Pod Your Reef

May 2008 - Tashayar

Christopher Marks

Christopher Marks

May's featured reef profile is our member Tashayar and her 10 gallon nano reef!

featuredreef.jpg

Click the picture above to check out her reef profile! You can find Tashayar's tank journal here in our Members Aquariums forum. Feel free to post any comments or questions you may have for Tashayar, and she'll try her best to answer them.

Orange Crush

omgomgomg I didn't know Tasha was getting May. I should like read a bit closer I guess :unsure:

Congrats! V. nice tank.

I'm an old "softy" for softies! You gotta love 'em! Great tank and the colors really stand out! Congratulations

Tasha,

I've always loved your tank, but even more so having read your write-up! Nicely done! It was such fun to actually see a pic of the "crab-that-started-it-all"--that is such a great story in and of itself. All the pics are lovely--esp. nice to see the "thru-the-years" fts's.

I identified so much with your approach. I, too, toughed out a GHA outbreak...a time when some throw in the towel and tear down their tanks...

Your tank will always be an inspiration, and I can't wait to see the new one!

--Diane

BustytheSnowMaam

Thank you everyone! You are all so great and it means a lot to me!

I still look in the tank and see new things every day, even 6 years later.

I just love the 'grown in' look of your nano. Have you harvested/'fragged' your mushrooms at all? How fast have they reproduced?

I don't try to "frag" them, they just grow like mad on their own. I'm not really sure how it happens, but I find tiny ones about the size of a pencil tip all the time in my substrate. I can also run my hand along the rock and a few will fall into my hand. I usually give them away, there are many, many people on this site who have "babies" from my tank (I am presently not giving any away right now though and my PM box is full, so no PMs pleez!).

Diane, my new 30 will be a Carib-species only tank, my LR and sand all came from Sea Life. I'll try to get a tank thread for that going soon. :)

Thanks again for all the nice compliments.

BustytheSnowMaam
Awesome Tank, congrats!

Brett Favre would be proud

Ha ha, yep, lots of green and yellow! :)

aquascaper08

That is a beautiful tank! I am new to the hobby and your tank gives me hope that I can be sucessful raising a reef. Again thanks for the pics and congrats!! :)

Archived