Coral Vue Hydros

[STOCK] ebin

ebin

I will be using the aquaclear mini and as of now I have a screw in 50/50 bulb style lamp. I got some black sand lying around and who dosen't got enough live rock to spare for a 2.5 sitting in thier tank. so there is my "big" plan. oh it will be set up peninsula style being viewed form my living room and the kitchen. good luck to my competition.

GOPHER!

thank you travis, i figure since the tank is so small as it is the best thing would be to get as much viewable space as possible. I really do not want to spend much on this tank and I really do not care if I win I just want to have some fun with the other members.

I think I have come to the conclusion that I want the tank to hold some algea and a beautiful mojano. the black sand with the colors of the algea set off with the mojano as a centerpiece feels like the right thing to do. mabey some sort of crab.

I figure we can leave the crazy corals to the custom catagory my tank is in the theme of more isen't better. and its '04 so it rocks da hizzle.

I will still keep the screw in lightbulb the 9 watts.

GOPHER!

• 2 weeks later...

change in plan I had to use the light for this tank for the fuge on my 29 hex so I will be using natural sunlight. i still plan on the macro and mojano. the mojano i have in there is a beautiful shade of brown with brown highlights. I will try to not clean the glass on this thing untill the end of the contest we will see how it goes. the tank has a gravity of like 1.4 due to me forgetting to top off for like since the contest started :lol: really I do not think I will win but I will at least see how this thing works out. the pump was broke for a week due to the motor sucking stirred up sand but I beat the pump till the sand fell out then beat it some more till it worked. sand still makes a grinding sound in there but her it works. total cost so far..........$0.00 i am in the green why can not all setups be this easy and cheap.

good luck competetion this monster is on the rise.

I still love the penensula thing I got going on this tank. Note the water level that is alot of evap. also note the dead sps I used as rockwork. if I could find a dead bull skull that would fit in there I would so do it.

post-7528-1131162565_thumb.jpg

post-7528-1131162577_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
Focus Pinky, focus.
true, true dat.

ebin,

use the timer to click and/or get a tripod. it'll help a lot with the focus. <- photo tips i got from the doctor. thanks, doc. ;)

Yes I know my camera sucks but you get the just of it.
probably not as sucky as mine though. <_<

but just those two tips have helped me out a lot (imho).

Well just wanted to throw an update out there for you all the mojano I have in the tank is still very small and moves around alot. tank is doing fine and I will update a pic tomorrow.

go sunlight!

Blind Tree Frog
true, true dat.

ebin,

use the timer to click and/or get a tripod. it'll help a lot with the focus. <- photo tips i got from the doctor. thanks, doc. ;)

I assume you mean the 2 second timer that at least my camera has (to help reduce camera shake in your pictures).

another piece of advice that has helped me greatly is that when you click to take your picture, hold the button down and don't release it until a second or two after the picture is taken. This is help reduce shake even more.

Well the pico is still going strong since the start of this competition I have kept pretty true to my word not much has been done to this tank. it is very self sufficient. lighted by sun and the macro is growing nicely. I am on the look out for maybe a nice little piece of lr as there could be a bit more. also I plan on adding a bit more macro.

My majano is loving the macro he moved onto a pile of it and has been sitting there for like a week.

well untill next time

post-7528-1133650107_thumb.jpg

post-7528-1133650128_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

yes this is how I brush my teeth. lol

k0m1wy.jpg

other requested shot

k0m35f.jpg

stock list

grape algea

hair algea

salt creep

a crab or two

a small cerith snail

mojano anemones

some half dead zoos

sps skeletons and a lps skeleton

and a cute pair of mushrooms.

Well the tank is still going. i had to clean the outside of the glass today it was just too much of an eyesore.

I really am impressed with the fact the tank has not become a cesspool I spend no time on it at all I have done 2 maybe 3 (I can't remember) water changes. I spend all my money and time on the 29. this tank has showed me that algea is tuff as hell. I never had any brown algea break out whitch is amazing since this is quite possibly the most neglected tank in the contest. I will update more this week promise.

probably not as sucky as mine though. <_<

but just those two tips have helped me out a lot (imho).

How much evap are you getting per day with a sunlight setup? This contest has forced me to read the manual on my camera :) I'm slowing learning how to take macro shots - I just ordered a macro lens so I can get take closeups.

Archived