Coral Vue Hydros

Ace1204's Solana Diary

ace1204

This tank will change greatly from right now as i start to go towards LE coral in the future with higher flow so check back frequently. So i bought this from another member lastnight and set it up today. Please excuse the pics since everything is still pissed off and settling, i still have to siphon the bottom to make it a true barebottom lol. Frags are def not in final placement but wanted to get them back in a tank before they got really upset lol. Also got a few pics of my Filament Flasher Wrasse i picked up from SWC few days ago, hes been shy past few days but seems to really like this new settup bc ive never seen him out so much. I will be adding some more choice rock once everything settles, also the tank doesnt look level but it actually is the water level looks higher on the left side bc of all the flow from the Tunze.

solana11leather.jpg

solana12.jpg

solana21wrasse.jpg

solana14frags.jpg

solana15zoas.jpg

solana5.jpg

solana4.jpg

solana16poc.jpg

solana3geismann.jpg

solana18buddies.jpg

solana19group.jpg

solana7.jpg

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They are $799 new with the light, i bought mine from a member in Atlanta Reef Club my local club, it is only 3 months old, i took the discoball pendant off bc i bought the geismann 150w from Flinster bc i like this look better. Check your local clubs for a good used deal, there is another for sale in my club right now.

So today i purchased a mystery wrasse from a fellow member with a Solana and Hes been picking on my Filamented flasher wrasse already but hopefully he calms down lol, here are some pics, also are a couple of pics of one of my Peacock mantis in a diff tank of course lol.

miz.jpg

miz2.jpg

miz4.jpg

miz5.jpg

peacock.jpg

peacock3.jpg

• 2 months later...

Clam i picked up at keen reef the other day thanks tim

solana7-1.jpg

Orange Fromia i picked up from tim as well

solana2-1.jpg

solana-1.jpg

solana3.jpg

solana4-1.jpg

xenia i got from barbara at my first meeting this thing was tiny when i got it really grown out nicely and awesome to watch open and close

solana5-1.jpg

solana6.jpg

you got a nice fish stock!

but isnt your bioload a big high?

It was at one time now all that remains fish wise is the clowns and mystery wrasse everything else moved to new tanks

well a few weeks ago i added tahitian moon black sand here are some pics

fts.jpg

fts1.jpg

greenclown.jpg

Well hopefully everyone enjoyed the black sand bc today i took everything out of my tank and removed all of the black sand went back to a barebottom lol. The tahitian moon is just too fine for the amount of flow i want to put in the tank. Soon this will be an SPS and Clam Dominated tank. Also rearranged the rockwork today. Pics soon to follow

Stay tuned...

• 1 month later...

So few things have changed:

No more Black sand which was a huge pain too remove but luckily i didnt lose anything.

No more tunze, it has been replaced by a vortech MP20

Stock skimmer has also been replaced by a Tunze 9002

lots of new coral

None of the same residents though.

Only fish in the tank are a true pair of percs

Hawaiian Flame Supermale/Female pair soon to come

heres the pics

121817.jpg

12188.jpg

12187.jpg

12185.jpg

12183.jpg

12182.jpg

121819.jpg

121818.jpg

121814.jpg

121813.jpg

1218.jpg

121810.jpg

121811.jpg

121812.jpg

And a final farewell pics to my Aurora Goby and Pistol Pair that i had to get rid of recently

121815.jpg

Lol if your talking about in the first set of pics thats bc of where the Tunze was pointed. I assure you it is perfectly level, ive checked but i noticed thats as well lol

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Changed the rockwork a little bit and hid the tunze skimmer in the back chamber and built a new clear mesh top, also ordered my 250w halide soon to be cooking my tank lol

fts1-1.jpg

fts2-1.jpg

fts3-1.jpg

fts4.jpg

fts5.jpg

fts6.jpg

fts7.jpg

fts8.jpg

fts9.jpg

fts-1.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
southstar066

Tank is looking very good, I really like the acans, and the ponape birdsnest. Glad to see more solanas. keep us updated

Archived