SaltCritters.com

How many of the contest tanks are still running?

debbeach13

debbeach13

on keeping your pico after the contest. How many really did?

How about an update FTS? Maybe with a can of soda or a can of veggies so we know it is a new picture. I would love to see them if you have a moment to snap a picture

Thanks in advance for your time

Debra

My 2.5 is still up and running and I plan on keeping it that way. I've had to thin the Anthelia yet again and fraged a mushroom into my Nano Cube. I think I might get a Sexy Shrimp for the tank.

Bump or no one kept it? Bummer
you have to wait for the weekend for decent pics from me, sorry.

i think as the season changes the midday sun is 'too overhead' now and the tank's not getting as much light as it did before. not sure yet, have to check this weekend. but i've noticed a slight decline in growth speeds so i think it's the sun's "new" angle during the day.

i'll update stuff when/if they move the tank threads to members' tank forum. but i'll post some pics here this weekend just for you, deb! :wub:

Mine's still running, although not for long... It's grown so well that everything is begining to fight, both through physical touching and chemical warfare despite bi-weekly water changes. Time to upgrade methinks!

debbeach13

Oh thats great keep us ported on the upgrade. Of course I did not realize that the threads were frozen. There will probably be some updates once people can do it :^)

Mine's still up and running. It managed to survive being left alone for 2 weeks last month, phew! I intend to update all when my thread is unlocked/moved. :D

Best regards

Ann

updates as requested: ;)

below: side view fts

2006-0521-1.jpg

below: top view fts (tank's too close to the window now for a front fts)

2006-0521-2.jpg

below: closeup of pipe organ in pic above, the 2nd strata of pipe organ is beginning to grow in

2006-0521-3.jpg

below: coral veins! heh, actually they're just the stolons of the "moss" coral i bought late in the contest. as seen in the 1st pic, they're growing onto the side pane of glass (and the front actually). every so often a polyp grows out but it's an interesting view imo.

2006-0521-5.jpg

i hope they move our threads soon. i'm going just cut & paste when the threads are finally moved to members' forum (i hope). :unsure:

While my 2.5g project suffered too many tank breakages in the beginning, and I missed entry deadline, my 2.5g DIY acrylic tank is still up & running strong. I need to get updated pics one of these days (I'm lazy).

debbeach13

Thanks Tiny as always your tank is great and the coral viens are outstanding. I wonder if it will cover all the glass. It must look like a net when your standing back.

Thanks Tiny as always your tank is great and the coral viens are outstanding. I wonder if it will cover all the glass. It must look like a net when your standing back.
thanks! the 1st pic shows the veins on the lower right side.

it's beginning to cover the front though so i think i'll have to prune the front section at least to keep the light shining thru.

Fishfreak218

mines stil up... but just LR and inverts. took out all the coral.. macroalgea and nussiance algea took over.. its suffering from neglect now.. i was going to revamp it.. but really just need to put all my attention into my 30g. Cube

a bit dirty, got a lil cheato flowin out of the acfuge, but here it is as it stands today.

100_0945.jpg

that's a frickin' lot of coralline, shiv. looks great!
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived