Pod Your Reef

Dagg's 20 long Journey

Deleted User 7

Deleted User 7

Alright, I've decided to start a new thread to commence the beginning of finally having my 20 long in one place for more than year (cross your fingers!). Now that I have it in a permanent place, and it is no longer a 10 gallon sitting in a dorm room closet, I've decided to do quite a bit with it. Here is a list of what I plan to do/am already in the process of getting done.....

1. Have started my build on a sump filter with a refugium. I am making this out of a 10 gallon AGA.

2. I am puting spray bars at the two ends of the tank. I have both of these hooked up to the return pump from the sump and they are connect with an SCWD wavemaker. This should be great for turbulent flow.

3. I have built up live rock in the middle of the tank. It extends out of the water a little bit and has become my "Island". This should be very cool when I put the spray bars in. It already makes some cool "waves" when the Zoomed powersweep runs across it.

4. In addition to the 130 watts of powercompact lighting I have on there I am going to add 28 additional watts of T5 lighting, possibly another 28 watts down the road.

Alright, now that the goals are stated, let me refresh you all on my tank as it is now (for those of you who hadn't seen my previous thread).

Tank: 20 long AGA

Heater: AGA (forget the wattage)

Water movement: Zoomed Powersweep, Power head from old JbJ Nano-cube 24g

Filtration: (2) Whisper 20-40 H.O.B. power filters.

Temp: 78.5-80.0

S.G.: 1.023

pH: 8.2

Liverock: 22 lbs

Who knows how many pounds of live sand are in there.

Livestock:

Maroon Clown

Six line Wrasse

Bi-color Blenny

Frogspawn with 5 heads

Large colony of Watermelon Mushrooms

Large colony of Green Dragon Eye Zoos

Large colony of Purple Zoos

Small colony of Green Dragon Eye Zoos

Three Yellow Polyps

Large recovering colony of Green Star Polyps.

I should have all the additions running by mid next week at the latest. I'll get some pics on here tonight. I'm at work and don't have access to any photos. Talk to ya seen and I'd love to hear your comments, suggestions, and critisisms on anything and everything. Start chirpin' in with some stocking ideas. I'd love to hear em'!

- Eben

Deleted User 7

Here's the photos of the work I am currently doing, the obligitory cloudy fts, and some of my inhabitants.

Here are the spray bars with the SCWD

PICT0044.jpg

Here is the sump/fuge that I'm working on. I just ordered a Coralife Superskimmer 65 that should come on Friday.

PICT0045.jpg

PICT0007.jpg

PICT0012.jpg

PICT0013.jpg

PICT0019.jpg

PICT0010.jpg

Enjoy! I'll get more photos when the skimmer is here and I do a water test with the Sump. Cross your fingers! I'm still waitin' for some input too!

- Eben

The Ultimate DanK

I really like where its going and am looking forward to seeing more pictures. I have a 20h and have sometimes wished I had gone with a 20l.

Deleted User 7

Okay! The sump/fuge is up and running! Everything is working great except the fact that I really need a better pump. My "Quite One" isn't doing so hot. How many GPH do you all recommend? I took a bunch of photos and will post them tonight. HAPPY 4TH!! Don't kill yourselves!

Deleted User 7

Alright. I added about 5 lbs. of live sand and the fiji mud to my refugium on lunch break today. I can't really post any pics because they just don't work for some reason. I'll see if I can get it workin.

I think we need more details on why your pics aren't working. Is the file size to big? Have you reached your limit on space?

Deleted User 7

Well, the first time I reached my limit on space. Then I spread it through two posts. The pictures just don't show up (i deleted the post with all of the pics that didn't work). Whatever it was adinxsq fixed it before. So, I'm waitin to get word from him.... I sent him a pm so hopefully i'll be up and running soon.

Deleted User 7

Alright. I think I figured out this picture situation.....

The whole setup.

PICT0059.jpg

The spray bars.

PICT0063.jpg

The overflow "hidden" by the rock "island".

PICT0064.jpg

The whole plumbing setup.

PICT0054.jpg

Enjoy!

Deleted User 7

Update: Like I said, I stocked the fuge. I also just added about 8 lbs of live rock to fill in the right side of the reef.... now I just need some for the other side. I promise I will post photos some time tomorrow. But for now I have a question.

I am thinking about ordering an Outer Orbit HQI 150 watt pendant. Does anyone have experience with these or have any comments or suggestions for other metal halides.

Let me know!

Thanks!

Good looking tank there. Keep the pictures coming.

I am thinking about ordering an Outer Orbit HQI 150 watt pendant. Does anyone have experience with these or have any comments or suggestions for other metal halides.

I'd look into the Current Sunpod. They make them in a 30" 150w version. I was going to go with one, until I decided to go with a PFO Mini Pendant. Would let you know about that, but waiting on my bulb and pendant to arrive.

• 3 weeks later...
firstimereefer

I'M back and loving your new tank. How big is that clown you got in there he looks HUGE. I will post some stuff about my tank because it has had its ups and downs this summer.

Archived