Innovative Marine Aquariums

Jon's 30 Breeder

05XRunner

Well I am going to be moving from my 20H to a 30 Breeder tank.

I am getting the Perfecto breeder because its a 30x18x12 tank not 36x18x12 like the AGA...So my 24" T5HO Hellolight will be perfect on it.

So far I got the stand Framed out, gotta skin it and stain it still..Going to order the tank this week.

KH5V0231.jpg

KH5V0232.jpg

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

building tank stands always worry me..Always worried its not going to be strong enough. I hope mine is.

the 30breeder will be about 300lb full

building tank stands always worry me..Always worried its not going to be strong enough. I hope mine is.

the 30breeder will be about 300lb full

yea i was going to get a biocube... but i was building the stand and was worried the whole time. but max came with stand that looks plenty sturdy

not sure..I didnt really look at the lable..they are just 1x4's..it might be oak..it was pretty tough cutting even with a compound miter

get 400 pounds of weight like you sit on it and put the rest of the weight on there. if it breaks its not strong enouf if it stays its good lol

I was going to say, It looks soft. Maybe go with a hard wood for the top!

well it def has to be stronger then the Pine wood stands they make for this tank to begin with....its just like pressed wood and thats it

update on my stand..So its pretty much done other then what kind of door I want to use..and I have to stain it and make a little shelf inside for my 10G sump..but this is basically it..I am pleased with it and I dont doubt its strength now...I am not to great with woodworking but this one came out good

IMG_0119.jpg

IMG_0120.jpg

Very nice stand...I'm sure that it will be more than sturdy enough. I feel the same way about stands. I'm always worried that they won't be strong enough. For the 20H that I just setup (after my BC29), I got the stand, put it together, and my wife and I and the dog got on there and moved around front to back and side to side to make sure it would hold :)

Looking forward to the move and the pictures. If I remember right, you have some nice Canon gear (I have a 20D I'm working with for the time being w/ some nice L glass).

Very nice stand...I'm sure that it will be more than sturdy enough. I feel the same way about stands. I'm always worried that they won't be strong enough. For the 20H that I just setup (after my BC29), I got the stand, put it together, and my wife and I and the dog got on there and moved around front to back and side to side to make sure it would hold :)

Looking forward to the move and the pictures. If I remember right, you have some nice Canon gear (I have a 20D I'm working with for the time being w/ some nice L glass).

all my camera gear is in my sig

no the tank does not have a center brace..its only a 30breeder that is 30" long..I think the 50breeder is the only one of the breeders that have a brace.

here is the pics of it stained. I just gotta add a door but that isnt a big deal. Just wanted to get it ready for tank and sump..Picking up the tank tonight

KH5V0241.jpg

KH5V0240.jpg

well its up..I still gotta fiddle with the light to make it fit over the tank better.

its cloudy as hell..but I like it

KH5V0245.jpg

Looks nice, can't wait to see it once the water clears up.

What are you hanging the light from?

my ceiling..just how it was when it was over the 20..probably going to be main LPS and sps

its crazy how much floor space is in this tank vs the old one..huge difference going from 12" wide to 18" wide

Archived