Innovative Marine Aquariums

DeMartini's ADA Reef

DeMartini

I started it!!!!! yaaay! omgomgomg

My BF took me to the ADA store to buy my replacement tank. This ADA is actually better than the previous one I had because the company upgraded the glass they use to a lower iron glass.

There's no turning back now! so far I only have my base rock inside.

IMG_5149.jpg

IMG_5145.jpg

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply
thats going to be awesome. what are your plans for flow on this?

I know!!! it's going to be sooo cool! I'm going to add the koralia 1, but if I decide to get into SPS then I'll need to add more flow.

Looks awesome! What are you planning as far as filtration?

Thanks!

I'm going 'au natural' with this tank! No filter, except for the rocks of course, but I will add a HOB filter and protein skimmer every time I do water changes.

kermitthedaniel

wait your adding the protien skimmer and HOB filter everytime you do water changes?? thats seems like a lot of work everytime you do water changes. why not just stir everything up and get what you can and do water changes on a regular basis. i think you should go with a tunze on this tank because they are smaller give better flow, and if you want to spend a little more you can control flow. this is such a nice tank. spend the extra 30 bucks and make yourself and your corals happy.

Nice tank, I like the photos in the back as well. Did you take them yourself?

haha Those are from Ikea.

wait your adding the protien skimmer and HOB filter everytime you do water changes?? thats seems like a lot of work everytime you do water changes. why not just stir everything up and get what you can and do water changes on a regular basis. i think you should go with a tunze on this tank because they are smaller give better flow, and if you want to spend a little more you can control flow. this is such a nice tank. spend the extra 30 bucks and make yourself and your corals happy.

I was planning on doing water changes frequently. I'll just keep an eye on my parameters and only use the filter and skimmer if I notice a lot of debris.

I was actually considering the Tunez, but I thought the flow would be too strong and I didn't know I could control it. I'm definitely getting one now. thanks for the info! =)

Looks promising! Keep us updated, also... congrats on TOTM :)

Thank you!!

I'm so excited about this new tank!! I can't wait to fill it up.

My BF took me to the ADA store to buy my replacement tank.

Where is this place you speak of? I must go there at once!!!! And also I am still waiting on those nuclear greens !!! :rolleyes:

Where is this place you speak of? I must go there at once!!!! And also I am still waiting on those nuclear greens !!! :rolleyes:

here's the place...

Archaea International Corp. DBA Aqua Forest Aquarium

1718 Fillmore Street

San Francisco, CA 94115-3130

TEL: +1-415-929-8883

FAX: +1-415-929-8826

URL: http://www.adana-usa.com

I have tons of nukes!! how many do you want? lol

I just ordered one of these and it arrived today. Getting back into reefing after a 10+ year absence. This looks like the 60-P, which means its 60cm L x 30cm W x 36cm H... I think. The tank comes with a super swanky catalogue with (planted) advice from Mr. Amano himself.

Pretty sweet!

your rockscape looks like it would please Mr. Amano - very zen. I've been thinking about mine... trying to get inspired by nature. good luck with your setup!

here's the place...

Archaea International Corp. DBA Aqua Forest Aquarium

1718 Fillmore Street

San Francisco, CA 94115-3130

TEL: +1-415-929-8883

FAX: +1-415-929-8826

URL: http://www.adana-usa.com

I have tons of nukes!! how many do you want? lol

Damn I passed by that place while visiting my sister but didn't get a chance to stop and go inside. The GF and sis were like "what are you all excited about" because I got all wide eyed as we drove by and I saw the ADA tank in the window. They just don't understand -_-

How much does an ADA that size run for. I am contemplating building my own or buying an ADA if it isn't to pricey.

Also is the glass tempered? Cause I want to drill a drain and return.

Great looking setup. I am enviouse. What a nice boyfriend you have.

I really really want to set up one of these! I'd probably go SPS dominant but keep it natural looking, mini colonies, no a tank full of frags like many SPS tanks I've seen. Trying todo the same on my ap. Back to your tank!lol. The scape looks great, the tank looks great, now fill that tank up and get the cycle going already so you can stock it!

Looking good D. How big is this tank and what are its dimensions? Can't wait to see what you decide to do with it.

Thanks junkitu! it's about 18 gallons 60cm L x 3ocm W x 36cm H.

I just ordered one of these and it arrived today. Getting back into reefing after a 10+ year absence. This looks like the 60-P, which means its 60cm L x 30cm W x 36cm H... I think. The tank comes with a super swanky catalogue with (planted) advice from Mr. Amano himself.

