inTank Media Baskets

what the heck

usmarinekurt

turned on my light and in the chaeto ball was l little whitish round creature with 6 legs- removed it ,pictures did not come out

supreme_spork
turned on my light and in the chaeto ball was l little whitish round creature with 6 legs- removed it ,pictures did not come out

why did you remove it?

Can't be sure without a pic, but it sounds kinda like an aceteminophor.

Mvite and Clifford513 seem to be very knowledgeable about these, you should check with them.

Can't be sure without a pic, but it sounds kinda like an aceteminophor.

Mvite and Clifford513 seem to be very knowledgeable about these, you should check with them.

I would have to have it for a positive id. Examination of skeletal formation is required for positive id though a rather reliable result can be concluded by counting the number of toes on each leg and the number of rings on each toe.

toes? well is it harmful? If I see something weird do I leave it alone-now i wish I had it looked to be munching on the chaeto ball

supreme_spork
toes? well is it harmful? If I see something weird do I leave it alone-now i wish I had it looked to be munching on the chaeto ball

i always try to get an ID before yanking something out -- there are a ton of really interesting and harmless critters in these tanks that contribute to the overall biodiversity. and if it's in your 'fuge it's reasonable to let a lot of things hang-out back there...

• 3 months later...

LOL, i did the same thing when i found my first spaghetti worm, removed it, but i put it in a clear jar with tank water and took pics and posted here and then of course put back in tank once ID'd ...LOL

Archived