ReefCleaners.org

Fiction's 12G AP

fiction101

I just set this tank up last Saturday, I transferred the water/rock/corals/fish from my picotope to it, I added 6 pounds of cured live rock along with new sand. I haven't seen any sign of a new cycle so far, but I plan on keeping it stocked low for the first few weeks.

Here are the specs:

12 Gallon Aquapod

16.5" 70w sunpod

stock return pump

koralia nano

25w stealth heater

Livestock list:

one small clown fish

2 sexy shrimp

1 boxer crab

diasy/blue clove polyp frags

Fullshot-2.jpg

1-7.jpg

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
Yeah you got some nice coralline on those rocks. What are you future livestock plans?

A yellow watchman goby and a purple firefish, also a nice bubble tip nem. :)

I just hooked up a small cpr aquafuge yesterday, it holds about 2.5 gallons. I'm using a 12" 18w single satellite light fixture with a 6700k/10k bulb, it's a perfect fit so I wont have to worry about getting legs or a cover for it. I threw in a little bit of sand, 4 pounds of live rock, cheato, and red grape algae. I love these little refugiums, I had one on my 24g AP and it worked great. It's a hundred times better then a AC110 filter. ;)

DSCN1006.jpg

DSCN1002.jpg

DSCN1008.jpg

Looks like you might be having some surface film issues. My AP12 did until I did the CD case mod:

http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?...=169081&hl=

Thanks for the link, but I actually was able to get the right amount of flow to break up the surface film. :)

Can't wait to see what you come up with. Your picotope was one of my favorites so I'm sure this will be beautiful!

I totally agree. His 24g was one of my favorites.

Fiction, your aquascaping, coral selection and placement has always been top notch. I'm definately tagging along on this thread

Robin

I totally agree. His 24g was one of my favorites.

Fiction, your aquascaping, coral selection and placement has always been top notch. I'm definately tagging along on this thread

Robin

I owe it all to my lfs, they get some great looking live rock so aquascaping is usually a breeze. :D

These tanks are pretty sweet. I espicially like that HOB fuge. I kinda want one for mine after seeing yours.

I highly recommend one, they usually average around $40-60 used, also aquatraders sells similar ones plus they sells lights that fit perfect on them. :)

gulfsurfer101

I might check into them. I bought that 36" T5 system from them and was very pleased with how the way it lights up my fowlr. I also am noticing surface film in my tank after lights out. It's hard to believe with the GPH turnover rate going on in my AP12. I have the return pump for the AP24 in it along with a spraybar powered by maxijet1200 and koralia nano in it. I even blocked the bottom chambers.

Well I found an expected hitchhiker today, I feeding my clown today and saw a green mantis shrimp poking it's eyes (head?) out of one of my rocks a couple times really fast. I was kind of shocked to see one pop up after having the live rock for over 3 weeks. Will it cause problems down the road or should I just let it live in my tank? :o

I just caught the mantis shrimp I found in my tank a few days ago (with a net), so I'm wondering what I should do with it? Would it be a good idea to put it in my refugium or should I just give it to my lfs?

gulfsurfer101

Trade it in for one of those firefishes. I'll bet they will be willing to take off your hands for some store credit. Aree you still noticing any surface scumm with that refugium hanging on back of your tank. I can't seem to break mine up in the front right corner and I'm using the pump for the AP24. I might have to get one of those surface skimmers for the nanocube12 and just glue it to the overflow teeth to rid myself of this problem.

gulfsurfer101

I like that red stuff that you got thrown in that fuge. What are the chances of getting a stalk of that shizznit for my tank.

Very awesome tank Fiction. Great rockscape too, I'm a fan of the one-peak crescent look =D

I love how you divided the coral colonies up, gives it a wholesome look. Nice.

I like that red stuff that you got thrown in that fuge. What are the chances of getting a stalk of that shizznit for my tank.

Once I grow it out some more, I can send you some for like $12 shipped priority.

Very awesome tank Fiction. Great rockscape too, I'm a fan of the one-peak crescent look =D

I love how you divided the coral colonies up, gives it a wholesome look. Nice.

Thanks!

The center rock was a perfect fit, I love when the live rocks fit like a glove. :)

Looks nice, I wish I had that much room in my AP 12 gal.

It's nice having a large open sand bad, I'm hoping to find a large center piece coral for the center. Plus more room for my fish.

• 2 weeks later...

My clown goby chilling on its mushroom, while in the background my sexy shrimp is doing its usual good job of ####### off my clove polyps. :D

DSCN1044.jpg

Archived