ReefCleaners.org

Rathje70's 29 Biocube, New Pictures!

Rathje70

I have been running this tank for close to a year now and have not gotten around to creating my own thread for it. I recently put a 150w sunpod on it and have a lot of plans for the tank.

Here are the specs:

Sunpod 150w w/ 14k Phoenix Bulb

Running a 15 gallon custom built refugium for filtration

tunze 9002 skimmer

Livestock:

Maroon Clown

Flame Angelfish

Blue Spotted Jawfish

Mandarin Dragonet

I have various corals, here are a few pics of the tank:

FTS

post-36505-1228263207_thumb.jpg

Green Rics

post-36505-1228263440_thumb.jpg

I cannot figure out how to upload more than one picture at a time. My pictures take up to much of the free space. I tried useing the insert picture feature but not sure what the URL is suppose to be. Any help would be appreciated and thanks for looking.

Beautiful Clam

post-36505-1228263596_thumb.jpg

Start of my Zoa Garden

post-36505-1228263672_thumb.jpg

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for all of the quick replies.

Zachsonn, I love the light, the best purchase I have made thus far!

Smurf, I love my flame, such a fun fish to watch.

I will be keeping updated with pictures within the next days as I have numerous acro frags coming in.

Thanks

You say you have some SPS coming in but i dont see anything to add additional flow. I would like to know more about your turnover/flow mods as i have a biocube with 2 korilia1s, rio6 and would like to get sps but i didnt think i had enough flow

Lalani, I will post some more pictures as soon as I get done with finals this week, this tank is in my dorm room.

itsdarrow, as far as flow in my tank for SPS, you can see the koralia on the right side that is on the glass. All of my SPS is going to be in the top of my tank at the highest structures in back, I am going to point that koralia straight across the tank to hit the whole top row. As far as the rest of flow, I just use the stock pump and the two koralias. The addition of my custom refugium has helped my tank out tremendously.

Thanks for all the comments and suggestions, I am always willing to discuss and learn about new things.

no I dont have any experience with the sunpod...

Im thinking of purchasing one.

Do you have any pics of your custom built fuge? Whats in the back chambers now?

oh and your tank looks AWESOME!

Thanks for all the comments, I love the hobby.

Ando, In the back chambers I have my DIY PVC overflow feeding in from the refugium, but that is all I have back there. I will post some pictures later on tonight of the DIY Fuge.

Thanks again and I am always open to more suggestions.

Rathje70

From reading ur post I see u live in a dorm....

My friend had a 29g bc in his dorm and he had a party and someone ate his clown fish and pissed in his tank!!

WATCH OUT HAHA

Well here is the fuge, Ido not have much in it at this point, but it seems to be helping tremendously. I have a DIY ATO also hookep up from the top shelf, great addition to the tank, especially with the open top.

post-36505-1228792593_thumb.jpg

Random Pics

post-36505-1228792736_thumb.jpg

post-36505-1228792771_thumb.jpg

post-36505-1228792840_thumb.jpg

post-36505-1228792874_thumb.jpg

post-36505-1228792926_thumb.jpg

post-36505-1228792968_thumb.jpg

post-36505-1228793010_thumb.jpg

I would definately recommend this light, I love it. I looked around nano-reef and got it from the hardware classifieds section for a little cheaper then what the internet was selling it for. This light is far better than what I expected.

Thanks for the comments once again, I will be posting pictures all week as my corals come in.

Rathje70

proraptor, I had a problem with it when I first purchased him, but recently I have not seen him nipping at all. I tried to feed a little more to keep him away from that and it seems to have worked.

Archived