Pod Your Reef

DT's Frag Tub

dtfleming

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
so the standpipes drain into an identicle tub?

very nice setup.

Yes same size tub

What are you lighting it with?

250W Lumenarc Mini and 39Wx2 T5HO actinics

Very nice... How many gallons??

two 40gal tubs, so total gal will probably be around 60-65.

Tested and started filling them today. No leaks yay. I am going to have to add the caps to the standpipes to silence them. I hope to have the Aqua C EV120 skimmer this week from a local reefer. Still got 50lb rock on the way and need to buy a 250W heater and 5.5 gal for the drop in fuge. I think I might try the maxjet's with the mods so I can have them on a wavemaker.

coral from my 15L frag tank that I have now and I'm taking down my NC6 so stuff from there also. It's basically a frag and grow out tank. I pretty much have all the top end encrusting monit, sps, lps, nicer zoas, Monti caps. And Im sure Ill be trying to aquire more :P

Does that plywood have any bracing under it? if it doesn't, and is just spanning the cinder blocks, I can't see it holding long-term. 2x4s would work fine.

Your set up looks very similar to my set up. Except I have corals in mine. :P I'll show you my nice acans if you show me your nice montis. Well they are amazing under 14,000K but I have 10,000K lighting.

Depends on the size of the tank. I like to have 4-5 times turnover/hour. A Maxi 1200 ain't gonna do that in a 60 gallon tub.

Negative on the mangroves yardboy. I have your frag cut but I don't want to ship it until it's had a couple days to recover. I know colts are tough, but I'm not interested in having you receive another snotball.

I was thinking that a Mag 9.5 or above would be a hellalot of flow in that little tub. In danger of firehosing the corals.

I just think of the volume flowing through the sump which is only about 30 gallons not total system volume. If I can replace the volume in the sump four to five times per hour then i am ok with that. The maxijet does this wonderfully.

It's a Mag 12 dialed back some. The flow really isnt that much, Total volume is 60-70gal. Im still gonna add powerheads. Skimmer is on the way and lighting I'll hopefully get soon from a local reefer.

i dont think you can put modded maxi jets on timers (assuming your going to do the propellor mod)... reason regular maxi jets can go on timers is because it doesnt matter what way the impellor spins... its the same reason koralia and nanostreams cant run on wave timers...

Hey if you are still looking for that 250 watt heater, I have one you can have for $10.

Crap too late now. Tks for the info on the maxijets.

Ok, so its braced now with 2x4's, drop in fuge added. skimmer should be here tomorrow.

Temp-78-79

SG-1.028 need to get that down

pH-8.2

Ammonia-.25ppm

Nitrite-5ppm

Nitrate-5-10ppm

Alk-9dkh.

Cycle is on the way.

Picture709.jpg

Picture710.jpg

Picture711.jpg

Picture712.jpg

Picture713.jpg

looking good... i would put a larger diamater (sp?) pvc sleeve around that drain so you dont get crazy amounts of salt creep from the bubbles popping

Archived