inTank Media Baskets

Aquamend How do you ?

surftaco

Use this stuff? Do you apply it to frags underwater? Or do you do it out of the water?

I have read it is Reef Safe too.

I like to apply it out of the water but I have done both with similar results. The best thing to do is mend the two parts then let it sit for a bit to start it's cure. After it warms up and starts to get tacky, it is ready to apply. This just makes it more sticky and easier to get the result you are demanding.

I like to apply it out of the water but I have done both with similar results. The best thing to do is mend the two parts then let it sit for a bit to start it's cure. After it warms up and starts to get tacky, it is ready to apply. This just makes it more sticky and easier to get the result you are demanding.

There is no need to wait for anything. Super glue the frag to the epoxy, and super glue the epoxy to the rock or whatever. It will stick to whatever you want immediately. It works like a charm. Try it and you will never go back to just super glue or just epoxy again.

There is no need to wait for anything. Super glue the frag to the epoxy, and super glue the epoxy to the rock or whatever. It will stick to whatever you want immediately. It works like a charm. Try it and you will never go back to just super glue or just epoxy again.

Listen to this guy. :lol:

Just epoxy just gets flakey and falls apart.

Just superglue is too sensitive so it's hard to get it to bond underwater.

Both combined is much nicer and easier.

What superglue do you recommend? I have not had the best of luck with this aquamend. It cures under water fine but has a hard time sticking to live rock or corals.

What superglue do you recommend? I have not had the best of luck with this aquamend. It cures under water fine but has a hard time sticking to live rock or corals.

I thought you said it was good as long as you get it tacky first.

Get the cheapest gel glue possible.

I have found the cheap brands have the same active ingredient has the more expensive loctite.

Look for the ingredient CYANOACRYLATE

I thought you said it was good as long as you get it tacky first.

Get the cheapest gel glue possible.

I have found the cheap brands have the same active ingredient has the more expensive loctite.

Look for the ingredient CYANOACRYLATE

It was working for me. But I was using it Tuesday and I was having problems on a peice of live rock that had a lot of coralline growing on it. It didn't seem to "stick" as well. This superglue method seems like a good idea, I am going to try it tomorrow when I get some more Zoas in.

Not sure I understand. Make a little ring of the epoxy and let it dry and then superglue the frag to the epoxy, and the superglue the epoxy side to the rock? Please explain in greater detail, I'm a little dense.

Archived