Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

K-MAN'S KEEP: 24 G AQUAPOD

K-MAN

So the move is finally over! Getting settled in the new apartment and decided tonight was a good time to mix some salt and set up the tank. Pics to follow momentarily.

Here's what I'm working with: I'm going with D-D H2Ocean salt

24G Aquapod

150w sunpod

20K radium bulb

Biocube stand

Vortech MP20

MJ1200 (upgraded return)

Tunze Osmolator

Tunze Nano skimmer

Reef Keeper Lite 1

Hydor 100w Theo heater

Azoo fan

Sorry about the crappy Iphone pics. The camera is still packed somewhere

More pics tomorrow afternoon once the sand has settled. I'm going to hook up the skimmer and the ATO tomorrow night

PICS TO COME OF THE NEW FRAGS THIS WEEKEND

post-42331-1237264121_thumb.jpg

post-42331-1237264134_thumb.jpg

post-42331-1237264174_thumb.jpg

post-42331-1237264204.jpg

OK everyone, here is an update. First et me say that i will NEVER deal with liverocknreef.com and I would not recommend them to anyone!! I payed in advance for there "primo deco rock" I explained i was moving but wanted to make sure they would have rock for me. he explained that the rock is sent the same day it was dived for and i gave him my cc and he charged it the following week. this was late Feb. I tryed my best to stay in communications with Bill (owner I assume) leaving multiple voicemail and emails. I finally got an email back that if I wanted it between the 13th that it would be shipped on the 12th. I spoke with him the following day to give him my new address (he says we never had theat conversation). I moved on the 11th. the preceding weekend I left at least 7 voice messages and 3 emails trying to get the ship dated moved back, but had no response! Finally at 11pm on the 11th he called me to say that it already shipped AND ON TOP OF THAT HE SHIPPED IT TO MY OLD ADDRESS!!! needless to say the fresh rock sat at my old condo for close to a day and i barely convinced my LFS to let me keep it there. I brought it home this wendsday and it smelled horrible. It looks ok, but not like the crazy pics on his website. Mine looks more like his less expensive deco rock. After calling 2 dozen times trying to get ahold of him to let him know of his mixup and how i was dissatisfied, he refunded my money so i got 25lbs for free.... When I asked hime about paying for more fresh rock once the initial cycle was over he said HE DIDN'T WANT MY BUSINESS!! what a A**HOLE!

here are some pics

I have the Tunze 9002 skimmer setup and finally figured out how to piece my Osmolator sensors together and will be setting that up tomorrow. I just did a Seachem total and free ammonia test and the total was off the chart (purple color) which I take as being 6+. the free ammonia came in at .1 ..... Any comments on this high total ammonia reading. Is this normal. I was going to do a soft cycle but I can't keep that much fresh salt water on hand.

The tank looks really good, sorry to hear about the bad rock deal.

well free is good, but I would never recommend him. He said we are busy without your business...we dont need it. Couldnt believe his attitude when he was the one who messed up.

The whole point of paying ahead of time was to prevent any mix up and to let him know I was serious about ordering. I paid him 2 weeks prior to him shipping. And I wanted there to be the least amount of time between the rock being taken from the Gulf and it being put in my tank. A 12-24 hr window turned to a closer to 48 hrs out of water.

What do you think about the ammonia reading?

Wow what a cray story with the rock! but free is good :P

Looks good, what is the ammonia reading? if it was outta water for 2 days I am sure you had some die off

I like the scape alot :)

• 3 weeks later...

