Coral Vue Hydros

28g JBJ HQI Club....

MarvinsReef

who else runs this set up? what mods have you done already... a quick profile and some pics of your tank would be cool also.. :)

here's mine...

Tank: 28g JBJ w/ NanoTuners upgrade

Lighting: 150w MH DE (20k Radium bulb); (2) 18w PC actinics; (4) Moonlights

Skimmer: Tunze Nano DOC 9002

Fuge: AquaFuge Medium size w/ chaeto

Controller: Neptune AC JR

Top Off: Tunze Osmolator

Chiller: JBJ 1/15 HP

Birthday: 09-09-08

Latest FTS: 09-11-08

09-011-08_FTS_800.jpg

09-011-08_FTS1_800.jpg

09-011-08_FTS2_800.jpg

• Replies 517
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Marvin you beat me to it! lol, I was thinking of creating this thread too. I think its a great idea and it will allow all the owners of the JbJ HQI to get the most performance out of their tanks. I dont have time right now to post pics and specs but Ill get my profile up on sunday, and I know there are a lot more JBJ 28 owners out there so dont be scared to post your tanks :D

Oh ya BTW Marvin your tank looks Amazing :o. I had no idea you already had it all setup and made a thread about it. Its good to have a big name on nano reef with the same tank!

Nice thread guys. I am running this setup..been about 6 months now. Not a whole lot stocked in there yet (found out we were having a baby about 4 months ago, so its kinda on the back burner). Bought some coral toay, a sun coral and a mushroom. Already have some zoas, peppermints shrimp, hermits, snails. Tanks is doing great, corraline EVERYWHERE. i love the setup. All i changed was, added a fan instead of the chiller (works great), added the actinic lighting, and of course the filter media (chemipure, purigen, and filter floss). Finallt settled in and looking to add lots of things very soon. Pics were on the computer that crashed, looking to add some this week.

NancyPichette
who else runs this set up? what mods have you done already... a quick profile and some pics of your tank would be cool also.. :)

here's mine...

Tank: 28g JBJ w/ NanoTuners upgrade

Lighting: 150w MH DE (20k Radium bulb); (2) 18w PC actinics; (4) Moonlights

Skimmer: Tunze Nano DOC 9002

Fuge: AquaFuge Medium size w/ chaeto

Controller: Neptune AC JR

Top Off: Tunze Osmolator

Chiller: JBJ 1/15 HP

Birthday: 09-09-08

Latest FTS: 09-11-08

09-011-08_FTS_800.jpg

09-011-08_FTS1_800.jpg

09-011-08_FTS2_800.jpg

Beautiful Tank! I have the JBL Nano 28 gallon ordered. Should be here anytime. Can I ask what you have in your filter chambers? And what is filter floss? I see this a lot. I just started a 14 gallon Nano last week and put live rock in the middle chamber in place of the Bio Balls. I had also put lost of live rock rubble but read on here somwhere that wasn't good so today I removed all rubble and replaced with larger pieces. I also have live sand and about 15-20 lbs live rock most cured but a few uncured to get the cycle going. I was planning on doing the same thing with the 28 gallon but yours looks fantastic so wanted to see what you would do differently. I would post a photo but haven't figured that out yet. Totally new at this :)

Nancy

ay everyone

I love my tank and its up about month now

Few questions. What mods are you all pushing and anyone make a fuge in the middle cause thats my next project?

Also, anyone know how I can place the Aqua C Remora Skimmer in this bad boy?

Cooper

This thread is a great idea. i went on reef central and there is an insane thread on our tank, too long to read

Well someone has to follow Marvins lead and post pics :)

Just redid the rock today:

FTS100408.jpg

It is a Paly and Birdsnest Only tank.

Fish:

Mystery Wrasse

Onyx Clown

BiColor Blenny

Blackcap Basslett

Bangaii Cardinalfish

Birdsnests:

ORA Green Polyp Birdsnest

Phonape Birdsnest

Tubs Purple Polyp Birdsnest

Pink Birdsnest

TEC Purple Polyp Pink Birdsnest

Paly's/Zoa's

Purple Death Palys

Nuclear Green Palys

Desert Fox

Orange People Eaters

Red People Eaters

Widowmaker

Blue Cloves

Will add more later, after everything I did today I'm about half done with the To Do List I have of things planned.

