Innovative Marine Aquariums

How often do you clean your glass?

cdoval

Hi,

I seem to be having to clean my glass every 3 days as green slime builds up. I Use a maganetic cleaner, is this normal?

How often do you clean your glass?

Cheers,

Cdoval

travisurfer

it means your tank is getting too much direct sunlight or there are two many nutrients in the water. most likely though, its either the latter or a combo of the two. i only have to scrape my glass once a week and even then there is minimal algae growth.

every day or maybe every other day - my BC8 is worse but it does sit near a window (but the blinds are always closed)

masterbuilder

cdoval,

Sounds about right. I do mine every couple of days. I COULD and have gone a week, but it looks crappy if I do.

I clean mine about every two day, it is not so much the algae as it is the micro feather duster on the glass.

I do mine once or twice a week. The more often you do it, the easier it is to maintain. When you start stretching your time frame out it becomes a bigger chore each time you do it.

My Blenny takes care of it for me, he is never lazy and keeps his tank looking nice.

I also have a mag float and use it occassionally for the spots he misses. It grows constantly, nothing abnormal there. Pick up a Lawnmower Blenny, they are hard workers.

Whenever I need/want to take pics

+1

Mine is mostly coralline growth at this point, so the razor blade has to come out anyway. Usually once every couple of weeks.

irishtexan

I want to keep my tanks very clean so I usually just go over the glass with the mag cleaner once a day. Just easier than having it build up.

Every 2-4 days. I wonder how many and of what kind of snail(s) you would need in a 29 gallon to keep the glass clean.

I found using the mag float scares the crap outta everything in the tank, even when i go slow. I'm assuming this is normal. Anyway to do so you dont cause stress to the things in the tank?

Me clean them when taking pic or doing water change which is every 2 weeks.

I don't want to starve my snails.

Do a good once over of the glass every day or two. I found that, as said above, if I let it go for a while in my 55 it got to be more of a chore. It's nice having a smaller tank and it only taking about 30 seconds to clean :)

My tanks is almost 2 months old. I've never cleaned the inside glass. My snails do a great job. It seems like I have more stomatellas every day!

Archived