Innovative Marine Aquariums

Do clownfish eat pods? the really tiny white ones on glass

andrewkw

I've had my clownfish for more then a week now at first I was feeding marine flakes and he barely tasted them but I do believe he ate a flake or 2. I got freeze dried brine shrimp and plankton yesterday and he also doesn't seem to intrested in them. However once I turned all the powerheads and filter off I could see a lot more tiny tiny white dot pods swimming around. The fish was opening his mouth against the glass where a bunch of them were so i'm guessing he ate some. They are really small though. Is this most likely the reason why he's not eating much? He is active so i'm not too worried and if 3 choices aren't enough for him then i don't know...

Most carnivorous fish love pods- a natural and nutritious source of food. Try some frozen foods as well such a mysis shrimp and cyclopeeze. Lots of those are vitamin enriched and can add immunity as well as health to your fish. The pods are a good supplement so you don't have to feed as much.

• 7 months later...

I was concerned about the amount of pods I had they were everywhere ! Now that I have my clown I dont see them anymore. He hovers over the rocks and eats any he can find!

Mine love to watch for them against the black backdrop on the back of the tank and eat them off. They also like the mysis but won't touch the Omega One pellets I bought. Well, actually they put them in their mouth but spit them back out.

Archived