ReefCleaners.org

Crazy's 40g

crazydante23

crazydante23

Well I bought a new 40 gallon acrylic cube from my lfs. I saw it there weeks ago but didnt bite, until I realized how bad I wanted a sump, refuge. I went back with the wifey, and gave her the " its my early B-day present line". Anyhoot I managed to fit it into the honda, didnt take the truck because she would know something was a stirring in my head.

Well heres some pics that I posted in my Oceanic thread. Btw the oceanic will be available soon..

newtank001.jpg

newtank002.jpg

newtank003.jpg

newtank004.jpg

newtank005.jpg

I still gotta build a stand, and buy some plumbing supplies. Im still gonna use the sundial pendant on this tank. Im planning to upgrade my mp-20 also. Enjoy

crazydante23

Here's the stand built, It was so easy. Home depot guy cut all my wood for me. I even found a precut 2x2x3/4" board for the top. The stand is 24"x24"x39". Its perfect for the tank. I still have to make it more sturdy and sand it down. Im gonna slow down a lil and rethink how I want it to look. Next in line is building a sump and plumbing.

I cant decide if I wanna go sandless,BB. I have some bad as s pieces of rock that I can use in the new tank. It would not fit in the oceanic. If anybody has any tips for me, post them. Ty

standbuild002.jpg

standbuild005.jpg

standbuild006.jpg

standbuild008.jpg

standbuild009.jpg

standbuild010.jpg

standbuild011.jpg

Hey check out the Halo over my tank, Thumbs up from above, ya heard..

standbuild012.jpg

standbuild013.jpg

standbuild014.jpg

standbuild015.jpg

standbuild016.jpg

standbuild017.jpg

crazydante23

Ok, I found what I needed at MD. Im gonna place the order monday for bulkheads and locklines. I want to order the Eheim 1262 Pump for return. The return hole is 1/2" and the drains are 2, 1" holes. Im thinking durso style and the second one is a backup drain. Im gonna work on the stand a lil more and please tell me if all sounds good.

crazydante23

Im gonna stain it when its complete. I still need a skin. Man, I still cant believe how easy it was. I got some great rock going in there. wierd shapes and sizes. I'll throw some pics up later.

crazydante23

I decided to keep my 40g oceanic, which means I cant strip the equipment. So, Im gonna have to buy all new equipment for the new build. To begin I was thinking of ordering this light

Sunlight Supply Lumen Max Elite Mogul Fixture

Features:

High performance 95% reflective Alanod brand reflector material

Highest output in it’s class

Quick release low profile mounting bracket for canopies

Designed to illuminate 2’x2’-30”x30” areas

Adjustable socket with multi-position power cord

Powder coated and rustproof frame

Can be suspended with our wire-suspension hanging kit (sold separately)

Lightweight (3.7lb with socket) 14.5”x14.5”x5.3”

Im thinking of making a diy light stand also. I will be using a galaxy ballast if I buy this reflector. lemme know your opinion on this light, ty.

https://www.marinedepot.com/ps_ViewItem.asp...ies&vendor=

crazydante23

I managed to put the sides of the stand on. I have something cool in mind for the front. I gotta sand it down and paint it.

stand2004.jpg

stand2005.jpg

My plumbing parts came in quick. We are getting there slowly but surely.

tttttoppp004.jpg

tttttoppp003.jpg

tttttoppp001.jpg

tttttoppp002.jpg

crazydante23

Thanks guys for the positive comments.

Today i went to Home depot and picked up some plumbing for my durso pipes. I also found this lighting for sale from a local guy.

250w DE Hamilton Reefstar pendant w/ Hamilton HQI ballast and 14,000k Phoenix bulb

hopefully I can get it because its in great condition and I can save a bill or 2.

crazydante23
that tank is SEXY!

Thank you, I tought so too.

I hooked up 1 durso stand and 1 backup stand. Do you guys think Overflow would be quieter if i hooked up 2 dursos at the exact same height. The return is 1/2 inch and this wont be my main flow. I need some input from you. Also what is the max gph from a 1/2 inch return. I want to get the right return pump. The pump would be placed 3 feet 6 inches from the output nozzle.

tttttoppp007.jpg

tttttoppp006.jpg

crazydante23
where was that lr from? like where was it cultured?

I dont know pbuehh, I'll let you know when I go to the lfs.

I hooked up 1 durso stand and 1 backup stand. Do you guys think Overflow would be quieter if i hooked up 2 dursos at the exact same height. The return is 1/2 inch and this wont be my main flow. I need some input from you. Also what is the max gph from a 1/2 inch return. I want to get the right return pump. The pump would be placed 3 feet 6 inches from the output nozzle.

tttttoppp007.jpg

tttttoppp006.jpg

Paleoreef103

tttttoppp007.jpg

tttttoppp006.jpg

If you put the durso down a little bit and then adjust the ball joint so that the water level is constant between the lower durso and your emergency standpipe you'll basically have a Herbie method system. They're supposed to be the quietest. I don't have much sump experience, but it seems like the best way to go. There is a huge thread on it on RC (shudders), but it's worth a read.

Can you explain the ball valve on the intake? What has your reasoning for it? I would put on the return.

crazydante23

In case I want to try the herbie method, or in case I want to test the emergency overfllow. And because I had that peice laying around. Im still trying to find the best method to plumb this. Nothing is glued down yet. OK, anybody know which pump will be good for a 1/2 inch return with an 1" overflow. I guess I can buy the eheim and lower the flow with a ball valve.

crazydante23

I bought it

250w DE Hamilton Reefstar pendant w/ Hamilton HQI ballast and 14,000k Phoenix bulb

light001.jpg

light002.jpg

light004.jpg

light003.jpg

Its gonna be perfect over the new setup, Now I need to go back to homedepot and get a pipe bender.

Archived