SaltCritters.com

The Captain's 10 gallon

Captainj42

Ok so I figured I should start a thread for my tank since I've been on here for awhile.

First the equipment

10g tank I got from petsmart for like $15

Coralife 50/50 96w light

Rapids Mini Canister Filter

Hydor Koralia nano

50w Visi-Therm Heater

Thats where I keep it

Looks good. Maroon clown is going to outgrow the tank but should be ok for a while. Try using the img code for the pics too.

I will do that. (ok I did it) And I'm sure my clown will at some point get to big but when that happens I have a friend with a 55gal tank that he can move to :)

Maroons are one of my favs. Once I get a large tank I would love to have a pair. Everything looks good.

Thanks alot, I'm glad you think its looks good :) I was thinking about getting my clown a friend, what would you suggest?

great lookin' tank! I love those maroons. I had one in my 15long till I found him dried up on the carpet :(

hope yours isn't a daredevil

great lookin' tank! I love those maroons. I had one in my 15long till I found him dried up on the carpet :(

hope yours isn't a daredevil

You and me both

haha.

how do you like the powerquad light?? I really am a fan of pc's

I love the fact that is was free :) My corals seem to like it tho.

Well a guy I new had a really nice tank but he ended up having to move and the place he was moving to wouldn't allow andy kind of tank filled with water :( So he sold all his corals, fish and rock, but kept the equipment. Well he decided to get MH lights for when he moves again and use them for the tank. So when i told him I was starting my 10 gal hes said hey I got some lights if you need them. How could I say no :)

You know now that I think about it I've received alot of free stuff for this tank.

2 of my shrooms where free both kenya trees where free(started as one and I fraged it) both my rics where free, all my micro brittle stars where free my stomatella herd was free (started with 2 and now have more then I can count) hmmm cant think of anything else right now :)

• 3 weeks later...

So the filter on my wifes 3gal started to leak so we moved everything from her tank to mine, so I did a little rescaping :) Hope you all like it. Some of the pics didn't come out that good, I was having problums with the lighting.

The New FTS

DSC00519.jpg

Some closer shots

DSC00520.jpg

DSC00521.jpg

DSC00522.jpg

DSC00523.jpg

DSC00525.jpg

Micro brittle star with a couple Stomatellas

DSC00526.jpg

And my crappy looking zoa rock :(

DSC00524.jpg