SaltCritters.com

Overflowing tank (custom built tank and stand)

kinktao

thank you formerly icyuodd/icyoud2, calvin415, Mr. Fosi, er1c_the_reefer, pandabehr and last but not least Caesar777 for all the help and advice.

IMG_1214.gif

IMG_1198.gif

IMG_1199.gif

IMG_1204.gif

IMG_1211.gif

IMG_1213.gif

IMG_1195.gif

IMG_1206.gif

water overflows all four sides into a collection tray that returns the water into a 20 gallon sump.

This water is pushed back into the tank with two separate pumps running on a wave timer. when one turns on, the other shuts off.

IMG_1215.gif

IMG_1217.gif

from the beginning. this tank was built in my kitchen (i live in an apartment)

IMG_1071.gif

IMG_1080.gif

IMG_1082.gif

IMG_1088.gif

IMG_1092.gif

IMG_1094.gif

IMG_1118.gif

We have a huge one at work, the novelty wears out really quickly. Ugh you have no idea what saltwater does to your skin >=O

oh i do, my skin is constantly dry because of my tank. any good recommendations on hand lotion?

Ingenious overflow design! The tank actually over fills. Hows the algae problem on the outside of the tank?

algae on the outside is minimum to none (also cleaning the outside is a breeze). however, the inside grows as much algae as a normal tank.

thats awesome!!!!!!!!!!! is it hard to look into the tank when the water is flowing over the side?

the only part that becomes unclear is the bottom half of the glass, the top half is perfectly viewable. also i can turn off the pump anytime i want if i want it to stop flowing over the sides.

a tip to anyone who wants to build this, i noticed when i had both pumps working the water overflowing the tank was so high that there was no ripple at all. meaning perfect viewing. so buy a strong pump.

the only part that becomes unclear is the bottom half of the glass, the top half is perfectly viewable. also i can turn off the pump anytime i want if i want it to stop flowing over the sides.

a tip to anyone who wants to build this, i noticed when i had both pumps working the water overflowing the tank was so high that there was no ripple at all. meaning perfect viewing. so buy a strong pump.

Don't forget to perfectly level your tank.

I use avon moisture therapy. It works wonders

neat..plumbing job dude..by the what lights are you using...?? :huh: .....

sunpod 150 MH w/ moon lights.

Looks better w/corals ;)

come check out my tank some day man!

seriously, send me a PM on sdreefs!

Good work, I can even imagine trying to build one and get it level.

Put some snails on the outside that would be cool :)

i found a few snails in my sump... haha

COPY CAT!!

I glad to see another one here. I have had mine set up over a year now.....I love it. I get so many "WoW's" when people see mine. I have had no problems at all...save one fish jumped out. You have inspired me to update some pics for everyone.

i bet you seen me, im the kid who came in yesterday and today to get the Seio 620s and wipe you guys out of your $5 frags & mini colonies.

COPY CAT!!

I glad to see another one here. I have had mine set up over a year now.....I love it. I get so many "WoW's" when people see mine. I have had no problems at all...save one fish jumped out. You have inspired me to update some pics for everyone.

hahaha yea, i got the idea specifically from ur original thread. i've always loved ur tank, so i had to have one too. can't thank you enough.

john

• 2 weeks later...

Archived