ReefCleaners.org

DT's NC6

dtfleming

So I merged my 2.5 gal and 4gal pico into a NC6 today. What a PITA it was.

NC6 with hood removed

mj 606 pump

12" Current Satellite 18W-soon to be 36W

50W heater

Tunze 5025 ph

About 9lb LR

6lb LS

Chamber 1 fuge and filter floss, chamber 2-carbon, etc, chamber 3-return pump and heater

1 sexy shrimp, 1 CBS

various snails

zoas, rics, mushrooms, daisy polyps, trumpet coral, clove polyps, xenia, nepthia.

Sad to take down my 2.5 its was my best tank, but four tanks was too much so now Im down to three.

Bad picture, still sandy

Picture443.jpg

Picture444.jpg

I'll be following this one along. My wife just got her NC6 last night and we ran it over night to check for water leaks. Plan on adding Live Sand and Rock tonight then starting the CYCLE!

When the water clears can you post another pic? I would like to see where the Tunze ph is at and how it looks. Was thinking of upgrading the pump like you did but maybe even adding a Koralia Nano (I have 3 in other tanks).

Keep up the good work ad keep us posted.

Allen :)

Yea, I have koralia in all my other tanks, I had the tunze in my 4gal so I added it. I put it just below the overflow into the first chamber. When it clears you'll see you I have the Y return also to help with the flow.

Thanks for the update. Do you think the Koralia Nano would fit and look ok?

With this small of a tank you may want to invest in a different magnet. I was looking at the one that comes with the tank and it's HUGE in relation to the tank itself.

Take a look here

http://www.nimblenano.com/

That's where I get all of my magnets from (tiny up to a HUGE one he's prototyping now). and the price isn't bad at all.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I got two of those GBG from a LFS but brought them home at seperate times.....eventually they found each other and now are inseparable!!

Mine cruise in/out the rocks throughout the day.

• 3 months later...

dtfleming,

What was involved with splitting your pump output to the dual duckbills? Also, what is the rating on the extra powerhead you have by the intake? I was thinking of increasing my flow a little bit by trying a setup like that with a Koralia Nano on the intake side and was wondering if it would be too much current. I already upgraded the stock pump to a MJ606

It was a Tunze mini, adjustable flow. AS far as the duckbill's they were on the tank when I got used from someone else.

• 1 month later...

Archived