Top Shelf Aquatics

Prowland's 40 breeder

Prowland

Well the other day my place flooded and I had to set up a temp tank to keep the critters alive.

I almost decided to get out of the hobby for a bit till we bought a house and I completed school... then my wife decided she actually like the tank and went out and got me a 40 breeder.

100_0818.jpg

100_0820.jpg

Yes that is a garden hose... I used it to fill the first time and let it mix with PH's, air stones, and a heater for a few days.

Then I added some dead and cured live rock.

100_0821.jpg

Let that hang out for a few days and everything looked good.

Next came the sand and the rest of the live rock.

100_0826.jpg

Some coral.

100_0827.jpg

100_0834.jpg

The equipment list for now:

250W HQI metal halide

maxijet1200 PH

2 x hydor korailia nano PH's

CurrentUSA subcurrent filter with purigen

reaction canister with carbon

300W titanium heater

Fish:

Yellow watchman goby

False perc

Coral:

-LPS

Candy cane

Acans

Blastos

Plate

Galaxia

Softies:

Figi leather

Colt leather

Kenya tree

Shrooms

Zoas

There may be some other stuff that I missed.

I am going to be drilling and adding a refugium and skimmer when I move so this will work for now.

The light will be mounted whenever I get around to it.

I dont know what fish I will be adding... the wife wants a group of Blue Damselfish.

Bummer! $30 bux

that guy skipped allll the way home haha

frogspawn at least is a pretty easy find but 25 heads :(

Nick's Reef

Looks good buddy, setting up a 40brd myself, getting tank back from lfs wedensday, getting it drilled and they were too busy to do it yesterday.

Yeah she was sad that "Fishy" the false perc lost her home. I was sad because I got it when it was 2 heads and it grew to that size!

Ive got a frogspawn that you can have to replace your old one. I dont know if it is off yours though. Great looking tank btw. Are you going to be at the Fragswap?

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Ross... that would be great if I could get some frogspawn... I know that I gave a friend of yours some but not sure if you got any.

I am planning on making the swap.

See you there!

I dont think i got a frag of your old frogspawn but i do have about 20 heads on mine and ive still got that "blue" really greyish frogspawn that has about 6 heads on it. let me know what one you want and ill frag you a few heads.

cya at the swap

Archived