Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

cp3823 - NOT satisfied

ddr_phish

I bought a CoraLife AquaLight PRO MH 150w from CP3823 ($290 shipped) (Clinton Pearson, cpears@cghmc.com) that was supposed to be in perfect working order and include a hanging kit (he said he was getting rid of it because he was upgrading to a larger tank). When I received it, I immediately plugged it in to check it, well only the LEDs and MH work, both PC lights do not turn on at all (idk if the bulbs are bad or if the ballast is bad). Also it is missing nearly all of the hanging kit, just has a couple of wires. I have sent numerous PMs and emails to him, but have not heard back from him. His N-R profile says he hasn't been online since June 5th. I'm not sure if he is having a family emergency and cant get to a computer or if I got ripped off... Any one else deal with him? I'll let you know if I hear back from him...

-Josh

EDIT: I just heard from him, he is on a business trip. Hopefully will get everything resolved and working soon.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok it has been past a month now, I still have a non-working PCs on my AquaLight and a very incomplete hanging kit. I have had very little contact from Cp3823, he said that he is now sending me the instruction manual for the lights and one of the hanging cups for the ceiling (I still don't have any of the other parts to successfully hang it). I took the light to my LFS and we concluded that the ballast for the PCs is non-working (we tried the exact same bulbs in there) and also both PC bulbs are non-working (they wouldn't work in their fixture). So now I am ordering, new ballast, new bulbs, and hanging kit from HelloLights.com with shipping comes to 120$ ( I already paid $290 for this setup with shipping). So basically I am very frustrated because I could of got this complete setup on ebay and wouldn't have to be buying repair parts for it. Also the explanation for the non-working PCs and missing parts is because he said that the UPS store packed it for him, it sure was not a professional packaging job, and if you were selling something like this wouldn't you atleast watch them package it??? And that leaves me questioning everything. All in all, be wary.

um no dispute via paypal? or did you not pay via paypal?

Am in the process with contacting PayPal about the dispute.

I have been in contact with this guy and he is a dumbass. I sent him the light which was professionally packaged by the UPS store. he claims the box arrived completely battered and torn apart. Like a horor story. HOWEVER, he made no documentaion of such by taking pictures or anything. Then he claims the power compacts do not work? Um, ok.

be wary of what? To everyone be wary of ddr_phis buying anything from you.

Excuse me? You never said anything about wanting pictures, but be sure that PayPal will receive them. I have bought numerous other items from other people and had no problems what-so-ever. I have bought from sunshine&bigfoot, kool-kat, and am in the process of buying some frags from weetie as well as others. I have traded my cherub angel to wicked_reef for some kenya tree frags and so far you are the only person I have had trouble with. And also, you told me that you OVERNIGHTED the instruction manual and a single hanging bracket over a week ago! Still have not received it!

Quoting him:

"check my feedback on ebay, clint_29 and get on www.600rr.net I have over 60 postitive feedbacks. I'm Doc C on that board. I will also give a money back gaurantee if it is not as I have described it."

check your damn messages. Here is the quote

"Yep, the instructions/paperwork went out Tuesday first class mail. I found an extra 150w mh bulb that I don’t need I threw in there. Are you sure something from the hanging kit is missing? There are the 4 disks that you can choose from to hand from the ceiling, the stainless steel cables, and then the brackets. "

I have bought and sold items on here as well with zero issues.

email. We have been communication via email

This guy can claim all he wants. The light was shipped and packaged via UPS. It had $500 dollars worth of INS placed on the box. He gets the light, waits several days to contact me, then comes up with these bogus scemes.

Well where's a tracking number? Why haven't I received anything yet? How come your so easy to get ahold of now that I've made this topic? How the hell am I gonna hang this is your just sending me a single mounting bracket? I don't have the parts that attach the cables to the AquaLight! How did all these parts go missing? How did an electronic ballast and 2 PC bulbs get ruined in shipping? And why the hell would the UPS store use crumpled up newspaper as the majority of the cushioning for their package (instead of peanuts) and scotch tape to seal the box shut?! I will accept 120$ to resolve this problem (thats how much I had to pay to HelloLights with shipping for the replacement parts).

TOO MANY QUESTIONS. NOT ENOUGH ANSWERS.

email. We have been communication via email

This guy can claim all he wants. The light was shipped and packaged via UPS. It had $500 dollars worth of INS placed on the box. He gets the light, waits several days to contact me, then comes up with these bogus scemes.

