SaltCritters.com

Gulf's AP24

gulfsurfer101

gulfsurfer101

Here is my latest edition of my AP24 I decided to set up after moving my AP12 to my new place. Livestock are monti's along with some various zoa's and some other LPS and SPS coral, a couple of fish, and whatever else is still in there that I forgot about. I have to thank a lot of people on this site for all the help in getting this thing put together. If it wasn't for all the good deals I find on here this tank might not have happened. I just plan on staying at my new place till the end of the job project I'm working on then when I get to the next job/town I think I want to set up a 75g reef.

my virgin tank

kidsandreeftank2002.jpg

My tank as of the start of this thread

kidsandreeftank006.jpg

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply
gulfsurfer101

Above pics from left to right, purchased from atlantisaquarium.net

Steve tyree AE montipora cebuensis, atl ultimate rainbow monti, tropical rainbow monitpora, original most wanted superman montipora.

Here are some randoms:

Steve Tyree's 500 dollar eflow

kidsandreeftank024.jpg

kidsandreeftank017.jpg

kidsandreeftank002.jpg

zoas&caps

kidsandreeftank014.jpg

kidsandreeftank019.jpg

kidsandreeftank008.jpg

Looks good! did ya use Sea Chems black reef sand? Iove black sand but had bad luck with it in my 40, I mixed some tahitian with the the sea chems and ended up scratching my front glass with the mag float :(

may go with just the sea chems when I set up again

more pix! :P

gulfsurfer101

No I went with Nature's Ocean boiactive livesand and a mix of my old blacksand that I washed with the old fish water from my move. I didn't like it as much as my old sand since it was much more finer but I needed something bioactive since I was going to be putting my existing livestock into this tank and couldn't afford to cycle that stuff in. I will be getting more pics up later on after the lights come on.

Can't wait to see more pics. Tank looks great! Nice blue color. What bulb are you using? Any atinics? The PPE should really POP with that blue.

I need to add some atinics to my tank. Can't to get them shipped to you to see some pics under the light.

gulfsurfer101
Can't wait to see more pics. Tank looks great! Nice blue color. What bulb are you using? Any atinics? The PPE should really POP with that blue.

I need to add some atinics to my tank. Can't to get them shipped to you to see some pics under the light.

From what I can tell it's a 14k pfo bulb that can be bought with the pendant. I picked up the whole fixture at a really decent price and it blows the sunpod away. I plan on doing a wc tommorrow and I'll get some pics up. I'd like to get a small double strip t5 to do actinc suplemation or just go with a 20k bulb. I've had a single polyp rpe for over a year now under a 150w sunpod and within two weeks under my new light I now have a small 5-headed colony.

gulfsurfer101

Sorry forgot abougt those guys. My fish list as as so far include two ora misbar clowns, one flametail blenny, and a mandarin dragonet that is kept fed by all the LR I keep in the right side of the sump along with basketball size of cheato filled wiht juicy pods for her. I beleive I have something around like 50-65 pounds of LR tied into this system.

gulfsurfer101

Just added a new ora frag toaday after taking in all the equip from this tank to the lfs. I can't find my usb cable to get pics on here atm. I'll get some up when I find it to show off the new scape.

gulfsurfer101

Still can't find my camera cable but I guess it can wait till I get my new stuff in next week. I'm currently awaiting some PPE's, purple death paly's, and some nuclear greens from the classifieds section here on NR. I'm telling you guys this tank wouldn't be happeing if it wasn't for all the cool people on here. I'm also thinking of picking up this sick SPS colony that is purple with some fat growth and purple polyps. It is much wider branching than most other acro's with the polyp coloration that makes it that much more interesting.

gulfsurfer101

Hey bobby I got my ppe's in today and that huge paly thing you sent along looks like it already wants to open up. Also got in some purple deaths and nuclear greens along with a sweet frag of orange burst zoas from kool-cat today. Thanks to both you guys for hooking me up. I want to get some pics up but am still not able to find my usb cable to get them loaded.

gulfsurfer101

It's time for a pic update since I took out all the coral did a major water change 2 weeks ago and scrubbed off all the rock of algea and tried to get the scape back the way it was before since I like the look lof multiple caves for my blenny to swim in and out of. Here are the pics, enjoy!

All coral housed in here for 10 hours while I let everything settle back down in the tank.

kidsandreeftank2001.jpg

About half the PPE's I got from bobby on a frag disk, I think it will look nice with a nice chunk of acropora in the middle.

kidsandreeftank2006.jpg

Bottom left corner of my tank

kidsandreeftank2022.jpg

left side view

kidsandreeftank2015.jpg

Sand bed shot with nuclear green's and Pd's I got off of kool-cat today along with some various zoas and whatever lese you might find on my sandbed

kidsandreeftank2018.jpg

Mounted ST-500 dollar efflow to a rock to make it easier to frag when the time comes

kidsandreeftank2003.jpg

monti's with nice pe

kidsandreeftank2007.jpg

And finally the latest FTS

kidsandreeftank2013.jpg

I'm still trying to figure out how to work my camera. 10mp and I still can't seem to get a good photo in there.

gulfsurfer101

Lame excuse for a top down

This ora green pocci is a tough one to get on cam

kidsandreeftank2016.jpg

and just a somewhat clearer pic I took from the front right side,

kidsandreeftank2023.jpg

gulfsurfer101

I'm looking at a few more monti's like tyree's purple unkown and replacing my sunset that I lost during my move. I also want to add at least one more good size acropora colony and then focus on my daughters now fully cylced 10gw10gsump. I want to get a nice skimmer for it and use the spare stuff like my sunpod and koralia nano and other junk in it for a clownfish nem tank.

gulfsurfer101

Just noticed the freakeist thing in my tank last night, my gbta must have split sometim earlier casue I had two quarter sized nems on the same rock on both ends just chilling under the led night lamp. That's never happened in this tank before. I wanted to get some pics of that but I got in too late.

gulfsurfer101

I've been practicing and pushing buttons on my camera trying to get a clearer pic out. Here's what I got.

kidsandreeftank3005.jpg

kidsandreeftank3004.jpg

kidsandreeftank3006.jpg

kidsandreeftank3007.jpg

kidsandreeftank3015.jpg

kidsandreeftank3019.jpg

kidsandreeftank3018.jpg

kidsandreeftank3022.jpg

kidsandreeftank3023.jpg

kidsandreeftank3020.jpg

kidsandreeftank3021.jpg

gulfsurfer101

Thanks, the clowns can be annoying sometimes when I'm trying to take some pics but I think they are finally getting along. The bigger one would push the smaller one behind the rocks and have the front of the tank to itself till lately.

gulfsurfer101
Your tank looks great. Keep up the good work.

I apreciate the comment brother, I just added some lobo's to the tank, as a matter fact they are still floating right now. I remember it being in the LFS and was priced really high and was one head and now after some comp the price has fallen and the thing has grown into multiple mouths so I decided to snag it. I also want to get some blasto's and a few chalices. I might have to put an order in from reefscience.com next week for a few.

gulfsurfer101

Latest Lobo addition

kidsandreeftank4009.jpg

here's one just for lalani

kidsandreeftank4003-1.jpg

sandbed shot with new lobo's

kidsandreeftank4008.jpg

I still love the panoramic view of this tank

kidsandreeftank4001.jpg

kidsandreeftank4006.jpg

and latest fts, this tank is filling up nicely!

kidsandreeftank4005.jpg

Archived