SaltCritters.com

zoa's? not sure good pic

FishOnTheBrainCoral

FishOnTheBrainCoral

Ok so I know there is bubble algee on there I think they are zoa's but a trained eye would be better then my noob eyes! the green and purple marked ones. and the other big question ID help would be the brown stick looking things almost look like a feather duster but ugly..... I got this pic for you all hope it is helpful. if they are the zoa killers how do i got rid of them? BTW i have had this rock for about three weeks and they havent opened yet. they WERE very happy and all open at the LFS when i got them. all other tank mates seem to be happy (except one of two leathers just got still isnt ac.)

10G

96watt PC 50/50

temp- 78-80

ammnoia- undetectable

nitrite- same

Nitrate- same

Phosphate-same

cal- 380ish (hate that test kit)

PH-8.3

SG- 1.024

post-39884-1227864196_thumb.jpg

I'm No expert but the green and purple ones are definately zoas but the brown stuff looks like aiptasia to me, hard to tell from picture. If it is try aiptasia X that should sort problem.

FishOnTheBrainCoral

they were open @ the LFS brought them home and everyday i might have one open here and there and mainly the purple ones

Probably gonna need to get rid of the hydroids then. If you can take the rock out, scrape the hydroids off the rock, swish the rock around in some saltwater outside of the tank to get rid of the crud then apply some superglue gel carefully over the area where the hydroids are that may take care of it. Try to do it without getting any glue on the zoas. Also don't be afraid of keeping the rock out of the water for a minute or so to do this. Wear some gloves and eye protection. should not be hard to do. You mighyt lose a polyp or two of the zoas but they are spread out on the rock pretty good and I would not worry about sacrificing one or two to get rid of the hydroids.

Usually I would say to boild some water and squirt the hot water on the hydroids, but yours are too close to the zoas.

JMO let's see what others say.

Archived