inTank Media Baskets

GirlGoneAqua's BC14 (NEW PICTURES Actinic 2/10)

GIRLGONEAQUA

I love this hobby. Having an aquarium is complete sublime in my opinion. Here I hope to share more pictures and info on what is going on in my ecosystem.

As you can see through my timeline of pictures, my tank was doing superb for the first 2 years then crashed soon after. I was about to give up but I've learned a lot through trial and error and come to realize, its easier to keep a smaller clutter free tank than to fully decorate.

The Tank its self I have redone. I removed bioballs and sponge setup. I use carbon filters, and 140 pump. I have 2 blue LEDs and Actinics 24w lighting. I added a nano circulation pump too.

CORAL LIST

5lbs Live 3yr old cured rock Figi and Tonga

orange plate coral

trumpet coral

hard brain coral

colony armor of God zoos

colony green zoos

colony turquoise zoos

small red coco worm

LIVESTOCK LIST

1 True Percula clown

2 Red Hermits

2 Snails

SEPTEMBER 2008

IMG_3577-1.jpg

OCTOBER 2008

IMG_4137.jpg

NOVEMBER 2009

IMG_4371-1-1.jpg

JANUARY 2009

IMG_4706-1.jpg

JUNE 2009

IMG_5544-2.jpg

AUGUST 2009

IMG_5598.jpg

MAY 2010

IMG_6050-1.jpg

January 2012

IMG_6271.jpg

• Replies 573
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tank looks really good. I have a biocube 14 as well and it's about 2-3 months old. I'm moving at a much slower pace than you haha. I'm just trying to keep my water parameters constant.

What are your future plans for this tank?

Any pics of the new fuge?

What does the nudibranch eat?

just about every algea, but be careful that you dont starve them because if you loose your algae they will die! so i try to feed mine dried seaweed weekly because i dont have algae really, just love nudi's

Tank looks really good. I have a biocube 14 as well and it's about 2-3 months old. I'm moving at a much slower pace than you haha. I'm just trying to keep my water parameters constant.

What are your future plans for this tank?

Any pics of the new fuge?

I really would love to collect as much coral as possible, mostly lps corals though and hopefully have a wide collection of zoas and mushrooms. I will eventually buy the biocube28 just because I love the 14 so much.

No pics of the fuge though, but i'll take some!

Today I went to the big barrier reef sale and bought this great coral!

Big mama shrimp

pink zoos my mom bought me :bowdown:

what is star polyps, but just hiding for now

red goniopora, fav piece right now :wub:

ricordea with hot pink zoo!

Tomorrow is going to be an exciting day because where I used to work this LFS was advertising in our store with a rimless, 40g tank complete with flame angles, tangs, maroon clowns, and damsels. He also had a huge assortment of corals including the biggest most beautiful open brain! well this guy who should be keeping up on the tank, let it go to ######, it seriously turned everything into black algae! all the corals died some fish died...i mean it looks like a wreck...but what did survive is the brain! so tomorrow im going down there and getting it for free, because they dont have time to take care of it anymore!

so yay to free open brains! :wub:

Tomorrow is going to be an exciting day because where I used to work this LFS was advertising in our store with a rimless, 40g tank complete with flame angles, tangs, maroon clowns, and damsels. He also had a huge assortment of corals including the biggest most beautiful open brain! well this guy who should be keeping up on the tank, let it go to ######, it seriously turned everything into black algae! all the corals died some fish died...i mean it looks like a wreck...but what did survive is the brain! so tomorrow im going down there and getting it for free, because they dont have time to take care of it anymore!

so yay to free open brains! :wub:

The best things in life are free!!

They say the best things in life are free....but you can give them to the birds and the bees, I want money.

:happydance:

lol.

But the $$ eventually ends back up in the tanks!!!

dun dun dun! introducing my new free brain coral and trumpets!

plus the star polyps finally opened!

post-35118-1226958827_thumb.jpg

Wow very nice brain coral you scored on there.

my nudi has a bunch of holes in his curls, like someone has been biting him, i dont suspect my clowns because he releases slime before they even touch him. what could it be, corals, rock, inverts? idk! help!

Archived