Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

20L Mixed Reef w/T-5's

SaltyVT

Well I have decided to combine both my tanks into one larger tank. It was a hard decision to make but I feel that it will be cheaper, or at least thats the excuse I made up........As far as tanks I have had a tough time deciding. I recently picked up a 16 Bow for 5 bux at the LFS. Although I liked the tank it seemed to be too high and the depth too shallow for my taste. I was going to go with a 20 but finally decided that the 20L would be perfect!!!! Now that I have the tank picked out I need to get better lighting. One of my tanks has T5s and the other MH. I do like the shimmery effect of Mh, but I am going with the T5 to same some moola on the electric bill. So I have purchased a 24" Tek T5 HO 4x24 unit. I went with 2 aquablue, 1 actinic plus, and 1 true actinic. Next issue is the Filter. I do have a aquaclear 50, but really want to go with a separate fuge tank. I have multiple 2.5 tanks, lights, and pumps, so next I need to rig some thing up, Suggestions would help! So I need to take a bunch of pics of my tanks before the break down. Thanks for looking heres some pics.....

P1020459.jpg

P1020453.jpg

P1020450.jpg

P1020460.jpg

P1020455.jpg

P1020458.jpg

P1020454.jpg

P1020452.jpg

P1020451.jpg

P1020449.jpg

P1020447.jpg

P1020448.jpg

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would love a 40 breeder but only have the space for the 20L. I actually just bought that rock with the monti on it, has both brown, and orange monti, a couple of mini carpets, watermelon shroom, some othe type of coral, all for thirty bux!! The kid was breaking down his 120 he had for 3 years, you should have seen the other pieces I could have bought if I had the space at the time!!!

So on my quest to figure out my filter situation I came across my old over flow box from my 55. Its hard to decide whether it is too big to use. It hard to decide whether to go with a aquaclear 110 for a fuge or a 5.5 with an overflow box? I'll snap a picture you help me..........

looks awesome!!! I definitely see the appeal of the long tanks. If we ever move to a bigger house I think I will be setting one up. although......with the 2 tanks I have right now I could probablt fit a long one in there...............hmmmmmmm??

Great tank!

the rock with the plates on it. PERFECT. i wish i had it. so much you could do with just that one rock its amazing! im in the proccess of getting my 20 long rollin, but with baby on the way next month my budget is non existant.

keep up the good work bro!!

more pics!!!

Thanks to all, I got a bundle of joy on the way soon too, I opted for the cheaper then two tank, and it worked!!!!! I have the new light coming tomorrow so I will post more pics. I thinking of not doing the over flow, It seems to take up too much space. I had modified the box that hangs on the out side. The 1" hole I hooked up a ball joint to plug it up, I added live rock a mini jet 900 and chaeto, building a small filter of my own. I need to modify the overflow box to make it work. i snap so photos of it tomorrow along with the light and clean tank!!!!!

Man those lights kick ass!!! I went with actinic plus in the rear, Aquablue, aquablue, and true actinic up front, things have really opened since putting the lights on. One thing down more to come............... :ninja:

P1020478.jpg

P1020477.jpg

P1020476.jpg

P1020474.jpg

(i have since lowered the lights down a couple inches....)

Looking pretty sweet!!! I like that light fixture, that is pretty awesome. The clams and high light critters are all doing well without the MH?

I'm contemplating starting a 40 long because I really like the long tanks as well!

Who wants PS2 anyway, Ps3 now we are talkin!! thanks, having issues with small bubbles coming from some where???? My Bio8 had the same problem, eventually they went away, just needs to break in the tank and pump i guess!

Agreed these lights are very bright, so much more then my old 70w Metal halide. So far everything it adjusting well, I have found my perfect flow finally, I ended up taking out the Aquaclear 50 and put in a maxi jet 900, it takes up less space and has a tad bit less space. My plan is to get a maxi jet 600 and a wave timer to mix up the currents more. Looking to also add another fish to accompany Sushi. More pics to come...........I have moved around more corals.

Archived