ReefCleaners.org

davidr2340's 34 Gallon Solana Upgrade...

davidr2340

Got my rock from John @ reefcleaners.org today!!! :happydance:

Seriously... This stuff looks great! I got 40lbs, but I don't plan on using all of it. :ninja:

2-26-09001.jpg

2-26-09002.jpg

2-26-09004.jpg

2-26-09005.jpg

2-26-09006.jpg

This weekend I plan on getting my rock structure built, and maybe get the old tank moved to a temporary location so I can get the Solana in place!

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
nice rocks. so what kind of rockscaping do you have in mind?

All I'm sayin' for now is... Bonsai.

nice rocks!is the beer good?

Thanks!

Bro! Serious? Yeah, it's good... Check it out for sure!

I didn't know Unibroue was available outside of Canada. Good to know!

What kind of rock is that? I've never seen it before. Looks nice :)

Hell yes it is...

The rock is Florida Reef Rock from reefcleaners.org!!!

Rock looks great... B)

I agree... I'm really pleased with it!!!

wow... congrats David... I'm looking forward to seeing the progress of this tank... :)

Quite a compliment coming from you bro! Thanks!

Me too!

It's coming man! You still in line for the Nano Cube?

Sure, no rush though. $ has been a little tight. Been pondering taking down my 15g frag tank selling the T5 and setting up a 3g pico on my computer desk. So many cool aquarium options..what to do, what to do.

So are you going to build a permenate structure or just stack your aquascape? Any plans that you are going to do different this time around?

Sweet rock! Put them in your tank and get some pics... LOL But really I look forward to watching your progress! And Mmm BEER! I need to go to the Port Brewery in Carlsbad and get more Cow Stout!!!

Sure, no rush though. $ has been a little tight. Been pondering taking down my 15g frag tank selling the T5 and setting up a 3g pico on my computer desk. So many cool aquarium options..what to do, what to do.

So are you going to build a permenate structure or just stack your aquascape? Any plans that you are going to do different this time around?

Well, lets just say I ordered a couple of things from here... That's all I'm sayin' for now... :ninja:

Sweet rock! Put them in your tank and get some pics... LOL But really I look forward to watching your progress! And Mmm BEER! I need to go to the Port Brewery in Carlsbad and get more Cow Stout!!!

I've heard good thing about that brewery, but I've never had the chance to try any...

Base rock attached to cell cast acrylic sheet, 1/4" x 12" x 12", with 2, 3/8" cell cast acrylic rods...

2-28-09001.jpg

Main structure done...

2-28-09010.jpg

Left side...

2-28-09009.jpg

Right side...

2-28-09008.jpg

Not sure if I'm going to use this rock in the bottom right...

2-28-09006.jpg

Or something like this...

2-28-09007.jpg

Overall, it's a pretty damn solid structure...

Still not as "sweet" as I had hoped... I had mentioned "Bonsai" in one of my other posts... NOT EVEN CLOSE!!! Oh well.

Let me know your thoughts!!!

Still not as "sweet" as I had hoped...

I know what you mean. I tried for a more crescent moon shape. It came close but more like a canyon into a rock face. Ah well your rock structure still looks sweet. So get it in the tank already and get that bad mamma-jamma running.

I know what you mean. I tried for a more crescent moon shape. It came close but more like a canyon into a rock face. Ah well your rock structure still looks sweet. So get it in the tank already and get that bad mamma-jamma running.

Thanks bro...

I might move the NC out of the way tomorrow, and get the Solana in place at least! -_-

It's a start! :lol:

Needreefunds

Looks like some nice rock John sent you David!

I too understand what yur sayin about the scape. It's tough to build what you have in mind with rock shapes you did not pick out yourself, isn't it?

In my case, usually rock scapes tend to grow on me rather than look awesome from the start. :P

I wasn't crazy about my rock wall, but now it looks OK to me I guess. LOL

And hey, you can always take hammer and chisel to shape a few yourself to get that look you want. ;)

Looks like some nice rock John sent you David!

I too understand what yur sayin about the scape. It's tough to build what you have in mind with rock shapes you did not pick out yourself, isn't it?

In my case, usually rock scapes tend to grow on me rather than look awesome from the start. :P

I wasn't crazy about my rock wall, but now it looks OK to me I guess. LOL

And hey, you can always take hammer and chisel to shape a few yourself to get that look you want. ;)

Hai there! Yessir, rock from John is kick ass!!! Tough to beat that price for it also!

I usually screw around with my scape in the tank... But this one is kind of... FIXED!!! omgomgomg

I think it is going to turn out looking sweet though... It is already growing on me. I am excited to have tons of open space on the sand, and I finally have a over hang like I wanted.

Or you can do what I did with a few pieces... I smashed them on the sidewalk!

:haha:

Avon Barksdale

Looks good!!! Even though I do like the Bonsai look......Your scape looks great...Ill be watching this one...Good Luck

Looks good!!! Even though I do like the Bonsai look......Your scape looks great...Ill be watching this one...Good Luck

Thanks bro!!!

Archived