Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Overflowin to nowhere

der1311

I ripped my 5.5g down and constructed this dealymobob.

The canopy is just a cut in half piece from my old 29g. Under the hood is a 70watt MH 14K aqua lux with 36watts of pc(soon to be actinic).

Soon I will add an ATO system and an Aqua C remora skimmer.

heres some pics

flash

DSCN0968.jpg

no flash

DSCN0970.jpg

DSCN0971.jpg

dendro I'm tryin to grow

DSCN0977.jpg

thanks for looking, any advice is welcome!

If the overflows dont work, why dont you make them into a fuge and throw a small pump in both of them to return the water back to the tank?

If the overflows dont work, why dont you make them into a fuge and throw a small pump in both of them to return the water back to the tank?

yes, check out the link.. thats exactly what I did. And yes those are cadycanes. I've got a bunch so If anyone needs a frag, shoot me a pm.

yes, check out the link.. thats exactly what I did. And yes those are cadycanes. I've got a bunch so If anyone needs a frag, shoot me a pm.

The link re directs you to this topic.

The link re directs you to this topic.

thanks for the heads up... give her a try now.

Also, my AC Jr. needs to be sent in to have a little work done, I don't know how long it'll be gone and not sure how I can live without it. It shall be interesting.

• 2 weeks later...

Took some more pics a few days ago. since then I've added an aquaC remora skimmer and a clown fish. My girlfriend bought it and said it was a tomato, but I'm thinking Clarkii. I'll get a pic up in a little while. Until then heres my tank with all the coral added.

FTS

FTS9-16-074.jpg

baby dendro

9-16-079.jpg

palys

9-16-078.jpg

zoas and echino

9-16-077.jpg

9-16-075.jpg

frogspawn

9-16-076.jpg

rics

9-16-073.jpg

9-16-072.jpg

9-16-07.jpg

duncan

9-16-071.jpg

should be receiving my aqualifter tomarrow so should have the ATO added hopefully by then.

• 5 months later...

any updates? hows the aqua c remora working out? mine is spitting out microbubbles, but good thing its at the back fuge area where the sponge catches all the bubbles

• 3 weeks later...

Yes I have an update. I tore the tank down because the pumps kept getting clogged behind the overflows. I still think if I used 6 inch pvc it would have worked. Now I'm waiting to get enough cash to drill it and add a sump.

I just took everything and threw it into a new 10g for the moment. I plan to return to the other tank in the future tho.

That is very similiar to my tank. I have a 29gallon with an overflow that goes nowhere. I do hide a power head behind it to return the water back to the tank. Power head attached do some 3/4 inch tubing attached to a bulkhead with lock line. Works great to hide powerheads, heaters, and also a great surface skimmer. I also put the float switches for my JBJ ATO behind it.

2088394734_5a11de02ee_b.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

got a new light today. 70W sunpod looks way nicer than my hacked together wooden hood. check it out. I'm having trouble with HA in the prop tank but I'll work on it.

sunpod1.jpg

no flash

sunpod.jpg

comments welcome and thanks again saltman123!!!!

• 4 weeks later...

got some new corals and rearranged things a little.

acans

DSCN1707.jpg

DSCN1709.jpg

DSCN1713.jpg

lobo

DSCN1728.jpg

greenest mushrooms ever

DSCN1725.jpg

the plate

DSCN1726.jpg

and new FTS

DSCN1716.jpg

I have 2 other new acans in the prop tank right now, waiting until I can find a spot to put them safely.

thanks for lookin

Wow the tank looks really good. Youre candy canes and acans are really impressive. How do u like the semi-bare bottom?

Archived