I contacted you the day I received the light. You did not respond for over a week. And when you did respond you told me you were competing in a triathalon and they had lost your bike and there was nothing you could do about the light. How is it my fault that I purchased a malfunctioning product from you?

Come on guys use your e-mails.

Sorry but usually he ignores my PMs and emails for a week or so, and now hes responding instantly.

So easy to get ahold of now? The first time I was competing in a triathlon. I work in emergency medicine. I'm currently a resident in cardiology and travel alot from hospital to hospital. Dont act like a I have not been in contact with you as I have been in complete and timely contact with you via emails. I have all my emails. The longest I have gone without returning an email was 4 hours from the time you sent me one.

You want $120 dollars for a light that a. could have been damaged during shipping or b. you damaged it.

Also the last time I check, electronic ballasts are more delicate than magnetic ballasts. Also, regarding the packaging of the item, You first told me and I quote from your email -

"Well the UPS store did a horrible job of packing it because the box was falling apart and leaking styrofoam peanuts when I received it. "

Looks like someone is trying to pull a fast one here. As everyone on the board can now see, your the bad buyer here.

another quote from you--

" I do not know if the fault is on your end or the UPS store, but either way, I have a non-working light..."

well, that was fast. Paypal already resolved the situtation.

it helps when I have over 250+ transactions on paypal with 0 yes 0 ever created claims against me. I have opened many against others, but not a single one except for today has ever been created against me.

So easy to get ahold of now? The first time I was competing in a triathlon. I work in emergency medicine. I'm currently a resident in cardiology and travel alot from hospital to hospital. Dont act like a I have not been in contact with you as I have been in complete and timely contact with you via emails. I have all my emails. The longest I have gone without returning an email was 4 hours from the time you sent me one.

You want $120 dollars for a light that a. could have been damaged during shipping or b. you damaged it.

Also the last time I check, electronic ballasts are more delicate than magnetic ballasts. Also, regarding the packaging of the item, You first told me and I quote from your email -

"Well the UPS store did a horrible job of packing it because the box was falling apart and leaking styrofoam peanuts when I received it. "

Looks like someone is trying to pull a fast one here. As everyone on the board can now see, your the bad buyer here.

another quote from you--

" I do not know if the fault is on your end or the UPS store, but either way, I have a non-working light..."

How am I trying to pull a fast one? I received a non-working light from YOU, at no fault to ME. Immediately after I opened the box I plugged everything in and tested it. All worked except for the Power Compacts, seeing as I received a faulty product I take pictures of the box and item in question and email you that night and wait for your response (1 week).

I have nothing to gain by posting this topic, so how am I pulling a "fast one"? All I want is a working and complete lighting system and to warn other potential buyers that I received a partially non-working item, along with missing most of the hanging kit. But it looks like I will just be eating the $120 I spent on replacement parts from hellolights.

EDIT: Tracking number for the light manual?

If you read which I'm sure your are more than capable of, the manual and bracket was shipped out first class mail.

Once again, I will quote my email

"Yep, the instructions/paperwork went out Tuesday first class mail. I found an extra 150w mh bulb that I don’t need I threw in there."

If you read which I'm sure your are more than capable of, the manual and bracket was shipped out first class mail.

Once again, I will quote my email

"Yep, the instructions/paperwork went out Tuesday first class mail. I found an extra 150w mh bulb that I don’t need I threw in there."

I'll let you know when/if I receive it. I did not mean any of this to come off as rude or harsh, when I did receive emails from you they were polite (as were mine). Its just that the lack of communication (over a month to get this far) and non-working product (on something like this that I was looking forward to) was extremely annoying, especially when none of the fault was on my end. I guess all will be well when I receive my new ballast, bulbs and hanging kit...

It urked me to the bone when you accuse me of selling a faulty product. And yes, you will receive the manual and extras I shipped out. Keep in mind i'm located on the IL,IA border. Alot of services have been slow due to the flooding. It was shipped on Tuesday so I would expect you to have it by thursday or friday at the LATEST.

Well I guess if you claim that everything was in working order when you shipped it and your telling the truth, and I know that I did nothing of fault, then I will be taking the pictures and shipping information I received to UPS. Feel free to close this topic mods since nothing further will be accomplished here.

Archived