Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

24 Gallons of the sea NOW with LEDs

kidninja

THIS TANK HAS BEEN TAKEN DOWN DUE TO UPGRADE TO A 75G TANK! Click the picture below =)

kidninjadark.jpg

Hey, so I have been in the reefing scene for a couple of years so I decided to set up a JBJ 12 Gallon Nano Cube UPGRADE to a 24g Nano Cube because my original tank was pretty much going downhill. I pretty much wanted to keep everything stock, with as little upgrades as possible.

So enjoy my tank, all comments appreciated, any suggestions, and any questions just ask. ENJOY!

My Youtube Channel

My JBJ Nano Cube 12 DX My JBJ Nano Cube 24 w/ 110w Maxspect LEDs

Hardware:

JBJ Nano Cube 12DX - JBJ Nano Cube 24

Stock lighting: 2x24 PC 50/50 - Maxspect 110w LED

Upgraded stock pump to Maxi-Jet 900

Upgraded stock duckbill to Hydor-Flo

Vortech Mp10es

Chamber 1 - Live rock rubble

Chamber 2 - Heater

Chamber 3 - Maxi-Jet 900

Fish:

Pair of False Percula Clown Fish

Pajama Cardinal

2 Chromis

1 Blue Fin Damsel

MORE TO COME eventually... lol

Inverts:

Snails... snails... snails... hermit crab... snails..

Corals:

Hammer

Green Polyp Toadstool

Gorgonian

Montipora Caps Green and Red

Pulsing Xenias

Variety of zoas

Ricordia

GSP

Candy canes

Frogspawn

Shrooms

Palys

Various SPS

My Youtube Channel with monthly updates. Rate, comment, subscribe to track my progress

kidninja Youtube Channel

DSC_1934.jpg

7/10/11

IMG_0900.jpg

DSC_0774.jpg

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That is exceptional. What is that tall coral on the left side?

the tall coral is a gorgonia

it actually started as this one little stick, and has now branched out as you can see

gone reefing

First, nice tank, love the GSP. I noticed you have a ton of flow for that cube, have you ever had issues with the coral closing up? In the first video it looks like the clown is fighting the current pretty bad.

First, nice tank, love the GSP. I noticed you have a ton of flow for that cube, have you ever had issues with the coral closing up? In the first video it looks like the clown is fighting the current pretty bad.

lol thanks, i rarely have any issues with the gsp, basically like any flow

as for the clown fish, it is perfectly fine in the tank, for some reason it was swimming like crazy that day lol

i've had that clown for about 1 -2 yrs+ before i moved it to the nano cube. at first is started just staying at the top of the tank but now it swims everywhere

ihatesears18

well done sir, i gotta say though, dumping a cup full of water 1,000,000 times during a water change would get old. Have you thought of siphoning the water into a gallon jug and pouring it in that way?

well done sir, i gotta say though, dumping a cup full of water 1,000,000 times during a water change would get old. Have you thought of siphoning the water into a gallon jug and pouring it in that way?

lol thanks. i really dont mind just scooping in the water, cups at a time since its only a few gallons. i also use that bucket to mix the salt into the water so why bother putting it into another jug or something just to put it in. i can understand if it was like 50 - 75% water change then yea i would usually pour it in instead of scooping

there is nothing in any of the back chambers, i removed everything that was originally placed in there

so chamber 1: heater only

chamber 2: nothing

chamber 3: maxi-jet 900

so far so good no problems at all, i just do a water change every 2 weeks and its good as new

If you want an idea for chamber two, here is what I did with mine, I got a stevieT underwater light and stuck in there with some cheato. Gotta keep up on maintenance on the return pump a bit more from the bits that get caught in the intake of it, but it has made a world of difference in my tank. Also wouldn't hurt to use Chemi-Pure or purigen in chamber one, along with floss, which is what I do, I keep my heater in the same chamber as the return pump.

• 2 weeks later...

very nice tank!! I love your gorgonian, I think im going to get one now!!!! lol

i also have a 12g that I just set up.... it's still cycling, but I can't wait to stock it!

Archived