SaltCritters.com

outcold720's 2.5 minibow build

outcold720

so I put in a ton of LRR and it didn't do anything at all so I put a sponge like the ones used in AC's and it didn't do anything either. I haven't got a chance to try a filter sock yet or filter floss so thats the next thing on the list.

the tanks still cycling so we probably wont get anything in there for a few more weeks which sucks.

its loosing a lot of water from evaporation something like 2/3 of a 1L bottle in a day so my original plan for keeping the ATO reservoir in the stand won't work because it will have to be filled up everyday.

and the temp is staying at a perfect 78 degrees all day the fans in the hood and base definitely keep it cool.

Why not just use some polishing compound and rub away at the reflector? People have taken CPUs from looking dull like your reflector and given them a mirror finish in under 20 minutes.

• 2 weeks later...

so we've added some coral to the tank recently and some clean up crew

theres three tiny hermits and 2 nass snails and one astrea snail

I put some yellow, star, button polyps from my tank in it to see how they would do and there doing fine so we added a hammer the reason we got a LPS so soon is because my girlfriends dad brought home two full grown clown fish for the tank so me and her went back to the store and exchanged it for a coral and the hammer was the only decent one.

post-20917-1191011122_thumb.jpg

post-20917-1191011135_thumb.jpg

post-20917-1191011148_thumb.jpg

Archived