inTank Media Baskets

Weetie's Aquatic Ramblings & Lounge

Weetabix7

I've finally gotten my act together enough to get started on my 16g display tank.

Here's some info on it:

TANK

16g acrylic custom purchased from acrylicman on ebay.

Measures 15 x 15 x 16 and has a false back wall with overflow and built-in sump/refugium in the back.

I haven't added the dividers to make it into a refugium yet, but plan to at some point.

LIGHTING

I currently have a 2 x 40w PC fixture on there, but plan on putting my 150w MH w/14k Phoenix bulb over it after the Mid TN Frag Swap on 1/19.

OTHER EQUIPMENT

MJ900 in back compartment returning water into display through two locline arms

Koralia 1 in display for added circulation

75w Stealth heater

LIVE ROCK

Approx 12-15 lbs. well aged rock.

The 8 lb. main monster piece is a gorgeous piece of LR that I traded pudge1515 for. I've had it for about 7 months.

The remaining rock is Marshall Island rock from Premium Aquatics that I've had for about 1 1/2 yrs.

LIVE SAND

None, I'm going barebottom on this.

This is due to the fact that one of my bad reefing habits is that I'm not very good at keeping up with vacuuming sand. I'm good at removing detritus in BB tanks however, so this seemed the logical way to go.

FISHIES

None yet.

I'm planning on adding a pair of Green-Banded Gobies and one other fish.

I've been considering a Blackcap Basslet or one of the cooler wrasses. I'm open to suggestion on this.

CLEAN-UP CREW

Asst. snails including some of the self-propagating ones from tashayar.

No hermits cause I don't like 'em. They're always knocking corals over and irritating them, troublemakers.

CURRENT CORALS

Blue mushrooms from tashayar

Monster Chameleon Mushroom (rhodactis, I believe) with 1 or 2 babies

1 Superman Mushroom

1 Green Hairy Mushroom, may be sold or traded, not sure yet

Green Striped "Rainbow" Mushroom with a couple small babies

Slightly faded Candy Apple Pink zoas, may be sold or traded

Small frag of Fire & Ice zoas, not sure if I'm keeping or propping

Small frag of starburst yellow/gold zoas that are morphing into pink

Beautiful showpiece colony of Blowpop zoas

Kermit zoas growing on LR

Blasto merletti from mvite

Kenya Tree

Encrusting Green Gorgonian

Small amt xenia, more to be added

Red Lobo brain, to be sold or traded

Sm. 1 head Purple Torch frag

Sm. 2 head Green Hammer/Torch frag from ebin

Sm. Pink and Green Frogspawn frag

CORALS TO BE ADDED

Holy Moly, there's a lot! These are all currently in my prop tank.

Red Mushroom w/a couple babies

Pink yuma from dshnarw

Blue ric

Nuclear Green Palys from BibleSue/MarvinsReef

BibleSue's Blueberry Smoothie zoas, with cool red macro growing on the frag

Cool-shaped Fire & Ice colony from tashayar

Watermelon zoas

Pink zoas from DeMartini

Pink zoas w/black circle from BibleSue

Purple/Pink zoas from BibleSue

Northern Lights Palys from BibleSue/Zoanuts

EvilMel's Green Skirts zoas

Bam-Bam's zoas from cee

Orange/yellow zoas from BibleSue/Caesar777

Armageddon/Devil's Armor zoas (not sure which) from cee

Eagle Eye zoas from ezcompany

Hydnophora

Green Pavona from SPerry

Christmas Favia from Sperry

Super Cool Clove polyps from Caesar777

Orange Monti Cap from ebin

Blue Polyp Purple Monti Cap

Purple Monti Digi from nano-paul

Whew, I think that's it! I plan to add more Monti Caps and encrusting Monti's but don't know for sure which ones yet. I also plan on adding other SPS at the top of the rockwork as I become more certain of the tank's stability.

I have a couple of pieces of cool red macro that I plan on encouraging to attach and grow in the crevices of the main centerpiece of LR.

I've got it set up so that it is viewable from 3 sides with corals wrapping around all 3 sides of the display.

Mushrooms, yuma's and rics will be on the bottom left side of the display. Zoas will cover the rockwork on the right side. SPS will be on the top portions of the rockwork around all three sides.

There will other miscellaneous corals in the front and pretty much here and there all over.

Here's a couple of frontal FTS:

DSCF3555.jpg

DSCF3570.jpg

Below are a couple of shots of the left side of the tank. The bottom to middle of this side will be the mushie, yuma, ric section.

DSCF3568.jpg

DSCF3569.jpg

The right side still has too much coralline on it to get a clear shot, but I don't really have much corals on that side yet either.

Let me know what you guys think!

Edited by Weetabix7

I'm likin it, looks good.

CURRENT CORALS

Blue mushrooms from tashayar

Monster Chameleon Mushroom (rhodactis, I believe) with 1 or 2 babies

1 Superman Mushroom

1 Green Hairy Mushroom, may be sold or traded, not sure yet

Green Striped "Rainbow" Mushroom with a couple small babies

Slightly faded Candy Apple Pink zoas, may be sold or traded

Small frag of Fire & Ice zoas, not sure if I'm keeping or propping

Small frag of starburst yellow/gold zoas that are morphing into pink

Beautiful showpiece colony of Blowpop zoas

Kermit zoas growing on LR

Blasto merletti from mvite

Kenya Tree

Encrusting Green Gorgonian

Small amt xenia, more to be added

Red Lobo brain, to be sold or traded

Sm. 1 head Purple Torch frag

Sm. 2 head Green Hammer/Torch frag from ebin

Sm. Pink and Green Frogspawn frag

CORALS TO BE ADDED

Holy Moly, there's a lot! These are all currently in my prop tank.

