inTank Media Baskets

October 2008 - Dapellegrini

Christopher Marks

Christopher Marks

For October we're featuring @dapellegrini and his 5.5 gallon nano reef!

featuredreef.jpg

Click the picture above to check out his reef profile! You can find Dapellegrini's ADA Rimless tank journal here in our Members Aquariums forum. Feel free to post any comments or questions you may have for Dapellegrini, and he'll try his best to answer them.

Congrats on the TOTM! I've always admired how clean and simple your tank looked, and how you are able to keep that look and have a great diversity of critters. I also love the scape. Great job and keep reefing! :)

Congrats!!! Tank looks great! Can't wait to see the SPS really grow in! :D

Did you pull the heater all together or just for the pics? Just wondering if you had any need for one?

dapellegrini

The heater is in there, laid down along the back of the tank under the Powerhead. It does kick on in the evenings when it gets cooler.

Thanks for the nice comments...

Congratulations. Very, very nice layout.

I'm curious about the zoanthids in the sponge. How long have you had your colony?

I've wanted to try one but have been unsure of my success with the sponge.

dapellegrini
I'm curious about the zoanthids in the sponge. How long have you had your colony?

I have had the colony since July, so about 3 months now (definitely not long term success yet). They are doing fine, but I think that they would be happier in a larger tank and farther away from the light. They seem much happier when the lights are out and with a good flow angled at them. I got this one from SeaLifeInc.net for $9 if I remember right.

i have been following the progress of this tank, and have been inspired since day one of the very artistic and clean lines of the setup. even the rockwork was arranged immaculately, and the entire look is very very professional. well deserved TOTM.

on a side note, i used to do freshwater plants, and one would imagine that reefs would be more work, but amazingly i found that high tech planted tanks are insanely tiresome to maintain with the constant pruning and dosing elements and testing elements and battling algae... nice to see someone else also transition over.

Archived