SaltCritters.com

My New Tank

land_lubber

land_lubber
Mike Savage

It's looking good. You have some beautiful zoos! Do you feel the Nano stream helps? I haven't put one in mine yet and the flow seems real good without it.

Mike

land_lubber

MJSavage - The flow from the two pumps are good but I wanted more so I added the Nano stream. I only run one of the pumps though.

Shramj - Thanks I am happy with my zoos as well as it is quite hard to find nice ones here in NZ.

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...
land_lubber

Ok well I forgot I had this thread and thanks to Bluesky for bringing it back up....so I think its about time to update it. I broke down my Max tank and upgraded to a 120G cube, now I am shifting and can't take my cube tank so have gone back to my Max tank. So here are some specs and some pics. I copied this off Bluesky, I hope you don't mind :blush:

Tank Info:

Started: March 2nd 2008 (for the second time)

Tank Type: Display

Setup/Modifications:

Lighting: Aqua One 150w HQI with 2x24w PC's (not the best but all well)

Filter Media: Live Rock in the chamber of death (want to do something like StevieT's media rack)

Skimmer: Tunze 9002

Powerhead: Tunze nano stream 6025

Bio-balls: None

Auto Topoff: Manual w/ RO/DI

Basic Content:

Live Sand: Just a little sprinkle

Live Rock: 35 lbs (just guessing)

Water: NSW for water changes and RO/DI for top off

Supplements:

Zeovit Amino Acids

Zeovit K-Balance

Current Livestock:

Baby Coral Beauty

Firefish

Cleaner Shrimp

Blue Legged Hermit

FTS

FTS.jpg

FTS close up

FTS1.jpg

Left Side

LeftSide.jpg

Right Side

RightSide.jpg

Looking from the right side panel

RightSidePanel.jpg

and my baby Coral Beauty (my firefish is bigger than him haha)

CoralBeauty.jpg

I need to change my PC's and get some new brighter ones and also change the 150w bulb to a 14k Phoenix. I'll also be getting a ATO in the next few weeks. like I said I am shifting in 1 weeks time so things will change although I want to keep the rock work like it is but the corals will be moved around to there permanent positions :D

Ok well I forgot I had this thread and thanks to Bluesky for bringing it back up....so I think its about time to update it. I broke down my Max tank and upgraded to a 120G cube, now I am shifting and can't take my cube tank so have gone back to my Max tank. So here are some specs and some pics. I copied this off Bluesky, I hope you don't mind :blush:

Thanks for updating your thread ... I don't mind at all. I am really excited to see so many RSM owners posting their tank info, mods and pics ... Nice tank Land ... hope you can share the new setup when it is done ... I guess you did not like the stock hood huh? ...

land_lubber

There is nothing really wrong with the hood but I wanted to have more SPS so decided to get out my old Halide, plus I can get better colour out of my corals with a bluer bulb which I still have to buy yet am thinking of getting a 14k phoenix.

There is nothing really wrong with the hood but I wanted to have more SPS so decided to get out my old Halide, plus I can get better colour out of my corals with a bluer bulb which I still have to buy yet am thinking of getting a 14k phoenix.

I have heard good things about the 14K phoenix ... especially for some zoas ... the color looks nicer ... I don't have SPS. But plan to get the green bird's nest one day (in 2008 for sure). I will consult you on dosing and other requirements when i get there :)

Archived