Top Shelf Aquatics

Tang & coral

xnikateenx

i'm a little new to the SW thing, i was just wondering if there is any kind of coral that can coexist with a yellow tang without it destroying it. Any info will help, thanks a lot

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

he had no coral in there though so that why i was wondering because im hearing mixed answers from my dealer n my buddy and from some people in the forums

I know someone that has had a tang in his 12g for over a year no prob

Space limitations aside, I have NEVER heard of anyone with a coral picking tang. That being said please dont put a tang in a 12g. This is coming from a guy who usually hates when people lecture on tang habitat.

alright alright no tang in nano, then what would be a fish that is pretty enough and cute enough to put in the nano? and im not talking about clowns either

alright alright no tang in nano, then what would be a fish that is pretty enough and cute enough to put in the nano? and im not talking about clowns either

fire fish are cool. and so are dragonets but you need a well astablished tank and hard to care for

fire fish are cool. and so are dragonets but you need a well astablished tank and hard to care for

No dragonetes!!!

Clownfish, blennys, gobys, damsels would be good.

Scooter Blenny's are fine for Dragonetes in a nano. I would suggest against others but mine is trained to eat pe mysis and new life spectrum pellets. Whatch it eat mysis at ur LFS i have a buddy that was sold one that was called trained from a diff shop then i use and it never ate anything.

Scooter Blenny's are fine for Dragonetes in a nano. I would suggest against others but mine is trained to eat pe mysis and new life spectrum pellets. Whatch it eat mysis at ur LFS i have a buddy that was sold one that was called trained from a diff shop then i use and it never ate anything.

More bad advice for a Beginner. More often they starve to death than thrive in a nano.

More bad advice for a Beginner. More often they starve to death than thrive in a nano.

+1

Scooters are NOT a good choice for a beginner

LOL sure keep set in your ways. Just cause u had a bad exp with something doesnt make it the same for all i have seen many dragonetes in nano tanks as long as they take the food they do well thats why i said make sure u see it eat mysis before u buy a trained one. But its cool cause ur the only one with good advice huh?

LOL sure keep set in your ways. Just cause u had a bad exp with something doesnt make it the same for all i have seen many dragonetes in nano tanks as long as they take the food they do well thats why i said make sure u see it eat mysis before u buy a trained one. But its cool cause ur the only one with good advice huh?

No, he is giving good advice because he isn't generalizing to make it sound like they all take prepared foods. Sure it can survive IF it takes prepared foods but when you state that "scooters are fine in a nano" it makes it sound like anyone can go buy one and throw it in their tank.

You need to be careful when giving advise like this in the noob section. I know you eventually mentioned something about making sure they are already eating prepared food but only when someone challenged you.

No one is argueing it's possible, just probably not a good starter fish.

Now a tang i do see a prob with that only cause they get big, but if ur params seem ok the only real prob is the size of the fish. Wouldnt be able to do much else a couple small fish is really the way to go in the nano tanks. I personally like the Geometric Pygmy's the original poster should check those out once they get comfy in the tank they have a great personality.

No my original post stated make sure u watch it eat, and the post i was supporting said difficult to care for

Archived