Pics first then questions :-) Mods so far actinics by nano tuners and jbj ato, maxijet 900 replaced stock ph and two nano korillas. Azoo fan keeps it at 78 :-)

IMG_2200.jpg

IMG_2189.jpg

IMG_1854.jpg

Now the question that I have yet to get many answers on.??????

Setting up fuge in middle chamber??

I have everything ready to go in the mid chamber in my 28g nano hqi and then while looking for a light the LFS that I respect says just put the chaeto in the main tank in the back behind rocks???? I am so confused@@@@

What about all that I have read about if you put it in the rear chamber on a reverse lighting that it helps with the PH drop at night???

I also can't find a light to go behind the tank!!! I know nano tuners has one for $89.00 but I know someone has to have something that works and looks ok without it costing almost a $100.00 to light up a fuge :-)

For people that have the fuge in the mid chaber what light are you using nad where did u get it please???????

Marvin you beat me to it! lol, I was thinking of creating this thread too. I think its a great idea and it will allow all the owners of the JbJ HQI to get the most performance out of their tanks. I dont have time right now to post pics and specs but Ill get my profile up on sunday, and I know there are a lot more JBJ 28 owners out there so dont be scared to post your tanks :D

Oh ya BTW Marvin your tank looks Amazing :o. I had no idea you already had it all setup and made a thread about it. Its good to have a big name on nano reef with the same tank!

yeah, I thought it'll be a good idea to get all of our tanks in one area so we can share the ins/outs and what works and what doesn't... I hope more people join in.. looking forward to seeing updated shots of your tank... :)

thanks for the kudos...

Nice thread guys. I am running this setup..been about 6 months now. Not a whole lot stocked in there yet (found out we were having a baby about 4 months ago, so its kinda on the back burner). Bought some coral toay, a sun coral and a mushroom. Already have some zoas, peppermints shrimp, hermits, snails. Tanks is doing great, corraline EVERYWHERE. i love the setup. All i changed was, added a fan instead of the chiller (works great), added the actinic lighting, and of course the filter media (chemipure, purigen, and filter floss). Finallt settled in and looking to add lots of things very soon. Pics were on the computer that crashed, looking to add some this week.

congrats on the new addition to your family... mine is my avatar and he's turning 7 months on the 8th... :)

looking forward to seeing your tank.... :D

Beautiful Tank! I have the JBL Nano 28 gallon ordered. Should be here anytime. Can I ask what you have in your filter chambers? And what is filter floss? I see this a lot. I just started a 14 gallon Nano last week and put live rock in the middle chamber in place of the Bio Balls. I had also put lost of live rock rubble but read on here somwhere that wasn't good so today I removed all rubble and replaced with larger pieces. I also have live sand and about 15-20 lbs live rock most cured but a few uncured to get the cycle going. I was planning on doing the same thing with the 28 gallon but yours looks fantastic so wanted to see what you would do differently. I would post a photo but haven't figured that out yet. Totally new at this :)

Nancy

I like everything so far with my set up... so far so good.. I'm still playing with the (M) refugium set up... I still dunno if it's worth having the chaeto in there... I think the Tunze Nano skimmer will do the job but we'll see... when I didn't have the chaeto, the skimmer was pulling lots of junk and when I added the chaeto, the skimmer doesn't pull out as much.. I just don't want to bother with overgrown chaeto again... sometimes, I forget to trim it.. and it gets everywhere if you don't take care of it...

ay everyone

I love my tank and its up about month now

Few questions. What mods are you all pushing and anyone make a fuge in the middle cause thats my next project?

Also, anyone know how I can place the Aqua C Remora Skimmer in this bad boy?

Cooper

This thread is a great idea. i went on reef central and there is an insane thread on our tank, too long to read

I'll take a pic of my fuge area and the back chambers when I get the chance... currently, the wiring is all over... I still need to finalize the settings on the AC Jr... after that, I'll do some wiring organization... :)

I'll comment more later on.. :)

I've been waiting for this thread to start!

Started: Sept 14 2008

Gear: 28g Tank

1/15 hp Mini Artica

Aquacontroller Jr.

