ReefCleaners.org

24 GALLON AQUA-POD over a year old now!

musthaveitall

musthaveitall

:welcome: Fellow Reefers!

Lets start with saying thanks to every one on here for having such helpful info! I think I posted a few pics of this tank before I put the Metal Halide on it about a year ago, well about 6 months ago the tank crashed and I just started from scratch. Well here's the info...

Tank Specs:

24 Gallon aqua-pod (was PC)

175W Hamilton Tech. Single ended Metal-halide (1500K XM bulb)

Oddysea Protein skimmer (does just fine for this tank and fits perfect) <AWESOME SKIMMER!

Pump mod. (now Maxi-Jet 1200)

Power Head (maxi-Jet 600)

Started with DRY Aragonite sand

Carbon/Purigen (sp) in the back

Reef Crystals Salt

Live Stock (corals):

Live Rock (probably 20-35lbs Have lost track)

-Fiji

-Tonga

-Marshall

-Caribean

Aragonite Sand

Several Mushrooms/rics

Zoas

Candy Cane-like LPS

2 Frogspawn

2 Torch

1 Hammer

Kenya TreeS (their everywhere)

GSP & GMSP (their everywhere)

Acro (still gaining alot of color)

SUPER SHROOMS

Blue Anthelia

Pipe Organ

TULIP ANEMONES!!! I HATE 'EM THEY ARE WORSE THAN APTASIA!!!!

Stock (fish and Inverts)

Pair of Black Percula Clowns

Spotted Mandarin (10 months)

Skunk Cleaner Shrimp

Hermit Crabs (lost track)

NO SNAILS!

Now for the PIX!!!!

Clown3.jpg

FTS-ish

CleaningShrimp.jpg

Shrimp Cleaning Him self :happy:

FS1.jpg

FS4.jpg

Frogspawn

GoodCCane.jpg

Cany Thing...????

FuzzyBest.jpg

Indigo Harry Mushroom

GoodCap2.jpg

CAP-all gone it grew to the point I couldn't clean the glass so i pulled it out

GoodClown1.jpg

Clown 1

GoodClown2.jpg

Clown 2

More on Next Post

Thanks For Looking!!

Clint

musthaveitall

Ok, Here's Some more.

Galaxia5.jpg

Galaxia2.jpg

Tooth Galaxia

GSP.jpg

GSP

GoodShroom.jpg

Some Green Spotted Shroom that just Came...

Mandarin2.jpg

Spotted Mandarin, She is doing so well but dispite what the books have said she will not eat the flat worms...

Ric1.jpg

Random Ric.

CleaningShrimp2.jpg

Another Pic Of the Shrimp

I am Still Working On this But here are some Semi-macro's I am using a Nikon D50 But We just got it a month ago and I am still learning how to use it...

FS2.jpg

GoodCap.jpg

GoodGalax.jpg

GoodShroommac.jpg

Mandarin1.jpg

Any suggestions on how to do this, and if any one has this Camera please post some tips/tricks on how to best take these kinds of photos, also PLEASE let me know what you think of my tank-in-progress. :happy:

Thanks!!!!

Clint

musthaveitall

Lalani- About 2 months now she's nice and plump, she gets live baby brine+frozen omega and spirulina brine every day, I want to try a male but I am afraid she will kill him in the first 2 minuts he's in there...

Oje- NEVER will I have one of those again, they just mess everything up, I spent like 3 hours terring apart my tank to get that thing out of there... Hated that thing. (snails too)

Phases- Its been a wile like a year I think, I have just been very busy with school lately and i just graduated early and I am starting to take over the SW fish at the LFS and I finally have some spare time... So how has life on NR been anything changed?

Clint

(new addition for the tank will be a six line what do you all think?)

Phases-

TequillaSunrise.jpg

Pic is from Brett Shriver But mine came from His stock

Pic Doesn't do justice like yours...

Clint

The red and blue ones are actually the crunch berries. I don't have a name for the yellow skirted ones. Those are really nice. I might try shipping when it warms up. The long trip in this cold would be death for sure.

musthaveitall

Snails just nock everything around, and I hate to glue stuff down because I re-arrange it so much... I have had them they just don't seem to do much I had 6 turbo snails and when I took them out I hardly niticed a difference, I do have 2 Nassarius snails, so I guess I shouldn't say I don't have any...

There is a blue Anthelia at the LFS that I have been eyeing, Does anyone have one? Do they stay Blue?

Clint

Snails just nock everything around, and I hate to glue stuff down because I re-arrange it so much... I have had them they just don't seem to do much I had 6 turbo snails and when I took them out I hardly niticed a difference, I do have 2 Nassarius snails, so I guess I shouldn't say I don't have any...

There is a blue Anthelia at the LFS that I have been eyeing, Does anyone have one? Do they stay Blue?

Clint

Thanks for the information. I have two turbos and my tank is crystal clean, but worried as I ordered some zoas. They arrive tomorrow and, well, I am might have to take them out. :-(

I really like the look of that tooth galaxia... have you had any issues with it not playing nice with your other corals?

Great looking nano! :happy:

musthaveitall

The tooth Galaxia is AWESOME! I have never seen it send out those long stinger tinticals like the others, it is very cool I wish I could find another like it... All I can ever find are the Green ones this one has green in the center but more of a lavender outside it has to be my favorite thing in the tank!

I used the Aragonite because I had it... I really like it though, it really keeps the pH where it needs to be and ever since I started using it the Coraline algae has just gone crazy! Everything is purple! Even the hermits and the mag float! All I dose the tank with is Seachem Reef Calcium... Also the Aragonite is easy to suck the top layer off, and put a nice clean fresh layer in to keep it WHITE.

I am glad you all like the tank! Any openions on if i should get the six line?

Clint

musthaveitall

I just added a couple more corals, a 4 headed green hammer and a 3" piece of these awesome super green zoanthids with bright yellow centers, they are verry cool. I will probably post pix this weekend... When they settle in...

Thanks Everyone for posting replies!

• 2 months later...
Paleoreef103

Wow. This is a super nice tank. What kind of reflector do you have over your 175 halide? I have to ask. FTS?

• 5 months later...
musthaveitall

Wow it been a wile! I have some new pictures!!!!

The mandarin has been getting frozen and live brine shrimp.

FTS 1

good2.jpg

FTS 2

good13.jpg

FTS 3

good11.jpg

FTS 4

Good3.jpg

Side shot

good.jpg

New green Frog Spawn

good10.jpg

New Green Hammer Started with one head there was more but I fragged it on accident...

good12.jpg

More on next Post!

Clint

musthaveitall

Clown 1

Good5.jpg

Clown 2

Good6.jpg

Red and blue tonga shroom- A.K.A SUPER SHROOM!! SWEET!!!

good8.jpg

My Big Fat Frog Spawn!! Beleive it or not I have fragged like 20 heads off since my last post!

good9.jpg

And I just did this to the back of the tank-

good1.jpg

I put a bunch of green stuff in there and the aquarium has done alot better (algae wise) I used a 13W Exo-Terra 2.0 reptile full spectrum bulb in the old tank fixture, it grows chaeto like no other!!!

So enjoy!!! Sorry the sand is nasty and the skimmer needs cleaned- just small stuff

THANKS FOR LOOKING!!!

Clint

Archived