Coral Vue Hydros

sun sun sun (new aquarium RSM coming - pg 9)

slcw

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is a very cool tank, I like the aquascape, you don't see many sun coral only tanks either.

What kind of equipment are you running? What size tank is it?

48x24x15 - shallow for ease of feeding

Aquamedic Shorty II

Eheim 1262 & 1260

2 x 54 watts T5HO

Seio 820 & Tunze 6025

7G RDSB

Outdoor compressor + 1 HP titianium coil resun

Wow! It's very simple, but the coral colors really pop out.

Being a biotope doesn't determine if tangs can be kept. It just means that a specific set of livestock is the main focus (in this case sun corals).

Wow! It's very simple, but the coral colors really pop out.

Being a biotope doesn't determine if tangs can be kept. It just means that a specific set of livestock is the main focus (in this case sun corals).

oops, i always think biotopes mean cold water, idk why it just seems like it would :happy:

tank is gorgeous by the way

Vey nice. How do you feed them? IME I've had trouble with fish stealing the coral's food if I spot feed, but I know there are other ways.

What temp. are you running? I've never heard of anyone having Tubastrea's (tropical corals) and Balanophyllia's (cold wter corals) in the same tank?! But then, I'd never heard of Balanophyllia's until just now :D

Vey nice. How do you feed them? IME I've had trouble with fish stealing the coral's food if I spot feed, but I know there are other ways.

What temp. are you running? I've never heard of anyone having Tubastrea's (tropical corals) and Balanophyllia's (cold wter corals) in the same tank?! But then, I'd never heard of Balanophyllia's until just now :D

I feed them usually with tweezers. Yes the fish do come, only after i leave the fish tank. They snatch it from Sun's tentacles. I cannot help that though :P

The aquarium temp is about 26 degrees C.

beautiful tank, very nice aquascaping! I envy the setup, but not the workload :D

LOL, the tangs u mean. Yes you are the second person who told me that.

Wow, gorgeous tank!

thanks

Beautiful pics!!Thats a fantastic looking biotope.

thanx too

THAT IS A SWEET TANK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THE TANG IS COOL .IT WELL DO GREAT.MY FRIEND HAD ONE IN CUSTOM 18 GAL FROM BABY THAT FISH IS NOW 6 YEARS OLD.

THE TANG IS COOL .IT WELL DO GREAT.MY FRIEND HAD ONE IN CUSTOM 18 GAL FROM BABY THAT FISH IS NOW 6 YEARS OLD.

IM SURE THE TANG LOVED BEING IN A 18 GALLON...... :rolleyes:

That poor yellow tang looks cramped in your small tank, it's messed up if you ask me.. :angry:

:huh: Umm, look at the dimensions. It's roughly 75 gallons when empty. I wouldn't call that a small tank.

That poor yellow tang looks cramped in your small tank, it's messed up if you ask me.. :angry:

:P it is not too bad, it has 48" by 24" (L x W), large surface area. Just the height is shallow. If u ask me it is worst for regal tang, the shape of regal is made for fast swim, vs. yellow tang whose body is made for quick dashes. Thanks :)

thanks, but i need to add a dash of colors now ;)

awesome tank. sun coral is 1 of my fav corals

great to hear.

Wow, that is an awsome tank. You take awsome pics of it too. I've never seen a suncoral that impressed me as much as yours do since the lfs I was limited to was mainly just b-grade stuff at best, but those shots have made me rethink how impressive they can be.

Archived