Pod Your Reef

24 Gallon Reef Competition!

Ocho Cinco

I was chatting with some other Nono-Reefers and they thought it sounded like a good idea. On this thread I want to find out how many people would be interested. We wanted to have tanks catagorized by lighting and possible age. An older tank usually will look nicer then a newer tank. And those just starting up will have a chance to will their "class". You can post 1 FTS and 3 "other" pics of your tank. Let me know if you have any ideas and i want to know what might be interested. Oh yeah, it's just for fun and bragging rights!!! :D

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sweet! I'm not sure how the polls work but I'd like to have "classes" so each person can vote once in that class.

Oh. I was just looking at doing polls and you can have multiple catagories. NICE!!!

Nick's Reef
Sweet! I'm not sure how the polls work but I'd like to have "classes" so each person can vote once in that class.

Oh. I was just looking at doing polls and you can have multiple catagories. NICE!!!

yeah i just checked that out too, I think just do it by tank age and forget the whole lighting idea, because you can only have three categories.

Yeah I think I'll go by age. Like 0-1 year, 1-2 years and 2+ Years. Or like 0-2, 2-4 and 4+? Well I guess I have to see how many entries I get.

That's what I really want to do. If we don't get enough people who want in we might have to accept the 12's.

The more the merrier. So I don't have a problem with other 24's. A 24 is a 24. This is goning to be a group decision though.

Nick's Reef
That's what I really want to do. If we don't get enough people who want in we might have to accept the 12's.

The more the merrier. So I don't have a problem with other 24's. A 24 is a 24. This is goning to be a group decision though.

Sounds good, how about any 24gal. aio?

Nick's Reef

Well ocho it seems that we've got 4 people wanting in including use so at least we're no going against only eachother! :D

TheUnfocusedOne

well technically a 12g is 1/2 a 24g ap

so it still counts!

so there!

all you have to do it post every pic twice and things will work fine, just fine

sounds fun. Definately think it should be 0-1yr for the first class. there is a huge difference between 1-2 years of growth.

Sure i'm in for the 0-1yr or less class being that I'm less than a month old. A year is a big time frame, but i'll give it a shot. However, is it over a period of a few weeks or something, or just where we are at now? Lol, then it might be a bit of a stretch for me.

how are you going to set up the voting

There will be a different category for each age. Most likely 0-1, 1-2, 2+.

I'll Prob wait a week to see how many people want in, then create the actual voting thread. Oh yeah, voting might be in like 2 weeks??? So everyone keep their eyes on this one until I start the actual "posting" thread.

Nick's Reef
As of now, no. It kinda all depends if we get enough 24's.

ok because a few posts ago it sounded like you were and i was going to tell you to change the title. But it looks like we'll get enough 24's so we shouldn't have to worry. :D

Archived