• Fiji
    • Tonga
    • Lalo
    • Melanesia
    • Marshall Islands
    • Kaelini
    • Caribean
    • Aquacultured

I bought mine all fully cured from somebody breaking down their tank. It's 90% fiji. Then when I upgraded to a bigger tank I added in dry Fiji from marcorocks.com. It's great stuff. I also have a few random dry pieces from reeferrocks.com which I believe they mine in Texas. It looks like crappy fiji rock, not smooth like texas holey rock.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 9 months later...
deepdvnarq

from the las vegas desert! lol! really. it's very porous and has holes all throughout and plenty of crevices. i was driving by a big empty lot with this big pile of rocks. i just chose the pieces i wanted. kinda looks like the hole-y rock on ebay or the dry rock that you get from reefcleaners. it was free!

chuckfullservice

I feel badly after this poll ! Thats alot of LR stripped from the ocean , and we wonder why coral reefs are doing poorly!

I think we need to start farming live rock if its not being done already . I can't see it being that difficult!

This poll makes me sadd ! :huh:

clockwork john

I have a mix of Tonga branch, Tonga shelf, Terrestrially mined "fossil reef" rock, and rock from a buddy's tank, of unknown origin.

• 3 weeks later...

mine's a tricky one - I have some from fiji and some from tonga but it may as well have been reefbones when I got it cos there was no life at all so its also aquacultured :wacko:

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

+1. I have a very wide array of mixed rock, probably half the list at least, between the Nano and the Macro tank.

• 1 year later...

To be honest I don't know but where ever it was it came with aiptasia which I have got rid of over and over again and it normally stays away just long enough to make me think it has been eliminated before returning.

As a newbie I first saw 1 on the rock and was delighted when I saw 10 more a week later until Ibegan to dislike them when I found out what they were now I despise them and kill on sight but have accepted they may never be completely exterminated no mater how hard I try.

mine came from my local fish stores. lol thats pretty much all i know. i think its mostly from fiji though so thats what i will put

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

Archived