Pod Your Reef

AngeloS' RSM

AngeloS

thank you.

While I am sitting here staring at my tank, the white w\ pink tip Hatian Anenome released it self and started attacking other corals. It got his tenticales around the finger leather. The leather shriveled up. It has been about 45 minutes and he seems to be fine.

I have heard bad things about that anenome after I bought it. I got it for like 16 bucks. I pulled it out of my tank for now. Any advice?

They move alot and are a pain in the ass! Mine ended up in my koralia and nuked my tank. I could not get the hair and other algae under control because the whole tank was full of anemone bits!

Bt the way the tanks looks nice!

hooligan_78
the RBTA is my favorite peice in my tank. Do I have to worry as much about that one as the pink tip?

No, not really! Even when mine split, the clone didn't really go far. They don't seem to be as aggressive as the Haitian nems.

• 8 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I havent posted in here in a long time so I figured I would start again. Pictures to come soon.

I have recently added a JBJ 1/10 hp Chiller. I connected it using the accessory kit from RSM. The peice is nicely designed with small carve outs to allow wires to pass for pumps and such. I used a MJ1200 to pump the water to the chiller and have the return hose dumping the water back into the heater chamber. Being that I use the the Tunze 9002 Skimmer and StevieT's Media Rack, the pump would not fit between the heater chamber and the skimmer. I have the pump sitting under the skimmer. It is all working out very nicely. The Chiller is VERY quiet. I do not even hear it kick on and off. The Tank now satys between 77-78 degrees. I also purchased the cabinet Ventilation kit from RSM so I could keep the chiller in my stand. The fan is nicely designed but it is a little noisy. If my apartment is very quiet, you can clearly hear the fan. Once the TV is on even at a low volume, the noise disappears. I think this keeps the chiller ventilated enough. When I am not home I keep the cabinet door open for more ventilation. I have my tank in my Living Room next to my TV so having a chiller out in the open is an eye soar.

I just added a red lip blenny and a spotted manderin about two weeks ago and they are loving life. The Manderin is still not taking to prepared food but he seems plumpy and healthy.

Has anyone thought of using the chamber of death as a fuge?

Thanks for reading. Pics to come

some pics of the tank. I am working on placing things properly and fraging some coral that are growing out of control. I want to add some coral to fill some of the gaps. I had to address my temp problem first. Now that I have the chiller I should be good to add. I am thinking some zoa's and ricordia's, birds nest and other hard corals. Any suggestions?

IMG_2955.jpg

IMG_2957.jpg

IMG_2960.jpg

IMG_2844.jpg

IMG_2842.jpg

IMG_2850.jpg

inside cabinet

IMG_2963.jpg

ventilation kit mounted inside cabinet

IMG_2964.jpg

veiw into rear chamber. Ceck out the accessory kit from RSM

IMG_2965.jpg

behind the tank

IMG_2966.jpg

IMG_2967.jpg

ddelallata

The accessory kit is well worth the money. I'm using one to connect to my canister filter this weekend.

veiw from my couch

IMG_2959.jpg

are you using the canister filter for mechanical filtration or try to use it as a fuge?

ddelallata
veiw from my couch

IMG_2959.jpg

are you using the canister filter for mechanical filtration or try to use it as a fuge?

I'm using it for mechanical filtration. I got tired of having to take out the filter floss every two days from a media rack on chamber # 1, so I just decided to go with a canister filter from JBJ.

You've probably noticed that maintaining a constant water level in the other chambers requires very clean filter media in the first chamber. Without anything in there to clog up, the water just pours in and is then filtered by the canister filter.

I'm running course sponge, fine filter media, a bag of chemipure elite, purigen, and SeaChem Matrix to trap nitrtates in the canister filter. everything is doing great and the fine filter media is changed out once a month.

Very nice setup. I am not sure which I would stare at more while on the couch, a good HD movie or the tank? Do I see a set of Definitive Technology speakers?

You have a really nice tank setup. How long have you had your tank up and running? Also, I was wondering what is the name of the nice looking sea fan you have in the bottom right of your tank? Looks like a Blueberry Sean fan but I'm not too sure. Cheers

Very nice setup. I am not sure which I would stare at more while on the couch, a good HD movie or the tank? Do I see a set of Definitive Technology speakers?

Thank You! Yes, you do see Def Tech's. The sound great for such small speakers. Once I sell my condo and buy a house the center and fronts will be upgraded. I am dieing for floor standing towers but useless in an apartment where I really cant crank them.

You have a really nice tank setup. How long have you had your tank up and running? Also, I was wondering what is the name of the nice looking sea fan you have in the bottom right of your tank? Looks like a Blueberry Sean fan but I'm not too sure. Cheers

Thank You. The tank is about 2 years old. I actually do not know the name of most of my coral. My memory is terrible like that. Sorry

Thank You! Yes, you do see Def Tech's. The sound great for such small speakers. Once I sell my condo and buy a house the center and fronts will be upgraded. I am dieing for floor standing towers but useless in an apartment where I really cant crank them.

Ha! I am downgrading my CLR 2000 and BP30's to something smaller in the Mythos line. While they do sound nice, their shear size detracts from the room.

Archived