Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Aaron's NEW tank... 3g to 5.5g...

SF2K4

Ok, so, I used to rock a TOM Deco 3 with a Dual Satellite light... but the acrylic scratches to easily so, thanks to Sandeep, I went out and bought a 5.5 AGA tank and have been getting it ready to be my new tank.

No pics as of yet, but here's what is done (I'll have pics tomorrow once I finish assembling the new tank):

5.5 AGA

False Wall/Divider (.093" acryllic sheets from Home Depot)

Maxi-Jet 400

Current Dual Satellite 36W

Custom cut glass top

Moving what little I have from my 3g over :P Should have everything done by the end of the week. Keeping all the acryllic and glass clear and UNpainted as I kind of like being able to see not only the reef and how it works but the tank and how IT works (must be the engineer insde me).

Pics to come!

Looking great Aaron, I like the landscaping, it's nicely scaled without looking too crowded. Keep us posted as it develops. I'll link to it from my thread so that folks have a reference.

So the stocking list now is:

3 Astraea snails

3 Nassarius snails

1 Turbo snail (fuge)

1 Cerith snail

1 Emerald crab

1 Blue-legged hermit

1 Scarlet hermit

1 brown/orange zoa frag

1 GSP frag

What I'd like to add this weekend (What y'all think?):

4 Cerith snails (total of 3 in display, 2 in fuge)

1 Skunk cleaner shrimp

1 Mushroom frag

1 Ric frag

Thinking about getting a Frogspawn at some point... good idea? Also, what fish does everyone think I should get? I was looking at either a Trimma goby or a hi-fin goby.

Isn't it a little early to be adding anything?

Everything was moved over from my 3g that had been set up for 5-6 months. :)

Do you have a pic from the side of your baffle setup? And are you planning on paining the false wall?

Nope, but I'll get you one. :) And no, I plan on keeping the whole tank clear... that way you can either look at just the display (for the fish-lover view) or the whole tank and how it works (for my engineering major view :P).

Ok, so, time to help Aaron pick the fish that will end up in the tank in a few weeks. :lol:

I'm looking at the following:

p_71393.jpg

Blue Neon Goby (Elacatinus oceanops)

p_90164.jpg

Yellow Clown Goby (Gobiodon okinawae)

pw71094citrin_clown.jpg

Citron Clown Goby (Gobiodon citrinus)

p_89414.jpg

Red Striped Goby (Trimma Cana)

p_80357.jpg

Trimma Goby (Trimma sp.)

p_70938.jpg

Hi Fin Red Banded Goby (Stonogobiops nematodes)

BKtomodachi

I don't have any experience with the red-striped or trimma, but the rest are excellent choices. :)

I like clown's personalities, but the Hi-Fin looks fantastic.

Archived