SaltCritters.com

[CUSTOM] Xytrix01

Xytrix01

Alrighty, the tank is clean. (mostly :happy: ) I'll post pics tomorow when my corals aren't all ###ed off. Unhappy news though. As of thismorning scooter my little scooter bleny is no longer with us. He gave up on eating while I was gone, and he passed away around 10am.

Pico016.jpg

RIP little dude!

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nicond50192.jpg

Nicond50191.jpg

Equiptment:

The basics:

-2.5gal AGA tank drilled /w custom acrylic overflow

-Tee style overflow scilencer

-5.0gal painters bucket sump

-75W Ebo-Jager glass heater

-Penguin 1440 in-sump return pump

-Dual outlet 1/2"i.d. return manifold

-Tiny off brand powerhead for extra flow

-Maxi-jet 600 pump for skimmer

-Custom built UTR nanoskimmer

Lighting:

-Custom built hood

-3x Coralife 20W 50/50 screw in bulbs

-Dual 1.5" exhaust fans

Livestock:

-Pulsing Xenia

-Orange plate coral

-Bush coral (I forgot the name already!)

-2x Small ricordia mushrooms

-Blue Zoas

-Yellow/green rim Zoas

-Orange Zoas

-Mixed Zoa branch

-Green star polyps

-Green striped mushrooms

-Pipe organ coral

-"Dolphins blue bottlebrush acro"

-majano anenomme (still yet to become a problem)

-6x blue legged hermit crabs

I love my new camera!

Pico1-12-06004.jpg

Haven't had much time this week to work with the tank, as my Jeep blew out an exhaust manifold. I've been working on that all week :angry:

Jeepexhaust007.jpg

Jeepexhaust001.jpg

Jeepexhaust006.jpg

Progressing beautifully, some sweet new corals too. Sorry to hear about the Scooter, they are difficult to keep well fed in small tanks.

Best regards

Ann

That's the spirit. Innocent till proven guilty. :)

Really nice selection of zoos, especially the orange ones on the far righthand side. :wub:

Best regards

Ann

i second that

What store did you get the Mojano at. Crazy as it may seam I want one but cant find any. I have a little anemone shrimp that would love a mojano.

I got it at a place in san jose called Sun aquarium. I'm not sure they have more though, as I got it as an acident. Mabey someone on here or RC would send you one as most people seem to want to get rid of them anyhow...

Sun aquarium is close to my house. Thay dont have too much there so I doubt I'd find one there, but if I get one I think I'd want a green one with orange tips. I know a couple of people who have them and dont have any problems with them being pest. I like that store in downtown Sunnyvale but the guy who runs the place is a dick.

Do you still have the scooter in your tank? the Ultimate Aquarium in San Mateo has a red angler that would be bad a$$ in someones tank. It's just a bit larger than a quarter and I'm sure could do pretty good in a pico for a couple of months, but then again anyone who put that in there tank would probabley get flamed.

UPDATE!!! I got a few new corals, and a new fish. I was going to finish this thing out fishless, but this guy was too cute to pass up. I'll take some pics tomorow, cuz I'm going to bed.

Oh and I have a quote of the day for today, may even put it in my sig...

"Dang, I got saltwater on my pajamas!" -me

And tony, I agree, the guy at the sunnyvale store is a prick. Also, I think that store charges too much for their stuff anyways. It's too bad really, cuz I literaly live 3 blocks away from them! So instead I drive over to Dolphin Pet village in Campbell. I've got a good hookup over there for frags, and I may even be working there soon. I hope so!

WOW! Just stumbled back apon my first FTS for this tank. This reall puts the progress in prospective!

Pico002.jpg

Pico1-12-06037.jpg

Ok, I got the pics off my camera. I saw these tank reaised true perk clowns last time I went to get corals and I couldn't resist.

Pico1-27-06008.jpg

Pico1-27-06007.jpg

And yes, he is inside my hydrometer. I was drip aclimating him and couldn't figure out how to get him back out of the bucket and into the tank. I grabbed the first reef-safe container I could find, but once he was in there he looked so funny that I had to take a picture before I put him in the tank. A tang in a 2.5 no longer seems like that big of a deal, I've kept a clown in a hydrometer! hehehe... :P

Anyhow, here's the most up to date FTS that I have. The tank has changed a little cuz I rearanged a few things last night, but I'm too lazy to take another pic!

Pico1-27-06015.jpg

Edit: ...and my new coral isn't even in the picture! Mabey I should go take a new one...

Went to the LFS again today. I picked up a few things, and I think I may have actualy reached a point where I won't be adding any more corals. It took FOREVER to place these new ones, so unless I see somthing that I can't live without I think I may just let what I've got grow in.

Corals I picked up today:

-Silver Pulsing Xenia

-Green Zoas

-Pipe organ coral

-Blue bottle brush acro

The bottle brush is a replacement for one I killed yesterday. The store I get my corals from sells the frags attached to these plastic drywall anchor screws. It's great if you have a big tank, and can find a place to wedge the screw, but there isn't enough room in my tank. So I was using my dremel to saw off the screw when the blade jams and rips the coral from my fingers. I watched it fly across the living room and impact the coffe table. The coral broke off of the screw where I had been cutting. I rushed it back to water and put it where I wanted it. This morning I come out to check my tank to find it bleach white with all the flesh missing. I was soooo ###ed off at myself! The coral hasn't been avalable for 4 months while the frags grew in the store and I killed it!!! GRRRRRRR!!! The good news is that when I went today My buddy there let me have another one out of their frag tank. THANK YOU TYLER!!!!!

The other thing I got while I was there today is a job!!! I put an aplication in there about a week ago, and when I walked in today, the owner is all like

"We want you! When can you come talk to me about it?"

YAY!!! They offered me full time too! I go in on tuesday morning to fill out paperwork and work out a scedual and all that. I can't wait!

ohhh boy are you gonna get flamed. that's much too small of a hyrdometer to keep that clown baby in!! :lol:

that's a cool idea with the screw-frags. hmmm...

looking good, x!

Ohhhh those are nice! The plugs my LFS uses are either the drywall screws, or these huge cement things the size of half a dixe cup... those are even worse that the screws!

Aww, that's a teeny tiny clown. How old is it do you know?

The tank is looking very nice indeed, however we need more pictures to fully appreciate all those beautiful corals. :D

Best regards

Ann

He was hatched in late agust I think... I'll double check when I go to work tomorow.

I'm working on the pics, so sit tight for now!

Archived