Cultivated Reef

Mighty Mite RO/DI, Are they any good?

Weetabix7

I've been doing some serious shopping for an RO/DI filter and wondered if anyone has had any experience or feedback they can offer for the Mighty Mite RO/DI filter. Here's a link:

http://www.airwaterice.com/c=UB2f9wIooThJp...h_DI_Added.html

This unit looks like it would work really well for me because of the fact that it uses a faucet diverter and is very portable without needing to actually be plumbed in. However, I really don't want to sacrifice quality for convenience.

The other unit I've been looking at is from that guy filterdirect that everyone recommends on eBay. It looks really good, but would require being plumbed in, which is kind of a big issue for me since my husband and I don't have the skills to do it, we can't really afford to pay a plumber to do it, and everyone I know that could do it for me would take a couple of months to get around to it.

Here's a link to the filterdirect RO/DI:

http://cgi.ebay.com/WaterGeneral-RO-DI-2OU...1QQcmdZViewItem

And and all feedback would be GREATLY appreciated, thanks!!!! :flower::flower::flower:

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have the Mighty Mite unit and love it. It's really easy and fast to set up from the faucet. 0 TDS. My water quality has been very good and stable, and I do credit this filter with a lot of it. I actually stand mine up in the sink in order for the water to flow across the entire DI membrane. For the price, I recommend it.

I have the Mighty Mite unit and love it. It's really easy and fast to set up from the faucet. 0 TDS. My water quality has been very good and stable, and I do credit this filter with a lot of it. I actually stand mine up in the sink in order for the water to flow across the entire DI membrane. For the price, I recommend it.

Thanks for your input.

Is it awkward to stand it up in the sink like that?

Do you happen to know how bad your tap water is? For instance, do you know what it's TDS is before it goes through the filter?

I have the mighty mite unit, and it works great.

Its easy to connect and disconnect if you don't want to do any plumbing.

And yeah, it produce 0 tds water in a city like los angeles were its like 150+.

Or if you want you could send them a water sample, and they could advice you on what would work best for you.

Some club members have the Mighty Might and really like it. I have the Typhoon III with TDS3 hand held meter and cant say enough good things about it and the company. Their units are ready to go out of the box. screw in the faucet adapter, cut and attach the hose and you are making water immediately. Plus the warranty and support are great.

HecticDialectics
Some club members have the Mighty Might and really like it. I have the Typhoon III with TDS3 hand held meter and cant say enough good things about it and the company. Their units are ready to go out of the box. screw in the faucet adapter, cut and attach the hose and you are making water immediately. Plus the warranty and support are great.

+1...

I use the Typhoon III, and I use the faucet adapter with a lever that turns it from "regular faucet" to "spigot" mode. It's an adapter option on their website when you order it. I leave my typhoon III under the sink, and just whip it out and set it next to the sink when I want water, stick the input line on the spigot, flip the lever, stick the wastewater line in the sink, stick the pure water line in a bucket, and turn on the faucet..

Weetie, I have the filterdirect unit This One and didn't do any plumbing. You can get a faucet adapter. I use a hose bib adapter.

Thanks Scott.

Where ya been lately, I haven't seen you around much???

Not sure but looks like the mighty might is 3 stage while the typhoon is 5.

The Mighty Mite I have is 4 stage.

Weetie, I'm not sure what my TDS was before, but I have a well with hard water. I need a pretty extensive water softening system so me, my family, and all our things don't smell like iron. The Mighty Mite takes some positioning to stand up in the sink, but it does.

I have the Mighty Mite RO/DI unit and I absolutely love it. I live in an apartment and it is perfect because I can put it away when I'm not using it and it is easy to hook up with the included faucet adapter. My TDS was like 280 or something before, and now it is at 0. I have an AP12 and it is perfect. If you need more than a few gallons within a few hours though, you may need a unit that produces more gpd. What I do is keep a 10g aquarium and on a day that I'm just watching tv for a while I let it fill up and store it until I need it....so I always have a reserve of water to go if I need it.

The Typhoon just has more filtration stages, mine has a pressure gage, dual in line TDS meter and a RO only outlet also. We have really good water here. 32 TDS out of the faucet so I didnt really need all the filtration but I had a gift certificate so I went ahead and got it.

Scott Riemer
Thanks Scott.

Where ya been lately, I haven't seen you around much???

I drop in from time to time. Haven't been posting much. I'm taking a couple of classes right now that have been eating up my N-R time.

If you have any questions, shoot me a PM in case I don't see them posted right away.

Okay, I'm getting ready to order a Mighty Mite, it looks like it would work the best for me, but I have one question.

Do you guys all have to get a special kit to flush the units, or is it something they all come with?

Halp, I'm a RO/DI n00b!!! :P

Okay, I'm getting ready to order a Mighty Mite, it looks like it would work the best for me, but I have one question.

Do you guys all have to get a special kit to flush the units, or is it something they all come with?

Halp, I'm a RO/DI n00b!!! :P

Honestly, I don't really know anything about flushing the units. I don't think it comes with anything for it, or at least I'm not aware of it on mine if it does. Does flushing just pro-long the life of the membranes? If that's the case, then I'm not sure I would even really worry about it for my use (which is about 6-7 gallons per week). I just figure that when my TDS begins to read above 0, I'll just replace all of the filters. As I said though, I don't know much about flushing...so someone else may have better advice.

I ordered the Mighty Mite and according to tracking, it's supposed to arrive today!!!

I will try to remember to post a review of it on here after I've used it for a short while.

I ordered the Mighty Mite and according to tracking, it's supposed to arrive today!!!

I will try to remember to post a review of it on here after I've used it for a short while.

I just ordered the WaterGeneral from eBay (from filterdirect.) It hasn't shipped yet, but when I get it in, we'll have to compare notes. The WaterGeneral includes a pressure gage and I also added the TDS meter to monitor incoming/outgoing water quality.

-hank

I just ordered the WaterGeneral from eBay (from filterdirect.) It hasn't shipped yet, but when I get it in, we'll have to compare notes. The WaterGeneral includes a pressure gage and I also added the TDS meter to monitor incoming/outgoing water quality.

-hank

I ordered the same thing from filterdirect. Tossed in the TDS metter and float valve. I'm waiting for the invoice so they can combine shipping.

• 4 weeks later...

Just thought I'd add an update on here for those who might be doing some RO/DI shopping.

I have been very happy with my Mighty Mite, and have no complaints at all.

I attached mine to the kitchen faucet with a faucet adaptor.

Here's how it looks when I'm making water:

IMG_0725.jpg

When I'm not using it, I just lay it flat in the right hand sink and put a cutting board over that side of the sink. I've always kept a cutting board over that side anyway, so it doesn't hamper my personal sinkly operation any. :D

IMG_0724.jpg

Sexy Shrimp

Mine is still good too! Thanx again Weetie!

PS did you notice I requested to be able to enter the competition and if I won the prize go to you? ;) I hope I win lol

Mine is still good too! Thanx again Weetie!

PS did you notice I requested to be able to enter the competition and if I won the prize go to you? ;) I hope I win lol

You're a sweetie, thank you!!! :flower:

Archived