Cultivated Reef

Kozo's Solana

Kozo

Ok I know there are many Solana threads here on NR but everyone have to show and hopefully be able to brag about their tanks :happy: well here is my Solana mixed tank.

Date of birth: May 26 2008

Equipment

Solana 34 gallon tank

Solana Modern Light Stand (brown)

SunPod 20in 150W MH light fixture with 20k Radium bulb

Stock skimmer

Stock return pump

One Tunze 6025 Nanostream Pump

One Koralia 1

Rena Heater 150W

Tom Aquatics Aquarium Temp Alert Fahrenheit

The tank was set up on May 26th 2008 (Merial Day weekend) using 35 lbs of live rock and 20 lbs of live sand fiji pink. The live rock was well cure so I did not experience an ammonia or nitrite cycle, just a short nitrates cycle, but I waited till the nitrates went down by their own. So after 3 weeks I added everything I had in my from my 12g eclipse tank which I started 3 month earlier So I have about 45 lbs of live rock. Below are the contents of the tank to date:

Cleaning Crew

2 Red Leg Hermit Crabs

2 Blue Porcelain Crab (Diseased crush by some rock movement)

3 Nassarius Snails

4 Astraeas Snails

Fish/Shrimps

1 True Percula Clown Fish (Had a pair, but the male jumped out, so sad he was an Onyx :angry: )

1 Six Line Wrasse

1 Yellow Watchman

1 Fire Fish Dartfish goby

1 Blood Red Fire Shrimp

1 Maxima Clams 4 inch

Corals Softies

Blue Spot Mushroom or Superman Mushroom – very small frag

GSP – Metallic Green

Multiple Florida Ricordeas (Greens, Blues and Pinks)

Multiple Zoanthids (Greens, Orange, Dark Purple, and others)

Corals LPS

Blastomussa wellsi (Pink with neon green mouths 3 big polyps and around 9 in totals)

Blastomussa wellsi (Pink with green center around 6 polyps)

Blastomussa merleti (Red with silver center and neon green mouths more than 40 polyps)

Kryptonite Candy Cane (Neon green around 10 polyps)

Frogspawn-Branch (Green with pink tips 8 heads)

Coral SPS

Oregon Tort, ORA

Hawkin's Blue Echinata ORA

Phil's Granulosa, ORA

Green Bird’s Nest ORA

Orange Digitata, ORA

Pink Cap Monti frag

Water Parameters (as of 01/03/09)

Temp 80 (swings from 79.7 to 80.3)

Salinity 1.025 (Refractometer)

Ammonia 0 (Sera)

Nitrite 0 (Sera)

Nitrate 0 (Sera)

Calcium 430 (Salifert)

Alk 7.4

Phosphate 0.07 (Elos)

PH 8.3 (Sera)

Magnesium 1300 (Elos)

Well here are some pictures from May 26th throughout October. (Hopefully my pics will show not sure how is done.)

img3265w.jpg

img3271m.jpg

Then I added the rocks and live stock from my older tank:

img3288b.jpg

img3241j.jpg

Well I can't Upload anymore pictures Max out the limit, so I will post more later on thanks for looking into my Solana :D

Ok here I got some more pictures I'm still figuring out how to post this pictures cuase they are really big so I need to resize them, so if there is any other way to upload the pics beside the option given by NR please let me know

Well this is my Pink Monti Cap when I first got it, tomorrow I will take a pic of it after 4 month of growth, and some pics of the other sps that I keep.

img3498r.jpg

And this is my Blastomussa Wellsi when I first got it 4 month ago.

img3496wl7.jpg

OK here it is my Blastomussa Merleti hope you guys like it.

post-35813-1231307141_thumb.jpg

And some of my Ricordeas a week after being introduce to the tank, and my Yellow Watchaman

post-35813-1231307782_thumb.jpg

• 7 months later...

Well is been 8 months since i last updated this thread hehe. Well to start lets post some more pictures of how the tank started about a year ago. And go from there.

img3288b.jpg

Then about a month into the process

img3621z.jpg

Then about 2 month ago

img3976z.jpg

Left shot of the tank

img3981.jpg

Right Shot of the tank

img3982.jpg

Thanks Lalani my corals are doing great, but i did lost a couple of my fish due to my serial killer Six Line Wrasse hunting down my fish. When i started my tank I had a Cardinal, a Firefish Goby, and my Perculas. Then my Six Line Wrasse got aggressive and i lost my Cardinal, then my Firefish, then my Onyx Percula, and last but not least I lost my other Percula + My new Grade B picasso that i just bought to replace my Onyx. So my Six Line Wrasse is gone now.

Pictures of the victims:

Banggai Cardinal

img3334.jpg

Firefish Dartfish

img3158.jpg

And the Amphiprion perculas, no pictures of the grade B picasso since i did not had a chance to take the picture, my Six Line Killed it the night I put him in the tank, when I wake up both my female and the B picasso where dead. My female was attack since I took her out of the tank and place her in the QT so she would be territorial in her tank, and when I got them pair up, the Six Line kill them.

img3241j.jpg

I have to take responsibility for not taking the fish out of the tank sooner and not adding that extra B picasso to my tank, well know he is out and I'm going to restock my fish. Right now I have my Yellow Watchman Goby and a pair of new Grade B Picassos Percs that i trade in for my rocks full of GSP, so all the rock that u see covered on in Green Start Polyps is gone from my tank.

Ok now lets show some pics of the Crocea Clam

Arrival about 8 Month ago, bad pic very blurry cant zoom with my cam, I need to get a new one

img3614x.jpg

And about a month ago fully attach, again sorry about the the pic being blurry hard to zoom in

img3978r.jpg

And one more without zoom

img3967s.jpg

Well I loved my aqua scape but I recently removed all the rocks covered on Green Start Polyps, so you can Imagine how it looks now, half empty, but I did bought some new rocks to replace the old ones, and I think its going to look almost the same, right now the new rock is curing so it will be about a month before it goes into my tank. I had to remove my Green Start Polyps cause it killed my Oregon Tort, and almost killed my Montiporra Digitata. GSP grows way too fast and there is not stopping it so out of the tank. Well for now I would be posting some Macro pictures of the corals.......

Blastomussa Merletti

img3631.jpg

Well I try to take some pics of my SPS but my cam is not that good so I end up with this.

Phil's Granulosa from ORA

img4112.jpg

Hawkin's Blue Echinata from ORA

img4115y.jpg

ORA Green Birdsnest

img4151j.jpg

I would love to have a small frag of this Hawkin's Blue Echinata from ORA if you ever frag one. I love the new addictions you go there..

where the pictures of the blasto merletti?

• 1 year later...

Hi everyone, I'm not good at keeping up with my post or updates SO I have to apologize about it. I actually need some help finding a replacement pump for my Solana, I still have the original one and it is not working as good as it use to, it still works but I would like to replace it before it suddenly die on me. So if anyone can give me some advise on pumps for my tank. Please be specific let me know the brand and model number of the pumps. Thank you.

Archived