inTank Media Baskets

Qwank's new 24g nano cube!

Qwank

24g stuff starts at post 63

well its been 2 months since I got into this wonderful hobby. i was going to start a thread a while ago but didnt want to put any boring empty tank shots in so i'll start it now since theres life in it. heres the pics:

full tank shot

DSC03317.jpg

the fish

DSC03244.jpg

DSC03296.jpg

cleaner shrimp

DSC03253.jpg

fuge light

DSC03291.jpg

I swapped the pump out for a MJ900 with a hydor-flo.

10 lbs of live rock

20 lbs live sand

2-false percs

1-yellow clown goby

4-astrea snails

5-nassarius snails

1-turbo

6-scarlet hermits

1-skunk cleaner

ph 8.4

ammonia 0

nitrites 0

nitrates 0

temp 78*F

added the fuge with cheato this week in the second chamber, first chamber has a half of one of the stock sponges to catch floaties.

next on the list is to upgrade the lighting, i'm throwing a few ideas around but will probably go with a 70w MH in the hood.

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

thanks.

yeah maybe in a few months i should hopefully be ready for corals. i want the new lights first and i havnt even though about testing the calcium and all that yet. I'm still a noob and still researching.

moonlights. not using the stock ones. i bought a kit at a LFS for $14 and installed them into the hood facing the reflectior to avoid the 'projector' look. the pic dosent do them justice (i'm horrible at taking pics)

moonlights

DSC03354.jpg

yeah, tweety the clown goby passed away yesterday. he got caught in the surface skimmer and when i found him was near death. the shrimp had no probem finishing him off and the nass snails had a nice feast on his body.

the death of the clown goby caused an ammonia spike. i also found out my hydrometer is way off and my salinity is at 1.030. so these 2 things combined caused an ich breakout in the clownfish. at least i know the cause and i'm working on it now.

Hey Qwank,

Looking good.

Sorry to hear that you lost a mate.

Been to Sea Word lately? Seems they are pumping up the inventory. I have been going there for almost 20 years, and I have never seen so many goodies. I am like a kid in a candy store ...with no $$$.

Good Luck

Awesome CUBE! I just ordered mine today and it should be here in 48 hrs (yeah that's FAST).

Would you get another one again?

Anything you would have done differently?

You gotta tell me more about that fuge & fuge light?

Did you get rid of the "bio-balls"?

Do you like the Hydor unit?

Sorry so many questions but you have some PRIME first hand experience with the exact unit I have on it's way.

Allen :)

Awesome CUBE! I just ordered mine today and it should be here in 48 hrs (yeah that's FAST).

Sorry so many questions but you have some PRIME first hand experience with the exact unit I have on it's way.

I'll bump this for Qwank and answer your questions based on my experience with NC 12 just for the sake of you having as much info as possible. Hopefully he will comment also.

Yes I would get another one if I given the chance.

No complaints but I would change the pump.

There are quite a few instructional threads about that type of fuge light. A search should turn up quite a few results.

Bioballs suck, use LR rubble.

Sorry no hydor.

Hope your cube goes well.

hey allen thanks for your interest.

i would get one again i think its a well made product and a nice clean setup compared to other all in ones i've seen

thing i would have done diferently is get the 24g aquapod with the 150MH. but since the tank was a present from my gf i had no choice, and its still a hell of a present so i'm not going to complain or say what if.

more on the fuge light:

http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?...p;hl=fuge+light

the bio-balls and ceramic rings were never put in. i had some live rock back there insead but it was collecting detrius(spelling?) big time so i got rid of it and just have the cheato in there now.

i like the hydor unit. some people don't. its chaep enough to try it out.

hope this help.

well, one of my clowns died today from the ich. i thought he was doing good all week. he was eating and everything but i guess that dosnet matter. my other clown deveoped more ich spots today also so it dosnt look god for him either.

my second clown died this morning from the ich

Damn that's 0 for 3. I hope the refractometer can help you keep on top of things and have better luck in the future. Maybe a MH light would make everything better ;) .

Archived