Top Shelf Aquatics

What do Clowns eat ?

paul21

2 days ago i got my clown , the lfs was closing so i had to buy it fast and i took some flake food, i forgot that clowns eat bloodworms , well i had it for 2 days and it dident eat anything 0.o im thinking that the flakes r not that good 4 these fish,

anyways i wanted to know what u feed ur clownfish and wat it eats the most before i go to the store to buy bloodworms :happy:

Bloodworms are not naturally from the ocean. My clowns eat any carnivorus food: krill, brine, mysis, flake, etc.... Give him a few days. Depending on the species it may take a while to warm up to your tank and start eating.

This is my take on it.

Mysis shrimp from Hikari only!! That is enriched brine.

Brine Shrimp has no nutritional value

Krill I chop up in very small fine pieces and feed as a treat but it's really to take it back to my anemone.

Remember they also like a little algae in their diet.

Formula I and II are good, but formula I they chomp down.

my clowns eat finely chopped romaine letuce, finely chopped shrimp (the kind you get for parties, minus the coctail sauce), frozen brine (enriched with spirulina algae), freeze-dried plankton, and freeze-dried krill (chopped up)... they eat almost anything offered... however the brine shrimp seem to be their favorite.

bloodworms are actually freshwater... so these would be farthest from their natural diet... go with the brine (preferably frozen)... however the brine alone dosen't have the nutirents necessary for the fish's health... so an enriched brine is the way to go... I get sfbb spirulina brine and they love it... http://www.sfbb.com/product_popup.asp?cate...%20Shrimp&id=23 ...most fish stores carry it.

Edited by aquaman7

here's what i feed my clowns, it's a mix i make for them:

frozen brine shrimp cubes

omega one flakes

spectrum thera + for small fish

cyclopeeze

ocean nutrition seaweed selects

kent garlic extreme

mix all of those in a bowl, the brine cubes will make up the moisture and then freeze that mix. break off small pieces and feed it to your clowns. they will love it and it covers a lot of nutritional needs.

here's what i feed my clowns, it's a mix i make for them:

frozen brine shrimp cubes

omega one flakes

spectrum thera + for small fish

cyclopeeze

ocean nutrition seaweed selects

kent garlic extreme

mix all of those in a bowl, the brine cubes will make up the moisture and then freeze that mix. break off small pieces and feed it to your clowns. they will love it and it covers a lot of nutritional needs.

great idea, i bought some mayis shrimp in frozen cubes tho. ill do what u said next time =D

Cyclopeeze !!!

When I first bought my false clown, he was a pale orange color.

Now after 3-4 months, he's a deep dark orange color with sharp black lines and frisky as ever before. He goes nuts for cyclopeeze.

yea, i throw in some maysis shrimp and he just swims by it and ignores it, maybe sometimes eats it and spits it out.. i really dont kno wats going on with my clownfish, his stomach is empty!

• 13 years later...

My clowns eat krill, mysis, brine shrimp and mussel meat but their favourite food by far is lobster eggs they go crazy and they're tiny so even the tiny fish can get some too