Pretty sweet!

your rockscape looks like it would please Mr. Amano - very zen. I've been thinking about mine... trying to get inspired by nature. good luck with your setup!

Thanks! I need to post a new picture because rearranged the rock... I'll probably be moving the rock again when I add the rock from my other tanks lol

I love looking at the planted tanks in that catalog... makes me want to set one up!

Good luck with your ADA!!! =)

tanks looks nice...good luck with it

thank you!

Damn I passed by that place while visiting my sister but didn't get a chance to stop and go inside. The GF and sis were like "what are you all excited about" because I got all wide eyed as we drove by and I saw the ADA tank in the window. They just don't understand -_-

haha you should have gone in!!! they have awesome stuff!

How much does an ADA that size run for. I am contemplating building my own or buying an ADA if it isn't to pricey.

Also is the glass tempered? Cause I want to drill a drain and return.

Great looking setup. I am enviouse. What a nice boyfriend you have.

I paid $110 for that tank. I don't think it's tempered, but I wouldn't really recommend drilling it. I know that you can order a larger tank that has a built in overflow.

I really really want to set up one of these! I'd probably go SPS dominant but keep it natural looking, mini colonies, no a tank full of frags like many SPS tanks I've seen. Trying todo the same on my ap. Back to your tank!lol. The scape looks great, the tank looks great, now fill that tank up and get the cycle going already so you can stock it!

lol thanks! yeah, I want to add SPS, but I'm not crazy about buying little frags either..... takes too long too grow! I think I'm going to have mostly zoas and rics.

good luck with your tank! =)

I am not sure if the are or are not tempered, I have heard more times that they are than not though. Confusing ? Sorry. Don't drill . I think ? These tanks are so sweet. I have jocked them for a long time. I have seen the ones with the overflows already drilled as well. What is the smallest one with overflow De? That whole cm thing makes my head hurt ! :huh: Oh and set up an appointment and I will gladly drive to frisco to take a nuke off your hands... er rocks. :unsure: Great tank though. Please keep us updated.

Awsome! So is this a whole other tank from the TOTM? I love these tanks!

yeah, my 14 gallon will be going into this tank.

I am not sure if the are or are not tempered, I have heard more times that they are than not though. Confusing ? Sorry. Don't drill . I think ? These tanks are so sweet. I have jocked them for a long time. I have seen the ones with the overflows already drilled as well. What is the smallest one with overflow De? That whole cm thing makes my head hurt ! :huh: Oh and set up an appointment and I will gladly drive to frisco to take a nuke off your hands... er rocks. :unsure: Great tank though. Please keep us updated.

I would be so afraid of the tank cracking if you drilled a hole...if anything I would bring it to a professional to have it drilled. I think the smallest ADA with a built in overflow is like 50 gallons, but it costs a butt load of $$$

I live in San Mateo, so let me know when you would like to come, or we can meet up somewhere. How many polyps do you want? I charge $15 per head. I have other stuff for sale too.

Thanks junkitu! it's about 18 gallons 60cm L x 3ocm W x 36cm H.

It's a beautiful setup but why not go bigger if you're upgrading? It won't give you much more room if you plan on transferring your 14g into it.

Ikea pictures RULE! B)

I LOVE ADA tanks, so I'm definitely following this one, that and well considering your current NR title of TOTM is another great reason to follow. ;) I'm sure I skipped it along the way (it's been a looong week, so fogive me) but what's your plans for the tank equipment wise?

It's a beautiful setup but why not go bigger if you're upgrading? It won't give you much more room if you plan on transferring your 14g into it.

The actual display on my 14g isn't very big and I'll be getting rid of a lot of the corals anyways.

I don't have enough room for a bigger tank... if I did I would have gotten the 90P with a built in overflow!! I wanted it so bad lol

OK so I just noticed you have an elos!!! you lucky duck!!!! I drooled over one of those for a while lol

Ikea pictures RULE! B)

I LOVE ADA tanks, so I'm definitely following this one, that and well considering your current NR title of TOTM is another great reason to follow. ;) I'm sure I skipped it along the way (it's been a looong week, so fogive me) but what's your plans for the tank equipment wise?

Thanks!!! =)

I'm going to add the Tunze 6025 pump. I'm not going to have a filter but I'll probably run a protein skimmer once in a while. AquaMedic 150 watt MH for lighting.

Archived