Red Mushroom w/a couple babies

Pink yuma from dshnarw

Blue ric

Nuclear Green Palys from BibleSue/MarvinsReef

BibleSue's Blueberry Smoothie zoas, with cool red macro growing on the frag

Cool-shaped Fire & Ice colony from tashayar

Watermelon zoas

Pink zoas from DeMartini

Pink zoas w/black circle from BibleSue

Purple/Pink zoas from BibleSue

Northern Lights Palys from BibleSue/Zoanuts

EvilMel's Green Skirts zoas

Bam-Bam's zoas from cee

Orange/yellow zoas from BibleSue/Caesar777

Armageddon/Devil's Armor zoas (not sure which) from cee

Eagle Eye zoas from ezcompany

Hydnophora

Green Pavona from SPerry

Christmas Favia from Sperry

Super Cool Clove polyps from Caesar777

Orange Monti Cap from ebin

Blue Polyp Purple Monti Cap

Purple Monti Digi from nano-paul

Me thinks you are gonna need a bigger tank. :D

I like it. Definitely looks good. How the heck are you going to fit all of those corals in there???

That's what I'm trying to figure out!!! :blink:

It will definitely be a challenge, and I am already compiling a list of things that I'll probably be selling to make room.

BustytheSnowMaam

Looks great! The big crab that got me started in this hobby used to live in that mushroom shell, it brings a tear of nostalgia in my eye to see it in your tank!

Whats up there in the fuge thing? cheato and... Mushrooms??

It's a temporary thing and won't be there long.

It's a little bit of chaeto, the 2 red macro pieces I'll wedge into crevices in the LR, and some mushrooms and encrusting green gorgonian frags that I haven't mounted yet. Since they're loose, I needed a place to keep them til I sell them, trade them, or take them to the upcoming frag swap on the 19th.

Looks great! The big crab that got me started in this hobby used to live in that mushroom shell, it brings a tear of nostalgia in my eye to see it in your tank!

That's the original hermie's shell?

That's awesome!

HBD to your tank, tasha!

Cuervo, I've had the 150 MH over this tank before, and it looks awesome, it brings the colors out so much better than the current fixture!

Edited by Weetabix7
BustytheSnowMaam
That's the original hermie's shell?

That's awesome!

HBD to your tank, tasha!

No- not the zebra hermit- I had a striped brown hermit at the very beginning. My husband's boss went to FL and came back with shells for us. One of the shells had a crab in it. I couldn't let it die, so I mixed up some IO and put it in one of those 2-gallon all-in-one tanks. When we moved to WI I finally set up my 10 gallon. It shed its skin many times and became huge, knocked-over a lot of corals in that shell :). He died about 2 years ago.

I think it's so cool you have so many different corals from so many people here in your tank. Truly a "nano" of NR.com.

I think it's so cool you have so many different corals from so many people here in your tank. Truly a "nano" of NR.com.

I know, I love that too!

I was afraid that putting everyone's names next to the corals might be too much text or too confusing to read, but I really wanted to show all of the NR members who had a part in this tank.

nUgZ, this tank is gonna be chock full in just one month, did you see the list of what I'm still gonna be adding from the prop tank??!! At that point the only changes after that will be grow out and encrusting of corals over the aquascape, and the addition of fish.

It's gonna be interesting though, I've never tried anything quite like this before.

You got me inspired the other day. I have moved some of the zoos from my prop tank to my personal tank & mounted them on the rock below the bubble. I have neglected adding to that tank for too long. :lol:

Edited by BibleSue
You got me inspired the other day. I have moved some of the zoos from my prop tank to my personal tank & mounted them on the rock below the bubble. I have neglected adding to that tank for too long. :lol:

Time for you to post on YOUR tank thread with PICS, PICS, PICS!!!

I just finished trying to scrape the coralline off the right wall of the tank, and my fingers may not uncramp til morning. There is some serious coralline on there, I think I need a reef-safe coralline solvent!

Edited by Weetabix7

Great start! I hope my coral list is as extensive as yours someday. It will definitely be kewl looking when it's crammed full. I love watching corals grow and fill out spaces and mix in with one another. Should be very kewl with the number of corals you'll have in there. Lots of things to watch interact.

Bill

Time for you to post on YOUR tank thread with PICS, PICS, PICS!!!

I just finished trying to scrape the coralline off the right wall of the tank, and my fingers may not uncramp til morning. There is some serious coralline on there, I think I need a reef-safe coralline solvent!

I plan on getting some pictures after church tomorrow (Oops! today!) since I mounted stuff after the lights were out. I'll have to start a thread on the Prop Kitchen re-model soon, too! HGNRTV :lol:

Just to let you know I'm tagging along, Weetie!

So far, so wonderful!

BibleSue has a tank thread? You two really need to put links in your sigs!

--Diane

OK, OK,....yes 'He Lives!' or rather, 'I' live.....of course 'He' lives, 'He' has always been, and always will be.

Glad to see you get this thing up and going. I've seen it for over a year now, waiting and waiting. Of course I'm not one to talk, my AP24 still sits here empty, in fact it's a year old now.

I'll have to come check it out, in person.