- Removed stock filter

- Added Bag of Purigen

- 50W Theo Heater

- Cut 3/4" from1st to 2nd Chamber for added flow

CHAMBER 2 - The Fuge

- Removed Bioballs

- Removed Drip Tray...replaced with Eggcrate for more flow. + Filter Floss

- Cheato

- 2 LR Rubble just to hold the Eggcrate down ;)

- Fuge Light from NanoCustom, you could DIY for cheaper....

- Chemi Pure

- Removed Second tray of second Chamber and replaced with Eggcrate.

CHAMBER 3 - ATO

- Tunze Universal Osmolator (ATO)

- Stock return Pump .... Thinking About replacing with MiniJet606 :happy:

Sticked a Fan over the "left fan hole" to cool it down a bit....dunno if its working... :o

PICTURES :

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

TUNZE ATO....

10.jpg

When the water hits below the sensor.....water will top off to the top where its at now. I have about that much evep per day....pretty cool and there's a backup float switch installed about 2" above that will shut the pump off in case of malfunction....

What I use to mix the salt

7.jpg

I'm new to all of this and N-R has really helped me a lot! Thanks all! B)

Tank is still cycling....2 1/2 week....doing all these mods to kill time lol....

Looking good. I don't know if I would have scraped all of the paint off the back though, you are going to get algae build up on the glass if any light leaks into the other chambers.

Hey StevieT,

The LR in the back is just to hold the eggcrate down...lol

I saw on your website that the media rackfor bc8 is coming along... B)

Looking good. I don't know if I would have scraped all of the paint off the back though, you are going to get algae build up on the glass if any light leaks into the other chambers.

Yeah that could be a possibility but my fuge light shouldnt leak too much, i scrapped it all off so i could see the entire back and see if it gets dirty with time so i can clean it...

Light is already leaking through the first chamber also because os the small vents from the front.

Thanks

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have 3 small blue leg hermit, 1 cleaner shrimp, 2 nerite, 2 Trochus Snail(Turban), my tank is super clean with this cuc combo. Coraline is starting to show....

post-40968-1236061606_thumb.jpg

updates : FTS

Corals

Softies:

PomPom Xenia

Blue Mushroom

Neon Green Mushroom

GSP

Leather(Pink...Fluo Green with actinic on)

LPS:

Lobo

Frogspawn(Branching, 2 head)

Candy Cane(Trumpet)

Planning to add Zoos,Acans,Chalice and more mushroom B)

Thanks for looking!

• 5 weeks later...
tank is looking sweet!

good to see that clown is doing good in a 8 gallon :D

I think putting the clown in under 10g is borderline...I make sure he eats well. Not much space for swimming. :huh: He looks happy until now but im sure he would be happier in a min. 24" wide tank

If id knwon better in the beginning i woulnd put any fish in at least 2 feet of tank.

just my opinion.. :)

nice tank

thanks!

i'm starting another nano...20ish Gallon, total of 40 with sump.

Custom 30X14X14" starphire

Skimmer/Sump/refugium

Giesemann infinity 24" 150mh + 4T5

Vortech Mp20

Elos NS500 Skimmer

Cant wait!!! Just spent life saving on this lol :eek: this hobby is getting expensive....

Planning on having SPS's (mainly Montiporas) and LPS + 2 onyx clowns, BTA.

Your tank is looking nice. If I were you I would jam that thing full of sweet inverts. 3-5 sexy shrimp 2-3 bumblebee shrimp, a porcelain crap, and a pom pom crab.

dunno about inverts, the cleaner pisses me off sometimes when he steals the food from my corals...especially duncans, he pulls the mysis out of it when they are closed and trying to digest it!! :angry:

I dont think i will put any more livestock in this...only corals.

I have another 8G at work, but its a really simple setup, nothing much in it :

Yellowtail Damsel

GSP, Finger leather, torch, zoo and xenia

Thinking about adding 3 sexy's in that one...

Here's the order i made from LFS coming next week for this tank :

Orange Ricordia

Red Ricordia

Small Toadstool (2")

Carnation :o , he told my dt oyster eggs should keep them happy. He had one in his 24g 3 years ago and now there's 4 of them! :)

Small Aussie Acans(Red,Blue) about 3"

Cant wait to get them!

Thanks!

I noticed that your earlier setup pics show a hydor flow in there, but the later one's show the stock return fitting. Did you feel the flo reduced the flow too much? I'm asking because I just setup a BC 8 with a mini jet 606 and the flo, but I am not sure if there is going to be enough flow....

I noticed that your earlier setup pics show a hydor flow in there, but the later one's show the stock return fitting. Did you feel the flo reduced the flow too much? I'm asking because I just setup a BC 8 with a mini jet 606 and the flo, but I am not sure if there is going to be enough flow....

Yes the flow really decreases if you add the hydor flow, you will need a powerhead if you want the hydor flow. I also took out my koralia because i find it made too much flow for my corals and clown...

Depending on the corals you want to keep, the koralia could be good.

With the koralia, you get less detritus buildup also.

Yes the flow really decreases if you add the hydor flow, you will need a powerhead if you want the hydor flow. I also took out my koralia because i find it made too much flow for my corals and clown...

Depending on the corals you want to keep, the koralia could be good.

With the koralia, you get less detritus buildup also.

Thanks for the info, I am trying to avoid adding another powerhead (koralia) as I personally find them ugly but I might go that route if I need to. I have a 606 in there now, so that increases it a bit over the stock pump. I'll see how it is when it's done cycling and I get some livestock in there.

your tank looks great btw, gives me something to look forward to when mine is established.

Thanks for the info, I am trying to avoid adding another powerhead (koralia) as I personally find them ugly but I might go that route if I need to. I have a 606 in there now, so that increases it a bit over the stock pump. I'll see how it is when it's done cycling and I get some livestock in there.

your tank looks great btw, gives me something to look forward to when mine is established.

Thanks!,

Oh yeah, make sure you play around with the nozzle and rotate until it gives you the right flow depending on your coral positions, mine is pointed so my frogspawn gets less flow and the gsp gets more etc...

• 4 weeks later...

Hey there

Great pics.

I also have the BC 8 and I am always wondering about the flow. I am shopping for the Mini-Jet 606 with no luck, but I have added two small pumps to increase the flow. I just added a very small hydor pump which has an out put of 100g/h. So...I should be pushing about 250g/h with the stock and another pump I have in there...Soooo...I should be turning over the tank about 20-25 times an hour. That should be acceptable right?

In terms of filtration, how benefiticial have you found purigen. I have always be interested in that stuff but never got into it.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi - I'm new here and just reading lots of threads learning and looking!

This tank is lovely!! Just the kind of thing I want mine to look like eventually. I have an 8 Gallon set up, which I bought of my friend.

Do you have any recent updates?

Archived