SaltCritters.com

Kim's 30GL

wimby

Hi thought I would start a thread of my tank. It is a 30gl with pc lighting tanksspecs are 36x12x16h I have a cpr aquafuge and a seaclone skimmer It was free and it is doing fine. I also used a left over eheim cannister for circulation of water behind the rock. The cannister only has filter floss in it and carbon which I clean out with every water change Which is once a week. This tank has been up since April it was switched over from a 20high which was a little over a year old. Hope you all enjoy!

Frogspawn

30gldec2808032.jpg

Brains

30gldec2808171.jpg

30gldec2808174.jpg

Hammer

30gldec2808058.jpg

Torch

30gldec2808053.jpg

Ricordeas

30gldec2808039.jpg

30gldec2808108.jpg

Left side

30gldec2808063.jpg

Right side

30gldec2808066.jpg

FTS

30gldec2808103.jpg

Thanks for looking Kim

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
nice!

Thank You

I also have a Yellowtail Damsel ,Clownfish, Royal Gramma and a Tailspot Blenny in there also a Serpant star in there . There is a 45gl and a 12gl also in my house sorry no pics of those tanks maybe next weekend I will post those.

Very nice! I like your rics :ninja:

Thanks I need more of them. More brighter colors.

Beautiful looking tank!!! :D Love it!!! Are you also on Manhattanreefs.com?

-David

Yes I am

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Some new zoas

with flash actinic

newzoas044.jpg

newzoas008.jpg

actinics with flash

newzoas039.jpg

newzoas036.jpg

newzoas003.jpg

newzoas034.jpg

not sure what that 1 alone is its sparkly pinkish hard to get a pic of

newzoas007.jpg

• 1 month later...

No nothing new waiting till after the swap. I am planning on moving my 45g into a 55 at the moment. Been picking up things here and there. I still need the tank drilled and the sump made and all that. Not rushing it. Heres a pic of the 45

basement013a.jpg

I'm new to the whole sump thing but think I will be fine can't wait to move that tank over.

• 2 months later...
teammember8

Hey Kim

Nice coralline algae! I wish mine would hurry up and get like that. BTW that small rock with Daisy Star polyps looks very bleached. Have they gotten any zooxanthellae back yet?

tanks are looking good

i like your color selection on all the various zoas.

btw that hammer is HUGE!!!

The frogspawn is much bigger now and I have a couple of more zoas

Hey Kim

Nice coralline algae! I wish mine would hurry up and get like that. BTW that small rock with Daisy Star polyps looks very bleached. Have they gotten any zooxanthellae back yet?

The star daisies are all colored up now I got them for free from a store they are much better now

Thanks I so need to update those old pics. Maybe I'll do it this weekend to keep my mind off things

• 1 month later...

Beautiful!!! Glad to see one out and about :lol: . Mine still has not emerged from his hole in the back of the tank. I am keeping my lights down in hopes of keeping him calm. Thanks for posting the pics and looking forward to seeing the 75.

Your welcome. Yeah at first it took him awhile before he came out but finally did. That is kinda an older pic he is a little bigger now. I'm looking forward to the 75 also. Had it drlled been sitting on my patio table for a week now just been to crazy to start . I still need to make the sump, get the plumbing and return pump and finish the stand. See I'm moving right along. I am off next week so hopefully I can get some done.

Your welcome. Yeah at first it took him awhile before he came out but finally did. That is kinda an older pic he is a little bigger now. I'm looking forward to the 75 also. Had it drlled been sitting on my patio table for a week now just been to crazy to start . I still need to make the sump, get the plumbing and return pump and finish the stand. See I'm moving right along. I am off next week so hopefully I can get some done.

Do I read something about an upgrade?! :D So excited to see the 75G up and running! YEAH!!!

That Blackcap Basslet looks amazzzzzzzing!!! BTW have you been to that GC Fish and Reef out in Centereach? I heard they have some really cheap stuff ... he hasn't been around MR too much lately ... buying stuff from hobbyists for his "kids tank" ... maybe he caught that we know he goes back and sells them at his store. :D

Archived