IMG_2742.jpg?t=1219721218

and the top:

IMG_2745.jpg?t=1219721242

And a top down (look at the # of halide bulbs you see from the lumenarc):

IMG_2736.jpg?t=1219721430

Awesome tank!

What do you mean by copycat solana?

Did you make the tank yourself?

No. I just used a lot of others ideas to create mine. I thought it would be better to call it a "copycat" after all of the other tanks I used to create mine B)

VERY nice! How long has it been set up?

Thanks.

About 10 months now. Just upgraded the light ( 1.5 months agoand added the vortech 2 weeks). I've had the skimmer for about 5 months.

Awesome! I would love to see progression pics, and then what it looks like when all of those corals grow out...that's what I'm waiting on with my big tank.

Rimless cubes are my favorite..I WILL have one, one of these days! LOL

Again...amazing job!

Awesome! I would love to see progression pics, and then what it looks like when all of those corals grow out...that's what I'm waiting on with my big tank.

Rimless cubes are my favorite..I WILL have one, one of these days! LOL

Again...amazing job!

Yeah, I had a 90 but it was too much work. I love the small tank. I'm very selective in what I put in and it takes me 10 minutes to do a h2o change, not 1 hour. I'm loving this tank.

Now that I have a decent camera, I can actually document the growth and changes.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Here are a few updates:

Flame wrasse flashing:

IMG_2909.jpg?t=1229397786

PPE and ricordea:

IMG_3839.jpg?t=1229397920

Forest Fire Monti

IMG_3838-1.jpg?t=1229397959

Crappy top down:

IMG_3842.jpg?t=1229398035

FTS:

IMG_3846.jpg?t=1229398094

What are your thoughts on the protein skimmer? I'm thinking of getting one of those. Nice tank, btw.

It's great. The only problem is that it's getting blasted with light so I have to take it apart and clean it every few weeks. Kind of a PITA, but the skimmer works great!

that's an awesome tank! Considering that the light is 250w, i might even consider it better than the solana.

But anyways, quick question: Are your moonlights mounted on the pendant itself? Don't they get too hot? (I'm planning on adding moonlights to a solana pendant soon)

......hellooooo law suit.....

If you're saying this because I'm calling it a "copy cat solano," then clearly you didn't read the thread. It's a solana. I just called it "copy cat" so I wouldn't get credit for all of the things I "copied" from other nano-reef members solana.

Nice tank. What pump are you using for the chiller? Is it internal or external?

Thanks.

Mag 5. Internal. I have it running to the chiller and then it's the return.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
It's great. The only problem is that it's getting blasted with light so I have to take it apart and clean it every few weeks. Kind of a PITA, but the skimmer works great!

What about the weird spatula return... looks kind of obtrusive from the pics I've seen. You seem to be able to hide it pretty well. Any room inside it for media or a heater?

• 1 month later...

Here are a few pics. I got tired of looking at the skimmer sticking up in the back and all of the hoses and wires coming out tank, so I had a local cabinet maker make a canopy to cover the back section. I like the way it turned out

Before:

IMG_4652.jpg?t=1238116156

The canopy breaks into 3 pieces for easy removal:

IMG_4653.jpg?t=1238116201

And a shot of the tank with the new canopy installed:

IMG_4657.jpg?t=1238116254

Archived