SaltCritters.com

[STOCK] doncb

doncb

Got a good pic of my Rock Crab. He's molted 2 times so far. Comes out after the lights go off and I see him picking at the LR. Never seen him molesting the corals or anything.

RockCrab.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK, time to up the competitive pressure!

The are 2 sides to every story. And there are 2 sides to my tank!

The "front" side you've all seen before.

13106-FTS.jpg

13106-FTS1B.jpg

13106-FTS1A.jpg

And now, for the first time! The "other front"!! Yep, that's right! it's a peninsula tank!!

13106-FTS2.jpg

13106-FTS2B.jpg

13106-FTS2C.jpg

And a few misc. pics.

Majanos have split to 3 now. This is #3.

13106-MOJO.jpg

Snail. You can see by the new shell growth he's a healthy, happy camper!

13106-SNAIL.jpg

Growth:

I started w/ 5 mushrooms and they have split to 12 total. Got coraline algae all over the place too. The lift tube is covered and the wall at the filter end is almost covered.

I love your tank. Its not crowded like most tanks. Youve got great macro shots. What camera are you using?

Thanks for the compliments everyone!

My camera is an Olympus C5500. Has 2 macro modes.

I've had an Olympus OM-1 SLR since 1973 and it has only been in the shop once. Can't go wrong w/ an Olympus.

• 2 weeks later...
Whats that fish in the background?

It's a rare Green Leaf fish. :lol::lol:

It's actually a leaf of the algae I have behind the rock. The filter flow tends to pull it down. :D Does kind of look like a fish, doesn't it.

• 2 weeks later...

u have such healthy tanks.... i loved ur 2.5g minibow..(is it still set-up???) this tank is great to... look at that Xenia.. awesome.. awesome.. awesom.. great tank....

-josh

u have such healthy tanks.... i loved ur 2.5g minibow..(is it still set-up???) this tank is great to... look at that Xenia.. awesome.. awesome.. awesom.. great tank....

-josh

The 2.5 MB is still up and I'm to the point where I'm going to need to thin down some things. There are 5 nice green stripe mushrooms that started out as just 1. My Trumpet split from 2 heads and is just about 4 now. Ant the Goby is doing great too.

Don't ya just hate flatworms! I have them too, in all my tanks. Grrr! Fortunately I don't have that many in my Pico.... yet. I siphon them out at every opportunity.

The tank's looking smart and, gosh, I have to say the Anemonia are really quite striking. :o:lol: Are there just the 3 at the moment? That doesn't seem too bad a reproduction rate for 4-ish months.

Best regards

Ann

Don't ya just hate flatworms! I have them too, in all my tanks. Grrr! Fortunately I don't have that many in my Pico.... yet. I siphon them out at every opportunity.

The tank's looking smart and, gosh, I have to say the Anemonia are really quite striking. :o:lol: Are there just the 3 at the moment? That doesn't seem too bad a reproduction rate for 4-ish months.

Best regards

Ann

There are just the 3. At first there were 2 and one split. They really look neat and haven't caused any problems. I feed them a mysis shrimp every once in a while.

This weekend I'm going to try something for the flatworms. I'm going to put a 7w lamp at the side of the tank to see if it will draw the FW's over. If it works maybe I can get more of them out. Now if my Pepermint Shrimp would just start eating the aptasia in my other Pico! Darn freeloader! :lol:

does the light keep your temp pretty even?

if not what kind of heater do you use

Since the light sits up off the tank it doesn't affect the temp. I have a Mini Heater. It's one of those flat heaters (7.5w). It doesn't heave a thermostat so when the temp in the house goes above about 77f I just unplug it. Seems to work OK.

Couple of new pics.

Baby Majanos! Now I have 5.

031206Majano.jpg

Green Stripe Mushroom. I fraged this one from my other Pico. It started as one and had split to six. So I shaved this one off for my contest tank.

031206GreenStripe.jpg

Mushrooms everywhere!! When I got the mushroom frag for the tank it had 5 on it. Did a head count today and now there are 16!! :o

Zoos are spreading! Anthelia is spreading! Shrooms are spreading! Majonos are spreading! GSP is spreading! :happydance::happydance:

IT'S A FRAG FACTORY!!

Dude if your ever ready to get rid of a couple Mojano's you can send them my way. I see them every now and then but not in that color and I want one or two.

Dude if your ever ready to get rid of a couple Mojano's you can send them my way. I see them every now and then but not in that color and I want one or two.

They are pretty cool looking. No doubt I'll have to thin them out sometime. Bet their fun to get off the LR!

• 4 weeks later...

Well, here is my final entry post for the contest. :)

When I started the contest I decided I was going to stock the tank with "nano-frags". Nothing from my other tanks. I wanted to see how much growth would take place in the 6 months of the contest. This pico didn't let me down!

Here is the start:

10/05 (Wow! That's bare!)

FTS_10-23-05.jpg

11/05 - Front

FTS211-05-05.jpg

11/05 - Back

FTS11-06-05Side2.jpg

12/05 - Back

FTS_122505b.jpg

12/05 - Front

FTS_122505.jpg

1/06 - Front