Ammonia and nitrites undetectable and just performed my first water change with a 9 gallon change. Nitrates at 3 using a seachem test kit down from about 10+ prior to the change. No corals of fish of course. Going to buy a CUC this week and try to get some of this detritus out. If you read above I had issues with my live rock and the result was massive die off and the detritus has accoumulated. I had been blasting the rock daily. I am running a mesh bag full of floss in the second chamber and i just put a bag of chemipure elite in the first chamber after the water change. Today i finally installed the Osmolator, pics to follow tomorrow. Only thing left to install is my Reefkeeper Lite 1. Moving along and trying not to rush anything. Oh, i forgot to mention that i did splurge a bit and bought Brightwells MicroBacter to try and help the cycle along. Don't know if i see any resluts. Last tank i had i used Marc Wiess Bacter vital and the cycle was noticeably short. that was 7 years ago and my LFS is a big Brightwell supporter so i went with their product. PICS TO FOLLOW TOMORROW..ERR...TODAY IN THE AFTERNOON

So added a CUC this week. I had always observed numerous pods on the glass but this week FW have appeared. They are a light brown and seem to be multiplying? Could they have come in on the CUC? They came from a reputable LSFS. I may not have noticed them prior but I dont think i saw them before. I have Flatworm X, should I dose the whole tank? I can count about 20-25 on the glass?????

I dont have a macro lens and I cant get a pic of the flatworms. I'm going to dose Flatworn X tommorrow before my waterchange. Going to do a 6g to try and get my Nitrates down to zero. Maybe another 6 next week and then 3 g changes every week once nitrates are undetectable. Should i remove the chemipure elite prior to dosing the X???

Here are the updated pics with the Osmolator hooked up

I had same issue with fw in my 30b when starting up.I didnt have livestock in yet so i pulled rock and sand out and killed all off and started over then just to make sure all were gone cause i have heard fw exit doesnt always work 100%.Im happy i went that route and havent seen one since

• 3 weeks later...

That live rock looks really nice.. guess it would have been better to get it in your tank more quickly, but it looks like its going to turn into some great stuff.

• 2 months later...

So I'm still dealing with flatworms after going through 2 full bottles of Flatworm exit. I have been dosing 30-40 drops every sunday and then doing a 6g waterchange after waiting an hour. I see tons dying but they keep coming back. I think Im just going to add a velvet Nudi???

I have began stocking corals. I purchased them all from Tyree: Purple Green Eyes Cyphastrea, Cyphastrea Ocellina, and Pink Lemonade Acro, and I'm getting another shipment from Reeffarmers this Saturday! It will be 3 pieces: Lime in the Sky Acro, Ultimate Blue Stag and the best of all, the OG PURPLE MONSTER!!! PICS WILL BE UP WHEN THEY ARRIVE

• 4 weeks later...
Orange Crush

Kray...don't be a douche. What flys in the lounge doesn't fly on the rest of the board.

Posted in public as a general message to everyone to play nice. If you want to respond, do it by pm kthx.

Carry on thread :flower:

lmfao no wonder you're so sour this tank is trash.

VERY mature post.....gotta hand it to dude.....

KMan....just carry on....ignore stuff like this....

K-Man; well done for going with a automated system, your RK and Osmolator are great buys. I am settng up a 28G NC and will purchase the Osmolator and already have a RK equivalent.

I will be keeping a close eye on this thread. :)

As regards the flatworms, I've had experiance of them 6 years ago with my old nano tank. To beat them I did the following:

1. Obtained 1.5m airline tubing and attached it to aquarium tongs.

2. Start siphone and target the flatworms with the tongs. As you are using airline tubing, you wont lose much water and the Flatworms will easily be siphoned out.

3. Do this for as long as possible twice a day. Have replacment water ready (I used to catch the flatworms on filter floss and return the water back into my tank as I didnt want to replace water twice a day for a few days).

4. This drastically cut down thier population.

5. I also added a sixline wrasse at the same time. Together, I eliminated the flatworms.

I didnt use any meds or whatever. So, if you get the nudibranch I would stil siphone out as many as possible.

Its a right pain in the ass to do, but for me it worked. And thats what counts. I didnt use any meds and none of my corals/fish/inverts etc were affected.

Goodluck. :

• 1 month later...

DSC01037.jpg

DSC01044-1.jpg

MYSTERY WRASSE

DSC01025.jpg

DSC01025.jpg

FROM LEFT TO RIGHT: Rommel's watermelon acro, Rommel's Hulk acro, Tyree Ultimate Blue, Tyree Lime in the Sky, Tyree $500 Efflo, Tyree OG Purple Monster, GARF Bonsai:

DSC01024.jpg

Archived