Innovative Marine Aquariums

D'mazing' Blazing Pico

iicongii

Journal:

-3.5 Gallon JBJ Picotope (painted black on bottom and blue background)

-12" 36w Current USA Sunpaq power compact light (upgraded to 70 watt viper MH custom retro build)

-Aquaclear 70 HOB (modified refugium w/ picotope 9w light custom fitted "growing Chaetomorpha")

-25w Heater (maintained at 76-80`F)

-5lbs of cured live rocks

-2lbs of live fine sand

-404 mini-jet

-Nano Nimble(must have)

Lighting Schedule as follows:

-Actinic: 9:00a.m.-11:30p.m.

-Daylight: 11:00a.m.-10:00p.m.

-Lunar L.E.D.: Always on

-Reverse photoperiod lighting for refugium "growing Chaetomorpha": 11:00p.m.-8:00a.m.

LiveStock:

Mainly soft corals, SPS, and sexy shrimps. My tank is filled with the usual hitchhikers: pods, snails, worms brittle, asterina stars, and feather dusters.

Invertebrates:

-3 blue-legged hermit crabs

-4 nass snails

-1 turbo snails

-3 Sexy shrimps

Soft corals:

-assorted mushrooms

-assorted florida ricodeas and yuma

-assorted zoanthids

-green star polyps

-rare mini green toadstool

SPS:

-Montipora Capricornus(Green)

Established: November 10, 2008

Thanks lalani. i define wanna join the sexy club pretty soon with the others and you. where do i sign up and what else i need to do.. lol

Upon purchase of sexy shrimp, you gained automatic membership of the sexy shrimp club! :happy:

Feel free to post your pics and/or experience with them in the official thread, linked in my sig.

Wow that tank looks great. Are you worried that your tank will flood if you loose power? From the pics it looks like the refugium will flood the tank without power...or is it just an illusion?

can you explain how you built the thing that the halide is mounted into (the long pole that is behind the stand). I am doing something like that, but need ides so I can hang a canopy over it.

billy_bob76148

it loooks like one of the poles you use when hanging an outside light, such as the mercury vapor or sodium vapor ones. And it looks to be attached to the table with some u bolts or similar. I could be wrong though.

thanks. check out my build, will update it now with pics of the stand's construction. I am doing a DIY canopy though, for the lights.

You are one of the most inspiration people that got me involved to building this wonderful pico. Lots of credit goes out to you. i think i owe u a cookie. jaja. thanks you for your help and many more!

Really? I don't remember putting halides over my tank. :lol:

Chocolate chip cookies should do. ;)

circusordie16

nice tank. i would worry about your candy cane stinging the rics that are right next to it if the candy decides to put out sweepers. just a warning cuz that happened to one of my rics.

get more pictures and less talking please :) I got my picotope today, and am already planning to have water and stuff in it by the end of the month (moneys becoming a problem again)

dude, more pics. :), i need to see how you did the rod thats holding the light up so i can complete my stands build and set my bad boy up.

I dont think that the crab would be a problem, but I'm not 100% sure. I'd say go for it, but I might be wrong.

Hey iicongii, are you able to put up a picture of the underside of your light setup, i'm trying to work out how it is you've got atnitics, leds and the MH in there, lol...

Cheers,

OwNeD

Archived