6-Fan Aquatek

Mods: Center Chamber 'Fuge with 18w 50/50 PC Light - LR, Sand and Cheato

2x 18w Nanocustoms Actinic Lights (Installed 45 mins ago)

Livestock:

5 Trochus Snails

2 Turbos

9 Ceriths

6 Hermits

1 Large Mystery Hitchhiker True Crab (Also found 45 mins ago)

Latest FTS

IMG_3612.jpg

I'm trying to do a well documented / detailed tank thread. Have a peek!

I got a pm asking about actinics. Here is a pic from tonight with actinics only. Thanks for every ones input on fuge light. I still haven't decided so if there are anymore ideas let me know.

IMG_2207.jpg

Hey guys. Do we think it be better for me to keep the stock skimmer and make middle chamber a fuge or just instal aqua c remora and then chemi pure somewhere?

Need advice

Hi All,

I too have a NanoCube 28 HQI and have been having a problem. The screws holding down the hinges for the hood are all rusting!!!!! Is anyone else having this problem?

What should I do? I am worried about my Inverts?

Thank you,

Ben

So I have decided to add the Aqua C Remora into the middle chamber and scratch the idea of a fuge for now. BUT, if any of you guys are going to make a fuge and need a light, I was at Ikea the other day and they have tons of lights perfect for this application.

Anyways, I plan on taking some pics today and posting them on my tank thread page so keep you posted.

Cooper

Hi All,

I too have a NanoCube 28 HQI and have been having a problem. The screws holding down the hinges for the hood are all rusting!!!!! Is anyone else having this problem?

What should I do? I am worried about my Inverts?

Thank you,

Ben

Ben, have you tried going to Home Depot or Lowes? I'll look around next time I'm around and I'll let you guys know if there are some that are similar or same screws... if they do have them, I plan on replacing all of mine every time I change my bulbs just to be sure... :)

So I have decided to add the Aqua C Remora into the middle chamber and scratch the idea of a fuge for now. BUT, if any of you guys are going to make a fuge and need a light, I was at Ikea the other day and they have tons of lights perfect for this application.

Anyways, I plan on taking some pics today and posting them on my tank thread page so keep you posted.

Cooper

Cooper, I think the Aqua C will be enough to help maintain your parameters... I plan on taking my chaeto out.. my Tunze was working a lot better when I didn't have the chaeto in there... plus I think it'll be easier to maintain in the long run.. ;)

Thanks, I already like the sound of the aqua c remora as odd as that sounds. It is a soothing sound haha.

This thread is great I think for all of us!

Anyone in NY

Cooper

FTS100408.jpg

Latest FTS

IMG_3612.jpg

both your tanks are looking really good... keep up the good work... :)

Hey Marvin...what kind of fish is that in your tank on the left hand side? Beautiful fish

it's a male Lineatus fairy wrasse... I'm holding my wrasses on the 28g until I upgrade to a bigger tank... the 28g will remain a clownfish tank... :)

I think having this forum is a great idea! :D

We all should take advantage of all the resourses that will be here to exchange information and learn new things and best of all learn what not to do before it is too late!

Again kudos to whom ever thought of this... :bowdown:

I have added pic's of my tank.

Allen

post-32532-1223403206_thumb.jpg

post-32532-1223404355_thumb.jpg

post-32532-1223404378_thumb.jpg

I think having this forum is a great idea! :D

We all should take advantage of all the resourses that will be here to exchange information and learn new things and best of all learn what not to do before it is too late!

Again kudos to whom ever thought of this... :bowdown:

I have added pic's of my tank.

Allen

Allen.. very nice tank... very clean looking.. once it's grown out, it'll look even better.. keep up the good work... care to share more info about your tank... upgrades, etc... :)

Allen.. very nice tank... very clean looking.. once it's grown out, it'll look even better.. keep up the good work... care to share more info about your tank... upgrades, etc... :)

I agree Allan this is a very nice looking tank. I hope I can get my 24G Nano to look that nice

post-39211-1223405606_thumb.jpg

Mine are not rusting but I did read somewhere where u could put vegetable oil on them to prevent this from happening. Maybe I will do that also to be on the safe side.

I got my fuge in the mid chamber up and running. Thanks everyone for your help!!!!

Archived